FA Cup Final

Yeah so the cup final is today, thought I'd get an official thread going or something to save posting back and fourth in the Arsenal and United threads.

Should be a great game like usual. Like I said before, I don't think Arsenal will miss Henry as much as people think so it'll still be a pretty even game. If I was United I'd pick Carroll over Howard actually, we'll see what they do there though.

I'm going with 3-2 to United. If it's as action packed as usual then there should be quite a few goals, or so I think anyway. I'm nearly betting money on it that RVN scores too.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s still a lot of question surrounding the line-ups of each team as far as I know.

Heinze and Henry are definitely missing on both sides whereas the likes of Gary Neville and Sol Campbell are still doubts.

Although Arsenal are missing probably one of they’re most influential players not to mention they’re prolific goal scorer, United may be missing two members of the back four which could prove very costly. If Gary is to miss the game through injury, Wes Brown will have to play right back, reverting to Rio and Silvestre in the middle with O’Shea possibly filling in on the left. All in all it just spells inconsistency and I think United may have the bigger defensive problem.

In terms of attack, Van Nistelrooy desperately needs a dramatic return to form, just to see off the end of a disappointing season for him and the team. Rooney also tends to turn up his game for such a big event and granted he isn’t wasted on the wing; I can see him bagging a goal or two. Again, the game itself will probably be very tight but all bias aside I can just see United nicking it by probably a one-goal margin, I could of course be wrong but for our sakes; let’s hope not.

COME ON MAN U! Beat the Gooner scum!

Then Arsenal, like Spurs, won't have won any trophies this season... :shifty:

I want plenty of goals too, mainly cos of my fantasy football team. I'm 20 points behind the guy in second in our super league and would love to beat him as he won our league last season.

So I want goals and assists from:

Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Pires and Bergkamp...And a headed goal from Ferdinand wouldn't go amiss.

Ok game so far but we really need to bring Van Persie on, hopefully Edu gets a chance to shine sometime in the game aswell.

Should have been 1-0 Man Utd, Van Nistelrooy was not interfering with play.

Great game, the penalty kicks were so nerve racking to watch lol. So glad we come away with something to show for the season. I do feel a little sorry for united fans, but hey tough luck. :P

Lehmann was the only Arsenal player who really did anything in the match and it was a good penalty save, but how the hell did United not score in normal time? They dominated for 120 minutes, had some excellent chances and just couldn't put them away. Sums up the season in some respects.

I love the way everyone's like "boo-hoo, United deserved to win!".

If you outplay someone for 120 minutes and still can't score, how do you "deserve to win"?

Lehman was awesome all game, he deserved it much more than United (minus Rooney and Ronaldo) did. And for it to be him that won them the cup was great.

Rooney and Ronaldo were great for United, nobody else could be bothered, and van Nistlerooy was just shocking.

Edit: I forgot Giggsy, when he came on he did well too.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Great cup final. I am always sceptical of watching them because on occasion they don't live up to the hype, but this one sure did.

Man Utd were very unlucky, and should have won the game in normal time. But credit has to go to Arsenal, and especially Jens Lehmann. I have never been a fan of his but today he was outstanding.

Congratulations Arsenal.