FA Cup Final

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Devil

United deserved to win becuase they played better. They dominated the match for 120 minutes and even though Arsenal played better in extra time United should've won. On the other hand they should've killed the match off and won 2 or 3 nil but left it to penelties and this is what happens. The better team on the day lost but that's football at the end of the day.

I find it funny how people say when one team "deserves" to win a game more than the other one.

No team "deserves" to win anything in football, even if they play really well. If you don't win a game, it's not because you're unlucky but it's because either a)your defence sucks or b)your attack sucks. Even when the ref is a cock, a good team will not allow themselves to be forced into a situation where the ref will decide the game for them.

Anyways, Man Utd played well, much better than Arsenal, but they did not win because they couldn't finish off their chances, not because they were unlucky.

Wow.

Total Domination, one-way traffic – yet a loss on penalties.

Quite expectedly, I’m disappointed as fuck. We should’ve won but didn’t and that’s basically something that’s been against us all season. Sometimes things aren’t just meant to be, but I honestly thought we could win today.

To summarise, Arsenal were second-class on the day and to me at least (although my Arsenal friend disagrees with me) they showed they’re dependence on Henry in such big games as this. They never looked like scoring in spite of the various attacking options they fielded, In the end I think they’ll be the one’s questioning just how on earth they came out with the cup whereas we'll surely be wondering just why in the hell we couldn't.

We clearly out-played Man Utd :shifty:

Well, one shot on target in 120 minutes sums the game up I guess. We won, which I'm fucking relieved/happy about, but at times (like the majority of the second half!) I was afraid Man utd would score.

The second Ljungberg came on, I think the players realised that they were in the FA Cup final, and not in a training game as we started to try and play.

I was terrified when it came down to penalties, as I hate the fucking things. But something told me we would win, dunno how, but we won, so in the end...we rule.

I love the way everyone's like "boo-hoo, United deserved to win!".

If you outplay someone for 120 minutes and still can't score, how do you "deserve to win"?

Edit: I forgot Giggsy, when he came on he did well too.

If you outplay someone for 120 minutes and still can't score, how do you "deserve to win"?

Well we deserved to win more than Arsenal. Arsenal's first shot on target was on the 97th minute. Now somebody try and argue against that

Well, although I agree that I think Man Utd should've won, they clearly didn't deserve to win, because they couldn't put the ball in the net in 120 minutes of play. Simply put, Man Utd weren't able to score, and they paid for it.

Oh, and the USA chants in an FA Cup final made me laugh so hard.

Well we deserved to win more than Arsenal. Arsenal's first shot on target was on the 97th minute. Now somebody try and argue against that

I love it.

So glad we got the win. I am suprised, no-one has mentioned Arsene Wengers shitty tactics today. I mean, what the fuck was he doing? I have never seen us use a 4-5-1 formation before, it wasn't working but he wouldn't change it. I hope he doesn't want to use it next season.

Anyway, Man Utd completley pissed all over us, but Lehmann was out to prove a point I think, he will be our number 1 next season, he was sensational today. So glad we got the win. Bring on next season already.

At first, I just sat there thinking ''fucking robbed''.

But they weren't. They just couldn't score. Arsenal did a fucking great job of closing down the infinite shots Man United had, and they even did it without Campbell, which shows they don't have to rely on their big names to win anymore. Although if Henry was on the pitch, it could have been a completely different game.

I'd also like to note Rob Styles fucking owned that whole game. Every decision was perfect. The only bad refereeing decision was by one of the linesmen who ruled one of Ronaldo's crosses as being out. And if it DID pass the line, it was a goal (didn't though).

And Reily, usually when a team completely crush the opposition in terms of gameplay, it means they're the better team. I always fancied Arsenal to win the penalties, and I actually said 'I don't think he fancies this' when Scholes walked back from the ball. Everyone else who took one looked like scoring.

It's a pity there had to be a team that have no trophies at the end of the season.

Also: fuck off GOD, Chelsea winning the league has absolutely no bearing in an FA Cup thread.

People should calm down just a touch about Lehman. Fair dues he did well, but he wasn't that brilliant. He made a few very good saves, he didn't sit there and pull off ten super saves or anything. The reason he was made to look good was because United were just terrible at finishing, they should have had at least three or four. Fair enough though as Lehman did perform very well.

Ashley Cole is still funny as fuck, him saying Arsenal deserved it was very funny. RVN was terrible. Ronaldo, Rooney and Keane were all downright superb. I thought Arsenal had possibly there worst performance in years too, just terrible stuff and most teams would have scored at least one goal.

Felt really sorry for Ronaldo and co by the end of it, because they did deserve to win it. They were the super team in the FA Cup too, but obviously they didn't take the chances they had. United have such a good team so how they didn't win today is beyond me. Oh yeah, Ronaldo again, superb. People call him all sorts of names but today he got on with the game and showed how great he really is.

Cracking game though.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect