Man United Thread

Jook

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I hate diving regardless of who does it, even if its a player of my own team, but I'd say that Ronaldo is the most prolific diver in the premiership. Referees need to get harsher, fuck giving the yellow, its cheating of the worst kind, straight reds is what you need.

I know Pires has dived in the past and got a name for it, but by doing so he's screwed himself because not many referees are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still amazed that Ronaldo still gets away with it, even though its ballerina stuff.

Theres something disgusting about a player taking the decision to fall down rather than carry on and bury the ball into the back of the net.

rvdwannabe, I know you say you hate Chelsea being a Fulham fan, but I'm still yet to see any actual hate, I know to be a proper Fulham fan you have to say you hate Chelsea, but like I said, its not something I've seen from you, sometimes you actually seem like a Chelsea fan, its not an insult nor does it have much baring on any specific topic, just an observation.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rvdwannabe, I know you say you hate Chelsea being a Fulham fan, but I'm still yet to see any actual hate, I know to be a proper Fulham fan you have to say you hate Chelsea, but like I said, its not something I've seen from you, sometimes you actually seem like a Chelsea fan, its not an insult nor does it have much baring on any specific topic, just an observation.

Frankly, it is because I'm not a proper Fulham fan. I don't go to all the games, I don't do all the stuff usual fans do to be honest. I don't hate Chelsea because I have to, and I like a lot of thier players, Duff, Terry, Lampard, Gudjohnsend, Forsell, Gallas, etc etc are all players that I have liked, even before they went to Chelsea.

I don't believe in doing something because I'm supposed to to fit in as a fan. Maybe if I was more into being a Fulham fan, the Chelsea hate would come with it, but otherwise, I'm none too bothered.

After reading the last page or so, I’ve come to the conclusion that Gooner4Life is an idiot. And that’s about it.

Every team in the premiership has had players dive from time to time. As much as I disagree with it, it’s a fact and it’s acknowledged that in this day and age, these things happen. To argue who dives more between two teams who are quite frankly, both guilty, is ridiculous. You’re an Arsenal fan; you’ll argue one thing just as I’m a United fan and I’ll argue another. The only difference? You’re a biased idiot who clearly has no idea what he’s talking about on this and many other occasions.

Are all the United fans dead or something? Surprised no one has posted here yet.

Rooney scored the best goal of the season today in my opinion and showed how damn good he really is. Was a threat for most of the game too, really helped United to victory. Both teams were sloppy at times but overall for me United (Man) were the better team and deserved it anyway.

One thing, why don't you sell Kleberson? I honestly think he's shite.

Are all the United fans dead or something? Surprised no one has posted here yet.

Rooney scored the best goal of the season today in my opinion and showed how damn good he really is. Was a threat for most of the game too, really helped United to victory. Both teams were sloppy at times but overall for me United (Man) were the better team and deserved it anyway.

One thing, why don't you sell Kleberson? I honestly think he's shite.

Edited by YI

Definitely the goal of the season for me, I was practically speechless when it went in.

Another less than convincing result but a result nonetheless. Rooney deserves much of the credit, as he was one of the few consistant-driving forces for the team even when it looked like he had picked up an injury. Disappointing to see Heinze come off so prematurely, apparently it’s his ankle though it’s not as serious as they had originally thought. I hope he makes a speedy recovery, as he’s been fantastic all season. In the end, yesterday was a great result for us – disappointing for Newcastle as I felt they deserved at least something, the best performance from them in a bad run. Still, we showed great character and the win’s something we should be delighted with.

Guest Red Devil

WHAT A FUCKIN' Goal! That was awesome from Wayne. Even though people talk about him like he's the next Pele or Maradona these are the kind of moments that give those the impression. He was our man of the match and without that goal I don't really thing we would have got back into it. Tremendous amount of respect goes to Newcastle because like YI said, with virtually their team gone they put up a bigger fight then most first teams would do. Shitty performance from us but the results what mattered.

Quieroz wants Figo

Carlos Quieroz is trying to persuade Sir Alex Ferguson to sign Luis Figo from Real Madrid after it became clear that the Portuguese international no longer has a future at El Santiago Bernabeu.

According to Spanish sources, the Manchester United number two and former Real boss is set to hold talks with Madrid president Florentino Perez at the end of the current season in a bid to capture Figo on a free transfer.

Ferguson has been a long-time fan of the former Barcelona midfielder and would not take much convincing that he is worth a risk as a free agent.

Figo has fallen out with Madrid after they decided not to renew his contract which expires in 2006 and he is also furious that he been dropped to the bench for the last three league outings.

The Spanish giants could be willing to let the player leave for nothing as they would not have to pay him €6million for the final year on his contract.

The 32-year-old has often stated that he would like to play in The Premiership and he would have little problem adapting as he and his model wife Helen Svedin both speak fluent English.

Figo would also be happy to be reunited with Quieroz - who was in charge at Real from 2003-04.

Figo moved to the Bernabeu in 2000 for a world record fee of €55million after agreeing a pre-contract with Madrid when negotiations with then-Barca president, Joan Gaspart, broke down.

Ferguson has stated his interest in the player years ago, and every summer people would talk about that, but it was never more than simple interest. It wasn't even a transfer rumour, because of his previous "unavailable for transfer" status in Madrid. Now that he is older though, I thought that if he ever was to leave Madrid (which i'm sure he will this season) he wouldn't go to another football giant money-making club, mainly because they wouldn't want to spend the money he would earn on a 32 year old player. But then again, if not them, who would have the money to do so?

Oh.. and the name is Queiroz :P

Guest Red Devil

We actually don't need him as we have got a better Portugese right winger in Ronaldo. If his wages are cheap enough and is free then he may be able to make up the numbers but I really doubt this will happen.

Anyway, I was reading in one of the papers today that Fergie was ready to hijack Barca's bid for Van Bommel and bring him in on a free. He would be a great singing IMO.