Man United Thread

Jook

I feel bad for insulting, and not recognising, an England legend. I guess anything is better than Claridge...

"So Steve what do you think of the match"

"Well on the plane here I asked for roasted peanuts and just got salted..."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Night's Goals incase anyone missed them, Richardson's in particular was great; http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35DOKES...6D1DR1X90STFZH2

As for the result, I'm not too bothered. We came with a job to do and did it comfortably enough. It may not have been the prettiest game of football in the world due to the awful conditions of the pitch but we were cool enough to get through despite a few slip-ups here and there.

The only real downer was Gary Neville picking up his injury. Bardsley isn't quite ready to make the step-up from the reserves and Wes Brown's performances as right-back has been questioned in the past. It's a shame we seem to have missed out on this Brazilian kid, he could've really come in handy.

Nice to see Heinze get his goals, if only he can continue in the premiership and earn me some points for my fantasy football team. :P

I feel bad for Shay Given and Scott Parker, two good players let down by perhaps the shittest defense in the Premiership. Actually, Carr and Babyaro are solid - but Souness should worry about signing a centre back or two, rather than Michael Owen.

Scholes' passing was a joy to watch, as always, and Rooney was superb. I'm guessing all this new, patient system malarky is designed to shield Roy Keane, who had very little to do today.

What was with the Man United players today? Heinze, Ronaldo, Rooney, etc couldn't stay on their feet for more than five minutes. And Newcastle really need someone to score for them, they ran all over Man United in the first half and never scored. Then Man United just took the piss in the second half, and Ruud put the dot at the end of the sentence.

Either way, I always look forward to Man United vs Newcastle and wasn't disappointed, very back and forth match, especially in the first half. Nothing seems to go right for Newcastle right now for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

United set Mikel date

Manchester United remain determined to bring John Obi Mikel to Old Trafford in January, as was originally planned.

In what has been the most protracted transfer of the summer, the latest news coming from the player's current club, Lyn, is that as far as United are concerned the original agreement will be fulfilled.

Mikel signed for United in April but then claimed he had been bullied into the move and that he would rather join Chelsea.

Fifa became involved after negotiations reached an absolute impasse, where after a lengthy investigation, the 19-year-old was ordered to return to Norway.

Lyn director Morgan Andersen has indicated that United fully expect to have their latest signing delivered in the New Year.

Andersen also continued to reiterate that Lyn have now built bridges with Mikel's agent, John Shittu, and that they are keen to welcome back their stay-away star.

"I can confirm that I have been in touch with Manchester United,'' Andersen told VG.

''They want Mikel after the New Year, as it is stipulated in the contract.

"But now he shall fulfill the season with us. We are happy for that.

"In any case, the fight is over on my part. I am prepared for a fair and honourable relationship.

''He (Shittu) is welcome to the training ground as long as he doesn't disturb our work.

"We will have to talk to Mikel when he comes to work.

"It's obvious that we need to hold meetings. We will take them when it is feasible, considering the training sessions and other things."

Guest Red Devil

My cable's been messed up for the past week making me miss RAW adn I was hoping for tonight's match to either air on ITV or atleast have the highlights on there. Damn my bad luck. Anyway, is there any place to get free streaming of the match or will anyone be upping the goals/incidents to the match like they did before?

Thanks.

Fair enough result today I thought. Neither us or Liverpool really did enough to warrent the win after 90 minutes.

I was a bit surprised at Liverpool's layout when I first saw it, it certainly didn't look like one a home side should be putting out, Crouch up front with no-one to knock it down to practically showed that Liverpool would be happy with the point and that they would never be ambitious enough to take all three.

Still, its a nice match to get out of the way at this point in the season. If you would've asked me before the season start which five away games would be most difficult. Everton, Newcastle and Liverpool would've been three. With Chelsea still to travel in those directions, the season may not be quite over as early as some people are suggesting.

We're so boring to watch its getting worse every game.

Screw this flipping 4-3-3 its not working! Re-vert back to 4-4-2 and going at teams. Sure we leave ourselves open to the counter but I'd rather see us actually go for a result than watch them do nothing throughout an entire game.

I wouldn't say a definite no, but the highlights would certainly have to be brief. There were very little chances created by either team but those that were may be worth seeing.

Couldn't agree more with this anti-4-3-3 talk. It may work for the Chelsea's of this world who can afford to buy the right players to fit the formation but for us, we've got to work with what we've got and what our players have become acustomed to.

Its no secret that we've worked the new system around Keane and how he needs protected in the middle, with him now out for a long period of time, there's really no reason why we should'nt experiment a little bit and get back to our old 4-4-2 ways.