Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United Agree Vidic Deal

Manchester United have reached an agreement with Spartak Moscow for 24-year-old central defender Nemanja Vidic.

An undisclosed fee for the Serbia and Montenegro international has been agreed and, subject to a medical and agreement on personal terms, Vidic will complete the move when the January transfer window opens on 1 January 2006.

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com: "I am delighted the two clubs have come to an agreement.

"Nemanja is a quick, aggressive centre half and at 24 will be a terrific addition to the squad."

Vidic was captain of his first club Red Star Belgrade before moving to Spartak Moscow in 2004.

The 24-year-old attracted interest from Serie A, and was reportedly being tracked by Arsenal and Liverpool in recent months.

He was widely regarded as the key member of Spartak's defensive line when they finished as league runners-up in 2005. Vidic played in 27 league games, scoring twice.

He was also a member of Serbia and Montenegro's defence dubbed "the fabulous four" having conceded just one goal in the World Cup qualifiers.

Just read about Vidic on skysports.com

Manchester United have edged closer to signing Nemanja Vidic after the Serbia & Montenegro international passed a medical and agreed terms on Friday evening.

The Red Devils beat off competition from Fiorentina to the capture of Vidic when they agreed a deal with Spartak Moscow for 24-year-old central defender this week.

The accord allowed Vidic to enter into dialogue with United and he wasted little time in thrashing out a deal with the Old Trafford paymasters.

Vidic passed a medical with flying colours on Friday and will be free to sign on the dotted line when the transfer window opens on Sunday.

It is not yet clear when Vidic will be free to make his debut, as United will have to apply for a work permit and secure international clearance for the powerful defender.

I've never fucking heard of him. Then again I've never heard of most ManU's signings. Hope he's good.

Not sure how how true it is, but Unitedrant said this about it:

Spartak Moscow's central defender Nemanja Vidic will have a medical at Old Trafford next week and officially sign for the club on January 1st 2006. However Fiorentina claim the player signed a contract with them on November 20th and mystery surrounds the details of the transfer with United apparently paying £2.4m more than the get-out clause in the players contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game today. Don't agree with the red card personally. Yellow? Yes. Red? Nope. City got things going their way majorly, which is probably why Ronaldo was so annoyed. Certainly a yellow, not a red in my book.

Vassel was brilliant though, worked his ass off today. Evra was a little unlucky with the debut I must say. Why Silvestre? So he speaks the same language as Evra, who gives a damn? Brown is on so much better form, Silvestre looked horrible at times today. Nistelrooy goal was pretty superb.

Overall, exciting game with good action, but United were a big let down today. Really for most of the game they were pretty much better than City. Just City defended well and when attacking, made some stuff out of nothing. United just didn't put the finishing touches on their stuff, how many times has that happened this season? One too many. Title is probably gone now, even bigger gap, seems like they'll battle for second place now.

Expect them to fire back next week, they've got to.

My first reaction was yellow too, but when I saw the replay I had no problems with it being red. I'm a City fan so I wouldn't have a problem either way, I think the red was a bit harsh but I can see why it was red because of how he threw himself into the tackle studs up. Cole did well not to get demolished by the tackle though.