The Ashes Thread

Mongrel

So far, the Aussies haven't at all looked convincing, and struggled to make runs againts Bangladesh!

As I speak, the Bangers are 1/31.

Although, last tour they did lose to several English counties, and won that 4-1.

Tomorrow will be a cracker.

My prediction, England to win the NWS and Australia to win the Ashes 3-1.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there LIIIIIVE today, and watching Pietersen bat was worth the entrance fee alone. His last six off Gillespie went two yards away from me, and it went by so fast I didn't even see it. I got on TV though.

That triple wicket over was also great, as was Collingwood's catch. And the crowd's relentless insinuation that Jason Gillespie was a gypsy.

Seriously, how Hussey never got more than SEVEN one day internationals is beyond me.

Such a clean striker of the ball, and signle handedly (OK, maybe with some help from Clarkey) stopped the Aussies being rolled for 100.

I never thought I'd say it, but the Aussies NEED Binga Lee. It is the pace they have been lacking, all the frontline bowlers bowl around 130-135, and Binga needs to return.

I don't know about Bing, he has never really impressed me much. Ok, he's fast, so what? Most of the time he bowls wide of the wicket down the leg side, and gets smacked alll over the ground. The team we got now I think is the best Australia has: Pidgion, Gillespie and Kasper. Even Kasper has earned his place in the squad.

England are suddenly great at ODI...We've had a very good run recently (even if Bangladesh are included in that run).

In theory we're better at test cricket....But so are the Aussies...

And with Shane Warne back and non-restricted field placements...I think this Ashes series will be the best there's been for some time.