The Ashes Thread

Mongrel

My favourite thing about the game yesterday was when the Aussies thought they bolwed out Vaughn (I think) but it was a no ball and the commentator said "Oh, bad luck you Aussies, it couldn't have happened to a nicer people".

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a chance to see much of this match so far, saw an hour or two of yesteray's day and the pitch looks like a bowler's nightmare, there seems to be nothing on it. 444 should be attainable for the Aussies, but if they end up getting to it I can't see the match going anywhere but a draw.

Alright then, just seen the current score, 94-3. Retract my comment about the Aussies making 400 :P

Also, anyone else notice that the 17 year old kid that was on the lunch time special with Beneau was getting more spin than Ashley Giles?

Edited by Natural Born Thrilla

Finished for the day with Australlia 210-7.

This'll probably sound rather stupid but I'm still learning my cricket.  What the Follow On?

Basicially if the Aussies don't make a certain number of runs, England win by an innings plus however many runs.

Yeah, the follow-on is where you make the opposing team follow on from their first innings straight into their second. It comes into force if the second team batting don't get past 60% (I think its around there anyway) of the score that the first team batting got.

Has there been any play today? I checked before I left the house at 12ish and they were still sat around doing bugger all.