The Ashes Thread

Mongrel

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking horse racing, if there is one sport I can't stand to watch its that.  Its even worse when it actually interrupts the cricket.

'And now we got live to Ascot...'

NO ONE FUCKING CARES!

My local's landlord does. He refuses to turn off the horse racing channel for football more often than not.

Find a new pub.

He sounds like the type of guy that would watch that virtual horse racing channel

I did, only disadvantage is round here it's the only one with sky.

And he does. Him and his wife have gambling debts coming out of their ears. I cry not.

Wow you poms are getting quite cocky aren't you? Fair enough you wont the last test and deserved to but just remember you are playing a team that has managed to come back from many a "unwinnable" position.

Oh and in case you haven't seen yet, Warney and Dizzy avoided the follow on andWarney looks good to get his first test 100

Wait, so being nearly 200 runs in front with eight wickets in hand is being cocky? :shifty:

Dizzy's been absolutely useless this series. An economy rate of one run per ball in the first Old Trafford innings. I mean, dude... McGrath didn't take any wickets, but at least he bowled well. He would've had like..four if the Aussies could catch (anyone remember them saying that about us at Lords?)

Ponting doesn't appear to be a genius either. Why isn't Warne captain? He ends up organising most of the field himself anyway.

Edited by TheReilDeal

HOLY SHIT, HOGGARD TOOK A WICKET WITH THE SECOND BALL OF THE DAY!!!

Bye bye, Langer, bye bye.

This is already shaping up to be England's day. Apparently they turned away 10,000 people at the gate today, crazy.

And yeah, Australia bowling and fielding choices yesterday were pretty terrible.

Edited by Natural Born Thrilla

4th wicket down.

I was debating as to whether I really believed England could do it today, as they seemed to be picking up the wickets rather slowly, but with that breakthrough, who knows?

Still have another 4 hours (without taking into account the tea break, of course), so we'll see how it goes.