The Ashes Thread

Mongrel

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that, but they need consistency now, and Vaughan probably should stay.And yes, I think your right, that Lee would do well in the ODI squad, but I still stand with Kasper for the tests.

Good win by Australia yesterday, but also a good moral victory for the English, in that we couldn't bowl them out, and congrats to my favourite pom Darren Gough for making his highest ODI score.

Random Notes:

1) Shane Watson - Sure, he's a fine batsman, and useful bowler... But last time I checked, no other Aussie all-rounder was spooked by a ghost. He'll be a great player.....When he matures.

2) Jason Gillespie - Is he 100% fit? He stretches a lot during his overs anyway, but yesterday he seemed more concerned than normal, especially when clutching at the hammy (did twice).

3) (for the English or anyone who watches channel 7's coverage in the land down under) Nasser Hussain is right - Nasser was never great at picking the Aussies, but what if he's right about the Australians peaking at the Natwest Final, and carrying on through the Ashes? Could us crafty Aussies be lulling the Poms into a false sense of security?

Rather than add a 2nd edit: I'm not so sure the Aussies are back Chris, I mean, we couldn't dismiss either Gough or Harmison... Signs look good for the Aussies, but until we can skittle you guys properly, England are still justthatbit ahead of Australia... After all, you guys can beat Bangladesh, so bad that Paul Collingwood scored a ton and took 6-fer. :P

Edited by superstar2003auok

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Thank god for Pietersen, great performance by the lad. McGrath was simply inspired yesterday.

Looks like the batting has calmed down a bit now as well, so maybe this will go longer than 3 days after all.

As a proud proud Aussie I'm taking this moment to gloat over our flogging of England last weekend....

OK Now being serious It was a great game with some great bowling in the first innings and some great batting in the second. Well done by Pietersen he is without a doubt your best batsman but when it came down to it 2 great innings by Pietersen couldn't outweigh the 3 middle order 50's by Clarke, Martyn and Katich.

Overall a good game and looking forward to the second.

Exciting day to watch (Glad I've got the next couple of weeks off).

I'll be going to Cannon Hill Park just outside the ground tomorrow to watch on the big screen if it's good weather.

There was just a chant of "You are a w*nker!" reverberating around Edgbaston. Trust it to be Birmingham...

Guest Cashmiesta

lol England done well today. CSAMH it's free aint it the Cannon Hill park and a free BBQ is there too. But whats the point when you can get a mad 14 inch portable tele, with two massive coolers full of ice and Beer and have a big game of cricket your self and your mates mom doing all the food? :D

Paul Collinwood got 3 100's last week too and with one game reachin well over 150!

But meh he should be in that Geraint Jones.

Mitch