WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Have a broadband internet connection and buy an online adapter(it's like 40 or 30 US dollars). You can install it yourself(damn easy to do it), plug in your ethernet chord, and voila, instant online gaming. Check your PS2 to see if it has an online adapter already, I hear some of the new ones have em.

Best bet is buying Soccom II, most of them come with a free network piece for the big PS2's, and it's way cheaper. I've seen it sitting around for £20, so it's a very good deal. Slim ones have it already build in though.

Game looking VERY good from the looks of things. Bulldog in is a big plus, but no Vader makes me sad. Shame we're getting no special ECW guy's either. Probably been asked, but when's the date for UK? November 19th/20th as usual?

Online mode sounds great, but it means fuck all unless they fixed the problem with people from UK unable to play against people from the US.

SD vs RAW's online mode died pretty quickly in the UK at least, only one room ever got used and it was only with 8 or so people. And a lot of the best CAW makers hail from the USA, so if you can't trade with other regions, that will blow for us.

But, it is an incredible jump from the past games online mode. Lets hope the gameplay matches it's improvements.

• Admin

Does the slimline PS2 definitely have it built in? I'm buying one when I buy Smackdown vs. Raw anyway, so if all I need to do is plug in a cable (I assume it's just an ordinary ethernet cable, of which I have at least 20) then I'm sweet.

Does the slimline PS2 definitely have it built in? I'm buying one when I buy Smackdown vs. Raw anyway, so if all I need to do is plug in a cable (I assume it's just an ordinary ethernet cable, of which I have at least 20) then I'm sweet.

Yes. You got any long cables? My PC and PS2 are in 2 seperate rooms so i'd need to run a cable through the house :P

I had to use a long cable and drill a hole in my wall to get my PS2 online, but it was worth it. Haha. Seriously, you guys need to get your PS2s all online in November so I can start this fucking league. It's gonna be a damn good time.

• Admin

Yes. You got any long cables? My PC and PS2 are in 2 seperate rooms so i'd need to run a cable through the house :P

My PC is in my room, with all my consoles. They're like, a meter apart.

Dang, I wanted to score a free cable :(

I've pretty much decided i'm gonna get my PS2 online for PES5 and SD. Online retailers don't seem to stock the network adaptor anymore so i'm probably gonna check the stores in town or eBay. Ditto for a long cable. Cool Jay's coming for you people :)

Edited by King Ellis

• Admin

Oh right, I missed that. I do as a matter of fact, have a long one (the obvious innuendo is not intended)

Oh right, I missed that. I do as a matter of fact, have a long one (the obvious innuendo is not intended)

Interesting, if you wouldn't mind giving one away (come on you have 20, spread the wealth :P) then we should talk. Obviously not wanting to clutter up the topic anymore I tried PM'ing you but you have it disabled apparently so hit me up on MSN (Y)

And yes, I am that cheap folks.

Edited by King Ellis

• Admin

Interesting, if you wouldn't mind giving one away (come on you have 20, spread the wealth :P ) then we should talk. Obviously not wanting to clutter up the topic anymore I tried PM'ing you but you have it disabled apparently so hit me up on MSN (Y)

How would one, err, go about doing that?

Interesting, if you wouldn't mind giving one away (come on you have 20, spread the wealth :P ) then we should talk. Obviously not wanting to clutter up the topic anymore I tried PM'ing you but you have it disabled apparently so hit me up on MSN (Y)

How would one, err, go about doing that?

Do what? MSN me? amplesalty@gmail.com Provide me with a cable? The post, heck I could even send you stamped self adressed envelope so you don't pay postage. Man, to think I ragged on the Scots for being cheap...

I guess I didn't have my MSN in my profile as I imagined. Hmmmph.

Edited by King Ellis

Wasn't there some sort of fuss a while back about WWE trying to shut down games like EWR?

GM.jpg

NEW GENERAL MANAGER MODE - Draft your show roster, balance finances, decide match cards, run promotions, and more as you grow your fan base.

The picture was taken of the SDvR06 box in an Australian Electronics Boutique, and posted on GameFAQs. I dunno how real the box is, but it looks rather shifty. I can't see this being real, since they've never mentioned it before (as far as I'm aware) but if it is then I'm just going to laugh at everyone who bought TEW >_>