How to end the nWo in One Year or Less

Now that is what I call a GREAT Nitro! From start to finish, ok maybe not the Norman/Mortis match, it was all good IMO.

The opening segment with Luger convincing Sting to team up with him than fight the nWo alone, I felt that. They do have a history with each other hence why Luger said they were friends. I am not sure but I do know that they were tag teams before.

The Norman Smiley match was average to say the least. The only bright spot I saw there was the finishing move of Norman. A good spoof to the people's elbow.

The Booker/Raven segment was good as well. Atleast he didnt say something about robbing mcdonalds.

The Steiner Brothers finally broke up in my view after that hard shot by Scott to his elder brother Rick. Thought the tensions would last longer thoug, but atleast its not. Might be painful if it were.

Buff proposing? It seems to me maybe DDP will do something to stop that at all cost.

Goldberg telling Bret that he is next and not even spearing him. Meh, that can happen. The promo he did with Flair was the thing he was thinking and not what Bisch. I wonder if there will be a backstage segment about that.

Lastly, the nWo promo. Thats a good way to introduce Eddie as an OFFICIAL member the day after he defected from WCW. The Main event was great as well. The end part of Sting finally listening to Lex makes me wanna see Thunder or next Nitro.

Good work man and keep it up. The good work that is ;)

(Man, this might be the longest feedback I ever gave to a diary this year)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2WRESTLING.COM Results from THURSDAY THUNDER

February 19th, 1998

Chris Benoit depressed

THUNDER fades in on the locker room area where Chris Benoit was sitting on a bench. Hunched over and dressed in civilian clothes, Benoit didn’t look very happy, depressed even. A shadowy look came over him as he just looked at the floor. Suddenly, some arms come down and Benoit was patted on the shoulder. The camera zooms out and shows DDP standing behind Benoit.

Benoit glances over his shoulder defensively, then returned to looking at the floor.

“Hey champ,” DDP said, “You’re not suited up.”

“Don’t call me champ. I’m no champ,” Benoit replied bitterly.

DDP stepped to the side and frowned, “That’s why I’m here, Chris. I know what you’re going through, to think you’re not good enough. Well, you are. Right now, I’m not able to prove it like you are because of this concussion, so…I was thinking….you should take on Buff Bagwell for the US Title.”

Benoit suddenly got up and with an angry poke to DDP’s chest, he said, “As far as I’m concerned, you’re the number one contender, not me. I don’t need your handouts. Hell, I don’t even know what I’m doing here.”

Benoit excused himself and walked from the locker room. DDP put his hands on his hips disappointedly and shook his head.

Overall Rating = 71.7%

Ultimo Dragon vs. Disco Inferno

Disco was out first, with a dance and a wiggle. Ultimo Dragon’s music came on over the loud-speaker, but Yuji Nagata, the Villanos and Sonny Oono came out. Ultimo Dragon came running out from the back and narrowly avoided the group at ringside before sliding in. Oono shouted some insults up at him.

Disco locked up with Dragon, then used a quick go-behind to take down Dragon to the mat. Disco slapped Ultimo across the back of the head and stood up, pleased with himself. He motioned to himself as the crowd boo’d him, telling everyone that Ultimo wasn’t so great. Ultimo swept Disco’s legs right out from under him! Yay! Ultimo hit a standing swanton, then cracked Disco in the chin with a heel kick as he tried to get up.

Sonny Oono got up on the apron and started trying to distract Ultimo, but Nagata pulled him off! What’s up with that? Ultimo was able to turn around in time to anticipate Disco’s right hand. Blocked! Ultimo grabbed him and hit a Tornado DDT, slamming Disco down at a perfect angle. Cover for the 1-2-3. Ultimo jumped on the apron and immediately showed some emotion. I was flabbergasted! He shouted at Oono and Nagata until he was red in the face, then left the ring.

Result - Ultimo Dragon

Match Reaction = 54.4%

Match Quality = 82.0%

Overall Rating = 64.0%

Perry Saturn threatens Raven

Backstage, Kidman and Scotty Riggs were standing in the hallway discussing something. Out of nowhere, a large man comes flying into view, wielding a pipe of some sort. It was PERRY SATURN! Saturn destroyed Riggs with the pipe, clobbering him. Kidman swung wildly, but Saturn downed him as well, tossing him into the wall. Saturn continued to stomp on Kidman, tossing him over a table, collapsing it.

Saturn hauled up Kidman by the collar and put the pipe against his neck, choking him, “You piece of crap! Listen up! I’m gonna deliver somethin’ to Raven and it aint gonna be a handshake!”

Saturn dropped Kidman awkwardly to the floor before stomping a few more times.

Overall Rating = 61.6%

Juvi, Psychosis & Damian 666 vs. Silver King, La Parka & El Dandy

The group of Silver King, El Dandy and La Parka came out first, with Parka strutting out in front, leading the way. He played guitar on a steel chair, then shook his knees. Juvi and Pyschosis came out next, trailed by the cooky Damian 666, pained all black and white. Damian summoned the power of Gene Simmons and waggled his tongue at the camera.

King wanted to start the match, but Parka talked him out of it. Parka locked up with Juvi, who was lifted up and tossed down to the mat, flapjack style. Juvi was quick to his feet, but La Parka hip-tossed the younger man down as he charged. La Parka did a strut and walked like an Egyptian. Blind tag from Silver King! Oh my. King argued with La Parka. Parka pushed King into Juvi, who rolled him up for a 1-2. Juvi hit a standing dropkick on King and only El Dandy made the save on the pin. La Parka sat on the apron, crossed his legs and turned up his chin, pouting at Silver King’s actions. Funny stuff.

Juvi and Psychosis tagged in and out as they double-teamed Silver King, pounding him in the corner. It was when Psychosis hit a quebrada off the second rope that King raised the knees to finally stop the momentum. Hot tag to El Dandy, but Juvi was ready for him. Standing dropkick right to Dandy’s jaw. Juvi climbed to the top and slipped…oops. Boy, the match was almost perfect. Anyway, he got back up and hit the 450 for the win.

Result – Juvi, Pyschosis and Damian 666

After the match, Silver King stole La Parka’s chair and clobbered the heels! El Dandy celebrated with him, but La Parka stormed in and grabbed back his chair. La Parka stormed off.

Match Reaction = 46.4%

Match Quality = 68.8%

Overall Rating = 60.0%

Jericho wanted the title

Jericho was introduced and came out with a microphone. The crowd immediately began to boo him, “Shaddup and keep your fat behinds in your chairs, I’ve got somethin to say! You know, there’s not been one /word/ about my win at SuperBrawl. Have I got any interviews? Have I got any press? No! Hell, my poster should be on every wall in the back for all I give to this stupid company. I want the cruiserweight championship and I want it RIGHT NOW!” he whined loudly.

“Dean Malenko, get out here right now! You know, I don’t know how many times I have to beat everyone in this company! Are you listening? I beat everyone! Everyone! Now I’m gonna beat you! You---“ he started, but was interrupted by Rey Mysterio’s music.

Overall Rating = 84.6%

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

Mysterio ran out with great speed, having apparently recovered from his leg injury. After he jumped on the apron, Jericho charged and tried to clock him with a right hand. Mysterio dodged and jumped from the ropes onto Jericho’s shoulders, pummelling him with right hands. Jericho toppled over backwards. Cover for the 1-2. Jericho got up and yelled at the referee, yelling and complaining. Mysterio hit a standing dropkick then followed up with a heel kick off the ropes.

Jericho got up wobbily. Mysterio signalled for something as he went to the top and jumped high off the turnbuckle. Jericho caught him! Jericho squashed him with an overhead release suplex. Jericho stomped Mysterio, then worked that leg over with a series of kicks and illegal heel grinds. When the referee tried to break it up, Jericho pushed him. The referee pushed him back! Mysterio took advantage, rolling up Jericho for the 1-2. Jericho barely escaped. Mysterio pounded on Jericho with right hands then tried to climb the turnbuckle again but couldn’t make it. Jericho disturbed the ropes, then got up there quick to suplex Mysterio all the way down to the canvas. Jericho wrenched the leg as he locked in the Liontamer.

Mysterio crawled toward the ropes, but didn’t have any strength in the legs left. Jericho pulled him back and Mysterio finally tapped out, being in tremendous pain.

Result – Chris Jericho by submission

Match Reaction = 71.2%

Match Quality = 78.0%

Overall Rating = 76.7%

After the match, Chris Jericho destroyed Mysterio, kicking at the previously injured leg. Jericho retrieved a steel chair from the outside and locked it around Mysterio’s ankle, looking ready to break it. Suddenly, Dean Malenko ran down to make the save, sliding in. Malenko and Jericho went toe to toe, exchanging blows. Malenko clotheslined Jericho from the ring.

Eddie sat down

A pre-recorded interview was shown. The scene faded in with Gene Okerlund, who was sitting in a plush chair, “Ladies and gentlemen! Sitting with me here today is perhaps the single most newsworthy man in WCW today! Eddie Guerrero!” he let out energetically.

Eddie was sitting across from Gene, dressed in a silk shirt and slacks. He smirked at Okerlund.

“Eddie, in the span of just over a month, you’ve stolen a man’s girl, screwed a man out of the World Title and joined the New World Order. And just to spite this man! This man is none other than Randy Savage. Now what have YOU got against Randy Savage?”

“Gene, when Hollywood Hogan told me about this plan to screw over Savage, hell I invented a reason to hate him! I’m the man now, not him. That’s why I’m sittin’ here, essa, and not him.”

“Well I for one am not impressed by your actions, Eddie Guerrero. Competing is one thing but you went out there and stole his girlfriend!”

“I didn’t ‘steal’ nothin’, holmes. I just used a little latino heat and she came runnin’! Haha!”

“Let me tell you something, that doesn’t impress anybody! Certainly not me. So where is she now, Eddie?”

“Essa, I got what I wanted, I got my spot and I got my headline. She’s kicked to the curb, holmes! I got new women who want some latinoooo heat! Haha!”

Okerlund shook his head and pointed at the camera, “Tony, back to you.”

Overall Rating = 73.5%

Alex Wright vs. Scott Norton

The announcers reminded us that Wright’s job was still on the line here. That added quite a bit to the match, but it still wasn’t quite what I expected. It wasn’t Norton’s methodical style because he was sharp but something about the match just wasn’t on. It didn’t help that Wright slipped only about a minute in, taking a move a little more stiff than he should have.

Norton just dropped the elbow and continued, trying to overpower his opponent. I don’t know if I could watch Wright get slammed from over top Norton’s shoulders, not because it wasn’t a good move, but it sure looked painful. Maybe Norton was working stiff here for Wright’s screwups earlier in the match, but not being an expert, I couldn’t tell. Wright was slammed hard twice more before finally being put into a headlock to rest.

Wright worked out, jabbing Norton with elbows. Wright slid free and bounced off the ropes so he could hit a flying crossbody for the 1-2. Norton kicked out forcibly, then got up and went to reach for his opponent, but Wright ducked under the lumbering arms of the larger man. Wright climbed the turnbuckle no handed and tightroped the top rope in order to jump on top of Norton’s shoulders perfectly. The best move of the match. He rolled Norton into some sort of upsidedown cradle for the 1-2-3. Wright survived for another day.

Result – Alex Wright by pin

Match Reaction = 45.6%

Match Quality = 61.6%

Overall Rating = 46.0%

Mike Tenay announcement: The CLASH returns

Mike Tenay was standing in the ring as the show returned from commercial. He raised the mic and said, "Tonight, as promised...tonight I have an announcement which I think will excite WCW fans all over the world. I have the utmost pleasure to announce...The CLASH is back! That's right fans...we're going to gather some of the best talent, combine them into some of the best matches and give YOU some of the best entertainment in history of wrestling as we know it. Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, the midnight express , Dusty Rhodes, they've all appeared on the Clash of the Champions but in one week we're going to present the Clash of the Cruiserweights. WCW has some of the premier cruiserweight talent in the whole world and we're pleased to bring you this Clash, with stars from Mexico, Japan and beyond. Fans...we're not only going to bring you Clash of the Cruiserweights...but there's going to be even bigger and different Clashes in the future. Now if we can only capture some of the greatness!"

Overall Rating = 77.7%

Syxx skit

The music of CHRIS BENOIT hit in the arena! But boo hoo, it was a New World Order trick, because out came Syxx and Curt Hennig, of all people. They were dressed as Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko respectively. Hoo boy, here it comes.

Syxx had on his flat, blonde rug that drooped on his forehead. He strutted around the ring and had what looked like inflated muscles under his jazzersize shirt and puffy pants. Curt Hennig also had on a wig, a black one that made him look more like Charlie Chan than Dean Malenko, but it was all good because he had the cold, stare-straight-ahead look down pat. Syxx went to every corner and raised his fist, then took a microphone.

“Hey! I said hey!” Syxx began, while trying to keep a straight face. He frowned some more, “I’m the friggin’ Crippler and I’m talkin’ here so you people better listen! Look it says Crippler on my t-shirt! Haha!”

Syxx held the mic out to Hennig for some comment, but then snatched it back, “No you shaddup, you’re not supposed to talk! Haha! Listen…listen, aaaargh! Arrggggh! I cant wrestle tonight because I’ve got hemmoroids! That’s right, I always have hemmoroids---that’s why I grunt so much! Haha!”

Syxx held the mic out for Hennig again but then pulled it back, “Oh no no no! You cant talk! Just stand there! Hey, don’t look at me like that! No---“

Suddenly, the REAL Chris Benoit suddenly came out unannounced and ran down toward the ring. The crowd actually stood up to see what was going on. Hennig abandoned the ring and his persona as Benoit slid in to attack en masse. Benoit grabbed Syxx by the hair! Syxx slipped away and Benoit was left holding the wig. Yikes. Benoit whipped the wig outside at the two buffoons.

Benoit picked up the mic and saved the promo by screaming too loudly, “This crap is gonna stop! You know what, Syxx…Hennig…Hogan…Nash…whoever the hell wants it…if Sting or Lex doesn’t get to you first, I’m gonna go through all of you ONE by ONE! You hear me? You’re going DOWN!”

Overall Rating = 78.7%

After commercial, the New World Order music hit in the arena and we were set for the obligatory comments from everyone’s favorite bad guys. Or good guys, according to Scott Hall, who came out next.

“Hey yo, you need to settle, Chris Benoit. Lemme tell you somethin’ chico, you don’t make threats to the New World Order. You take a pill and get a massage, pal. That’s what you do, because---“

Suddenly, the music of DAVEY BOY SMITH hit in the arena! He stalked out from the back.

Overall Rating = 59.7%

Davey Boy Smith vs. Scott Hall

Hall stood back from the ropes and begged off from Smith as he entered. Smith put his hands on his hips and stared down Hall. The crowd began chanting BULL-DOG, BULL-DOG and he obliged them by going right after Hall. Hall clobbered him with a right hand, but the big guy was uneffected! Smith destroyed Hall with a clothesline, worthy of Bradshaw.

Smith picked him up clean over his head and bench pressed him, then dropped him. Hall fell like a bad habit. Hall writhed in pain as Smith flexed for the crowd. Smith walked over and got caught with an uppercut. Hall followed up with successive kicks to the midsection, then Hall kicked his legs out from under him. Hall choked Smith on the middle rope, then wrenched the ropes around Smith’s big arms, literally tying him up. Smith couldn’t budge.

Hall stomped Smith’s back, kicking it repeatedly, over and over until it was red. The referee tried to break Smith free, but Hall pushed him down. After another try, Smith was free, but was badly hurt and could barely stand. Smith blocked one punch, then another until finally he was able to muster some offense. He tried powerbomb Hall but couldn’t get him up. Hall fell, but suddenly rolled up Smith for the 1-2-3 using a handfull of tights.

Result – Scott Hall by pin

Match Reaction = 68.4%

Match Quality = 59.6%

Overall Rating = 71.1%

Syxx vs. Dean Malenko for the Cruiserweight Championship

Syxx came out first, bouncing and jumping around. Dean Malenko came out, looking as cold and as unemotional as ever. The Cruiserweight Championship was held up by the ref and shown to the crowd.

The bell rang. After circling each other, Syxx tried a sweeping roundhouse kick -- Dean back and then held his hand up. He wanted a test of strength. Syxx merely crotch chopped instead. Syxx took some offense and chopped Dean over the chest until he was in the corner. Lockup, Dean went behind, Syxx reversed, Dean reversed again! Syxx stepped away and shook his head, looking frustrated. They trade slow, right hands, then Syxx hit a slingshot senton on Dean. Syxx clotheslined Dean from the ring and then jumped on him from the apron. Syxx rolled him back in, questionably quick. Back in the ring, Dean shoulderblocked him through and then rolled him up for a 1-2. Syxx was down, looking tired. Dean applied the surfboard, rocked back and all of a sudden Syxx was up in the air.

Referee Mickey Jay noticed that Dean's shoulders were down and counted a 1-2. Syxx barely escaped that one. More chopped, this time by Dean, back into the corner. with a chop in the corner. Whip reversed, Dean up and over the turnbuckle, nearly falling to the floor awkwardly, but landing on the apron instead.

Syxx used a baseball slide to knock Dean from the apron all the way to the floor, where he collided with the guard rail. Syxx was fired up and ready for more. The referee began the count, but Dean slid in, just in time. Syxx whipped him off the ropes, but Dean ducked a clothesline and connected with a spinning heel kick. Dean was down and in the corner. Syxx reared back and went for the bronco buster but missed! Good! I didnt want to see that ugly move. Dean picked up Syxx and hit a nasty looking neckbreaker, then used some sort of gut-wrench powerbomb on his opponent. Dean leaned into the pin attempt but got only a 1-2. The crowd was groaning with anticipation for the end. Dean was sweating, looking tired.

Syxx used the ropes to get up and tried to roundhouse kick Dean again, but he caught the boot! Dean twisted the leg and Syxx fell. Dean kept Syxx in that painful ankle-lock, using the submission in the middle of the ring. Syxx turned over and kicked Dean in the chest, then rolled out of the way. Dean coughed in aggravated pain. Syxx tried to roll him up but Dean reversed it and stood up, locking in the Texas Cloverleaf. Syxx writhed in pain, and after a few moments, tapped out. Your wiiiiiiiiiiinner...Dean Malenko.

Result - Dean Malenko by submission

Match Reaction = 67.8%

Match Quality = 85.2%

Overall Rating = 80.0%

The TV viewing figures for last night are now in: WCW recieved 603,844 viewers for WCW Thunder (decrease of 9,367 viewers from previous show)

NEXT TIME on Thunder...Clash of the Cruiserweights I

Edited by Nottavictim

Chapter Seven: Redeeming Spicolli

Before Bischoff could even begin to figure out just what the BOOK was or where it came from, there were dozens of things he had to do. There were dozens of avenues, dozens of choices, thanks to this book, that could help him know everything. It knew Sean Waltman aka Syxx was not going to resign, allowing Bischoff the advantage in resigning him, for example.

But now, the yellow book was predicting something a bit more gruesome than contract disputes and unhappy workers. It was predicting the death of a WCW wrestler. Bischoff had to get to San Diego before February 15th, 1998 or else Louie Spicolli was going to turn up dead. According to the pages, Spicolli died of a overdose of pain killers combined with alcohol.

Upon pulling up to Glenville apartments, Bischoff had discovered that the complex was as fairly rundown as they come and not what he expected from a WCW wrestler. The carpet of the dark hallway leading to Spicolli's apartment was faded and torn in places. Bischoff knocked on the door carefully, but there was no answer. A strange, eerie silence permeated most of the building, as if hiding something behind the numerous doors up and down the numerous hallways. Bischoff knocked again, as if his forcefulness might communicate his concern.

A bolt slid back and a shadowy face appeared at the door, "Yeah?"

"Lou?" Bischoff asked with a frown.

"Mister Bischoff?" Lou asked, opening the door.

Louis Mucciolo was no more than 28 years of age but looked like even the years he had were weighing heavily on him. His face was pale and lined, as if he hadnt slept or hadnt been eating, or both. Bischoff stepped in when he offered and looked concernedly at him. The smell of booze permeated the apartment.

"Lou...are you alright?" Bischoff asked.

"Hmm? What do you mean? I'm...fine boss. What the hell are you doin all the way out here?"

"I uh...well I just came out to tell you that you're gonna be on Thunder next week," Bischoff said, making up bookings as he went. It wasnt enough to pity Lou, if he was an alcoholic, underpaid or overlooked, but Bischoff did. Pity made him say that.

Lou squinted at Bischoff in disbelief, "Huh? Thunder? I thought I wasnt going to be working for a few weeks."

"Who said that?" Bischoff frowned.

"Bob Ryder. The head writer," Lou informed him.

"Well you're definately on for Thunder, Lou. I'll be there."

"But boss...no offense or anything, but you're never at Thunder."

"Well I'm definately going to be there for the bookings from now on..." Bischoff reassured him.

"If you say so," Lou said skeptically.

"Can I use your bathroom?"

After attaining permission, Bischoff walked back into the bathroom and shut the door securely in order to poke around. The pale green bathroom was like something out of the 70s and just as old. The tile was cracked, as was the large mirror over the porceilin sink. Bischoff opened the medicine cabinet. Inside were several bottles of pills. Bischoff frowned, looking at each of them. He pocketed one of them, which he knew were pain killers and took another as well, just for good measure.

After walking out, Lou got up from his lounging position on his broken couch and said, "So boss, can I get you anything? Drink maybe?"

"No no, I have to go now Lou. Listen, are you feeling alright?"

Lou laughs, "I already told ya, I'm fine. Shoulder's a little sore, that's all. I'm workin' through it, just like everybody."

Bischoff nodded, "Well...alright...but I think you should see the doctor after Thunder."

Lou shrugged, "Hey fine, whatever you say boss. I'm fine though."

"Alright, take care."

"Hey boss...wait..." Lou began. He offered a handshake. Bischoff raised his brow in surprise at the large man and shook his hand. It was easy to respect the gentle giant.

After walking out of the apartment, Lou was alive. And in that, Bischoff felt better. With the help of the doctor, Bischoff knew he had the pull to get Lou into rehab if he wanted and that was probably what he needed. But if that would really help Lou, he couldnt predict. Lou deserved a chance at redemption, that was certain. Lou's dislike for Bischoff was fairly obvious so Bischoff himself couldnt help but feel guilty for somehow contributing to the young man's addictions. Did the book suddenly give him a conscience?

Edited by Nottavictim

That chapter was a bit mind-boggling to me. Yeah it seems like Eric is turning into some kind of angel to save the deaths of wrestlers from durg overdose. This is intruiging to see...I wonder if Spicolli will be saved from his overdose in this story. Thunder was ok to me, the main event was a good one that featured 2 cruisers fighting for the title. But it was not better than the last Nitro. But then again, they are different shows. So I cant wait to see the next Nitro.

Clash of the Cruisers in next Thursday Thunder eh? That I got to see.

If you can make it to the 16th, you should be fine. I remember that the reason he died because he was out celebrating his recent push (as Jericho's lackey) and it was also around his birthday. He hasn't really been used much in your diary, so he doesn't have much to celebrate. Or did you just give him something to celebarate about? Could there be a swerve coming?

"Hey boss...wait..." Lou began. He offered a handshake. Bischoff raised his brow in surprise at the large man and shook his hand. It was easy to respect the gentle giant.

I don't understand this line. Louie Spicolli wasn't very tall, he was only about 6' or so. Very interesting diary however, I enjoy your chapter stories.

Edited by Cobane

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there will be a brand new Nitro tomorrow. Sting and Luger will return, looking strong, ready to challenge the nWo. Eric Bischoff makes an appearance. Goldberg goes crazy. The unmasked Mortis is interviewed by Mean Gene. Is Scott Steiner a heel? Find out! Plus more Uncensored matches are made.

The main event: Sting & Lex Luger vs. The Outsiders

In the meantime, more CLASH news:

Thunder Presents: Clash of the Cruiserweights, LIVE from Baltimore

Super Calo vs. Damian 666

Hector Garza, La Parka & Silver King vs. Tenzan, Chrono & Yuji Nagata

Kidman vs. Dean Malenko (WCW Cruiserweight Title Match)

Mystery Challenger vs. El Dandy (Hair vs. Hair match)

Lizmark, Atlantis Jr. & Mark LeRoux vs. Ciclope, Super Loco & Nova (Lucha Rules Match)

Ultimo Dragon vs. Juvi (Ladder Match)

Psychosis vs. Rey Mysterio

Eddie Guerrero vs. The Mysterious "Black Samurai"

Edited by Nottavictim

2WRESTLING.COM RESULTS from WCW MONDAY NITRO

February 23rd, 1998

We are LIVE from the Seattle Civic Center with Tony Schiavone and Larry Zybysko. The Brain gave a few hints at the main event and hyped it up for us.

-----

Goldberg vs. Fit Finley

With pounding music that made the arena echo, Goldberg was introduced. He emerged suddenly from some smoke on the stage and ran down to the ring to attack Fit Finley. Finley slid out of the ring and put his hands on his hips, staring at Goldberg on the outside. Goldberg motioned him into the ring but strangely, Finley didn’t oblige. Someone jumped the fence and stood next to Finley. It was BRET HART!

Bret climbed on the apron and opened the ropes for Finley. Goldberg frowned darkly, but did nothing. Finley locked up with Goldberg, but was overmatched and got backed into the corner. A few wicked, knife edged chops later, Finley was in tremendous pain. Goldberg picked him up clean over his head, pressed him and tossed him down. Hart jumped up on the apron and tossed a weapon across to Finley! It was brass knucks. The referee saw it and confiscated them, halting the action for a moment. The referee stepped over to give Hart a warning.

Goldberg smirked as Hart’s plan failed miserably. Suddenly, Finley made a double-switch and pulled out his own brass knucks from his tights and blind-sided Goldberg with them. The referee turned around suddenly but Finley had disposed of the evidence, hiding the knucks back in his tights. Finley covered for the 1-2-3! Unbelievable! Hart screwed Goldberg! Steve McMichael ran down quickly but Finley vacated the ring. Bret Hart raised Finley’s arm on the outside and pointed to him. Goldberg was fuming and started destroying the outside, tossing chairs.

Result - Fit Finley by pin

Match Reaction = 71.8%

Match Quality = 73.5%

Overall Rating = 72.0%

Bagwell wedding

The Nitro logo was shown exploding in flames. The show began with an exasperated Tony Schiavone trying to get over the news of a Goldberg loss.

“I’m Buff, I’m Buff and I’m the STUFF!” came loudly over the microphone, but it wasn’t Buff Bagwell that came out of the back. It was MADUSA! She was in a wedding dress. She was grinning madly. After she reached the ring, he abused the ring announcer, pushing him. It didnt stop her from grinning afterward though.

“I want to introduce the greatest man ever to hold US Title! My neeew husband…Buff Bagwell!” Madusa shouted over the mic.

Some driving organ music came on and out came Buff Bagwell, strutting all the while. He faked a high-five to a fan and then laughed at him. He turned around, showed the camera his back and then flexed. He grinned again. He polished the US Title with his sleeve and showed it to the camera.

Overall Rating = 55.9%

Suddenly, the music of DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE erupted in the arena and DDP came running out to confront Bagwell. DDP clobbered him from behind, then the two men exchanged right hands. DDP whipped Bagwell HARD into the guard rail, laying him out. Madusa ran down in her wedding dress of all things and starting hitting DDP with one of her white high heels. DDP just turned around and looked at her strangely. He grabbed her by the hair and signalled for the Diamond Cutter! Bagwell attacked, clubbing DDP. The two wrestlers tumbled down the ramp, trading right hands. DDP blocked one, then another, then delivered a Diamond Cutter on Bagwell!!!

Security ran down quickly to break things up.

Overall Rating = 69.7%

Hugh Morris vs. Eddie Guerrero

Hugh Morris came out last and circled Eddie Guerrero in the ring. Eddie didn’t take him seriously and laughed, pointing at him. Morris grabbed his arm and hip-tossed him! Eddie jumped up and got a hard right hand for his efforts, dropping him again. Eddie slid from the ring and slapped the apron, angry as hell. Morris was fired up and exitted the ring to attack him. Eddie countered, throwing him into the steel steps. He put the boots to Morris.

Eddie rolled him back in and covers for a 1-2. Eddie got up, but had his whip reversed. The pace picked up quickly as Eddie ducked the clothesline and came back off the ropes with a flying forearm of his own. Eddie signalled for the frogsplash and hit it for the 1-2-3.

Result – Eddie Guerrero by pin

Match Reaction = 59.4%

Match Quality = 70.1%

Overall Rating = 62.6%

The RETURN

Suddenly, RANDY SAVAGE ran down carrying a chair and slid in, scaring off Eddie Guerrero. He’s back! Savage swung wildly, trying to hit Eddie, but he ran. Savage grabbed a microphone and said, “Eddie…Eddie Guerrero…you aint gonna get away with what you did cause the Maaaacho Man has YOU alone…in this ring at UNCENSORED baby. And guess what…it’s gonna be the Maaaacho Maaaan and Eddie Guerrero surrounded by a Sssssssssteel Cage and it aint gonna be pretty. Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeah!”

Eddie Guerrero shook his head and was shocked, backing off quickly. The show went to commercial.

“The Militant” Ray Traylor & Rick Steiner vs. “The Posse” Brian Adams & Konnan

VIVA LA RASA! The dew-rag clan came out to face down two of the cleanest faces in WCW. Steiner went down to all-fours and barked at Brian Adams. Adams charged but Traylor came out of nowhere and clotheslined him down hard. The referee pushed Traylor out, but Steiner had already gained an advantage. Rick pounded the back of Adams until he was on the mat, then gave Adams a stiff kick in the tailbone for good measure. Rick pulled Adams up to his feet and tagged in Traylor. Traylor and Adams traded punches. Adams reversed a whip and threw Traylor into the turnbuckle so hard that the big man collapsed.

Adams picked up Traylor from the mat and tried to suplex him, but Traylor blocked. He tried again. He tried a THIRD time and finally got him up, but it looked partially botched. Adams dropped Traylor in a frontside brainbuster, totally destroying him. Traylor looked like he was out cold. Adams was so tired that he had to take a minute to shake it off before tagging in Konnan. Konnan selfishly covered for a 1-2, then cursed the audience when Traylor kicked out with authority. Konnan locked in a headlock, but Traylor worked out, ever so slowly and jolted Konnan with a stiff elbow. Hot tag to Rick Steiner! Rick downed Konnan with a clothesline, then clobbered Adams with another. Steiner used his spider-sense to anticipate the dastardly Konnan’s sneak attack and hit a huge t-bone suplex, crushing Konnan just like Adams did to Traylor. Steiner covered for the 1-2-3!

Result – Rick Steiner and “The Militant” Ray Traylor by pin

Match Reaction = 70.2%

Match Quality = 69.4%

Overall Rating = 75.0%

Sit down interview w/ Mortis

The man formerly masked as Mortis was sitting across from Gene Okerlund as this pre-recorded interview played. Mortis had blackened eyes and looked like the second coming of Alice Cooper.

“Mortis…last week you were unmasked on live television and apparently the man who did the unmasking, Fit Finley, seems to be moving on to greater things! But what’s next for you?”

“Lemme tell you something, Gene. There’s a little bit of Mortis inside me, but I’m not that guy. I’m not a sadistic bastard that is out to hurt people. I’m defined by a mask and I’m not defined by a manager who speaks for me. I speak for me now. Next week live on Nitro, I’m challenging Fit Finley to a match. A wrestling match. Then we’ll see who’s better.”

“I’m curious if you’re as confident as you sound! Fit Finley’s an up and comer, he’s got friends like Bret Hart. You’re a virtual unknown!”

“Gene, you’re not listening,” Mortis said, getting up out of his chair, “Next week I’ll be showing people confidence in the ring. No more, no less.” Mortis knocked over a few chairs in anger as he exited the interview area.

“Well that’s it! Next week’s match is sure to be an outright brawl! Tony, back to you.”

Overall Rating = 65.8%

Luger & Sting challenge

The lights dimmed in the arena and STING’s music hit in the arena! YEAH! The program finally was about to pick up. Some people stood up to see the World Champion, who came out with LEX LUGER from the stage, walking stoically toward the ring. Both men looked stern and focused. They even had to pause a moment while the applause died down.

Luger spoke of course and said, “I’m not out here to do a stupid survey, to waste a lot of time or to speak out of my ass. I’m out here to make it short and sweet. I’m out here to tell those guys in the back that their days are numbered. They’re not gonna bully loyal WCW guys like us around and I think they know that. That’s why I’ve not heard one peep outta them, man. So if these guys, Hall and Nash---if you guys think you’re STILL all that, put up the titles tonight. Sting and Lex Luger want to be the NEW WCW Tag-Team Champs!”

Suddenly, any pop was interrupted by the New World Order music. Hall and Nash came out, of course, wearing their tag-team gold. They were both wearing sunglasses, re-emphasizing that they were indeed cool.

Nash pointed toward the ring and smirked, “Listen Mister Muscles, you better start thinking with your noodle instead of your ‘package’. Haha! Not there’s much of a package to think with. Anyway….anyway….! Listen, you guys are building yourselves up for quite a disappointment here because there’s no way you’re walking out of here, tag-team champs or otherwise. Okay, you wanna prove you’re a man? You guys got a title shot!”

Hall took the mic and smiled, “Hey yo, stop smilin’ muchacho. You got your title shot, but if you lose…we want you two goons to come on out here next week and apologize. I want Captain Halloween over there to open up his mouth and apologize for insultin’ us, man.”

Luger lurched toward the ropes and glared across at Hall, “Hey big mouth, whatever you want. You’re on!”

Hall smirked, “Yo muscles, get ready to pucker up and bow down, man. You don’t even know what you’re getting’ into.”

Overall Rating = 77.2%

The Faces of Fear & Steve Williams vs. The Hangman & ADB & Scott Montgomery

It was six-man competition. Steve Williams stood in the corner next to Meng and tried to look grizzily. He succeeded. When The Hangman led his troops to the ring, things broke down in a hurry. Jimmy Hart directed traffic. The referee broke them up for a moment and the bell rang, but it broke down again soon after. The Hangman and Williams traded punches. Meng and ADB went toe to toe, and Montgomery took on the Barbarian. Montgomery was the first one out, tossed over the ropes by the large Barbarian. Instead of helping his partners, Barbarian slid to the outside to continue the fight. Montgomery summoned the cowardlyness of Chris Jericho and tried to skitter away quickly.

Back in the ring, the referee was trying to get between The Hangman and Williams, who were struggling. Meng looked on the Tongan Deathgrip on ADB, but Jimmy Hart handed the bullhorn to his man. ADB cracked it over the head of Meng! Meng toppled out of the ring. Backed between Williams and the Hangman, the referee was clobbered with a stiff right hand by Williams, on accident. The Hangman hit a DDT on Williams and ADB joined in to attack Williams 2 on 1. The Hangman took the bullhorn and hit Williams with it, then hit the Barbarian with it as he tried to enter the ring. He hit Williams again.

The Hangman then stood up and pulled off his mask! It was BRIAN KNOBBS! Knobbs was laughing! He threw the black mask on Williams and kicked him in the ribs. Jimmy Hart shook hands with Knobbs and laughed along with him. ADB hauled up Williams for one last shot by Knobbs. Trash was being thrown in the ring. They went to commercial.

Result - No Contest

Match Reaction = 50.3%

Match Quality = 70.7%

Overall Rating = 59.2%

Bret Hart assaulted

Backstage, Bret Hart was adjusting his attire while looking into a full-length mirror. Suddenly, ERIC BISCHOFF lurched into the picture, tapping Hart abruptly on the shoulder. Hart turned around and smirked at him.

Bischoff frowned, “Bret! Where’s Flair? I want to talk to him. He’s supposed to be here. Who the hell does this guy think he is anyway?”

Hart poked Bischoff in the chest with his finger, “Back off Bischoff. He’s been through a lot lately, getting injured and getting his pride hurt---“

Bischoff raised his voice, “I don’t care if he’s got a stubbed toe or a broken arm! He’s supposed to be a model leader? A team player? My guys…the New World Order…we’re leading this locker room now. You tell Flair to watch out and stay out of our way.”

Hart crossed his arms, “Whatever. Get lost.”

Bischoff just shook his head and walked off angrily. Bret Hart turned around and suddenly was face to face with GOLDBERG, who attacked immediately. Both men through punches, destroying each other with physical blows. Goldberg used a raised knee to double-over Hart. Goldberg then did the unthinkable and threw Hart right into and nearly through the mirror, breaking it into a million pieces. Officials flooded in and chaos ensued in the locker room. Bret Hart laid motionless.

Overall Rating = 81.0%

Raven vs. Booker T for the WCW TV Title

Raven came out with his thugs, THE FLOCK and stood alongside TYRONE who apparently was “too street” to wear anything but black. Raven snatched the mic out of the ring announcer’s hand and said, “This is your redemption day Booker T because if one of the FLOCK beats you for your TV Title, it will be all over. All the lies, all the masquerade, it will be OVER! Tonight, the Flock member who will teach you Truth will be….ME….QUOTH THE RAVEN….NEVERMORE!” he shouted.

Booker T ran down, his music barely having time to erupt a response from the crowd. Booker T whapped Kidman over the ropes, kicked Sick Boy in the jaw and delivered a straight right hand to Tyrone in quick succession, sending all men out. Van Hammer stepped up and delivered a hard right hand, but apparently it wasn’t hard enough because Booker T blocked it and tossed him the hell OUT! YEAH! Raven stood there stoically and smirked. Booker T turned around and noticed this and smirked too. He signalled for the crowd to ‘raise the roof’ and finally removed his TV Title, giving it over to the referee. The two men went nose to nose and the camera zoomed in to catch the drama. You could feel the tension in the air now that wasn’t crowded by talking and bullcrap.

Tyrone shouted something on the outside so loud that it could almost be heard on camera. Raven was the one to step back and turn, but then lurched forward again and delivered a right hand. Booker T delivered his own and then used a raised knee to double-over Raven. He bounced off the ropes and looked to end it early, but Raven moved out of the way of the axe kick. Raven football tackled Booker T in what looked like a move out of frustration and started pounding on him with right hands. Raven removed his ‘cool’ jean jacket and whipped Booker T with it. Ow. The referee confiscated it and gave Raven a warning. Raven choked Booker T and earned another one. Raven dominated the first few minutes and things looked grim for Booker.

Raven summoned the spirit of Triple H and used a running knee lift to down Booker T in a heap, halting any chance of the champ to get up and gain momentum. Booker T finally had his shot when Raven tried to whip Booker into the turnbuckle. Booker reversed it and splashed Raven, Stinger-style. Booker grabbed Raven and snap suplexed him, then drove the fist down into the forehead. Cover for the 1-2. Raven kicked out. Raven locked in a headlock on the mat, then rolled up Booker for the 1-2. Sick Boy was holding Booker’s ankle! But he still kicked out, so it was all good. Booker T turned around, right into a jawbreaker. Booker T was wobbily. Raven hit the EvenFlow DDT for the 1-2-3. Oh Boo. Sick Boy and the Flock celebrated. What a buncha cheaters.

Result – Raven by pin – NEW TV Title Champion

Match Reaction = 51.7%

Match Quality = 75.8%

Overall Rating = 61.0%

Entering the Rings of Saturn

Raven knelt down and delivered some more right hands to the dazed Booker T. Tyrone brought in a chair. Raven and Van Hammer held up Booker and Tyrone reared back, delivering a WICKED chairshot. Booker T went down and was busted open. Ouch. Booker T was hurt bad. Raven wasn’t done. He hauled him up and called for a second chairshot. Suddenly, PERRY SATURN ran out of the back and was carrying a SINGAPORE CANE! He had a t-shirt on that said ECW – HARD KNOCKS FOREVER.

Saturn destroyed the Flock, clobbering Tyrone, Sick Boy, Kidman and all the others in quick sucession. He swung his cane around him and shouted at Raven, who had escaped the cane by slipping to the outside. Saturn pointed the cane at Raven! He wanted Raven! Booker T blinked his eyes open. Saturn went over to help him while the Flock looked on.

Hogan and Bischoff deny tag-shot

The NEW WORLD ORDER music hit in the arena and out came Hollywood Hogan, along with sidekick Eric Bischoff.

Once they reached the ring, Bischoff took the mic and said, “Oh, so we’re getting a little uppity around here now that we’ve got a couple of big men like Luger and Sting forming a team? Well lemme tell all you fans something, there’s no bigger team than the New World Order. No way. And let me tell you something else, you looooove to hate us. You love us! You love me! If Sting and Lex Luger beat us and became champs, you’d HATE it. So we’re not going to have a title shot tonight. It will be a NON-title shot. It’s for your own good people!”

Hogan took the mic and laughed, “Sting and Luger, you two guys are in way over your heads here, brother. I’m the biggest icon in wrestling, dude, and I’m here to back up my boys. I don’t see anybody walking out with you, backin you up, brother. My man Big E over here is right, there’s no way in hell anyone here wants to see the dark man and the package as tag-team champs. What they want to see is what we give em’, brother! So whatcha gonna do about that, huh?”

While Hogan was laughing, some music came on in the arena and JJ DILLON came out on stage.

“Eric Bischoff, you may be head of the New World Order and well…that’s a large group of wrestlers here in WCW, but the executive committee still has power over the tag-team titles. You cant decide when and where the titles are up and when they arent. We do. So tonight, when Sting and Lex Luger take on the Outsiders tonight, it WILL be a tag-team title match and that’s final!”

Overall Rating = 95.9%

Scott Steiner vs. Marty Jannetty

Scott Steiner came out, hair trimmed short and was all business. He slapped a sign from a fan’s hands and tore it in half. Another fan shouted that Scott ‘sucked’, apparently having not a very high opinion of him. Perhaps he anticipated how this match would turn out.

Marty Jennetty might as well be skipping to the ring like a loon because he’s still wearing all the colors of the rainbow, summoning his former Rocker’s character. Marty jumped on the turnbuckle and raised his fist, to no reaction. Scott came over and clobbered him in the back with a meaty arm, then backdropped him hard. I think Marty slipped. Scott walked over and stood on Marty’s chest! Ouch! Get off! Scott flexed for the crowd and as Marty got up, Scott went over to deliver more offense but got a surprise right hand instead. Marty summoned his inner-Rocker’s energy or something and delivered a standing dropkick, sending the huge Steiner backwards into the ropes. Only problem is, Scott didn’t go down. He just grabbed Marty and destroyed him with a belly to belly suplex. He then did pushups!

Scott covered with one finger! 1-2. Unbelievable. What a horrible guy. Marty struggled to his feet again and had to use the ropes, but Scott came up expectantly and delivered a german suplex. He should start calling himself the human suplex machine. Scott picked him up and did it again. The referee shouted at him. Scott covered for the 1-2-3.

Result – Scott Steiner by pin

Match Reaction = 52.2%

Match Quality = 57.7%

Overall Rating = 59.1%

A Rude Offer

After the match, Scott Steiner demanded that his new music be played, but instead the music of Rick Rude came on in the arena! He walked out, dressed to the nines in a suit, with three blondes and summoned the spirit of Buff Bagwell when he smiled at the camera.

Rick took a mic and said, “Scott, when you’re out here, people pay attention but I don’t think they respect you,” he began. Steiner grew angry.

“Whoa whoa! Big guy, listen…what I mean is, they don’t realize what a great man you are! Just look at you! Talk about the largest arms in wrestling, we’ve got em’ right here folks. There’s no comparison. But let me tell you something else. You can come out here and beat all the guys you want, but you wont be anywhere closer to dominating this sport unless you do it right. And that’s where I come in! Now I’m offering my services and Scott, let me tell you, there’s many special…perks…when you come on board with Rick Rude!”

Rude chuckled as the ladies went over to Scott’s side to paw at him. Suddenly, the blue blooded music of the Steiner Brothers came on over the arena and out came Rick Steiner along with SUNNY! Holy ****! Sunny was LIVE on Nitro! The crowd stood up and popped, as if finally pleased to see something surprising.

Sunny smiled and winked at a shocked Rick Rude, who just stood there with his mouth open. Sunny patted Rick Steiner on the arm and took a mic of her own, saying, “Rick Rude, you might have a lot of perks to offer but I’ve got an even bigger….better…SET…” she chuckled, “Of perks to offer,” she concluded suggestively.

“Scott! I don’t want you to say anything. Hell, you can walk on out of here right now if you want, but listen, this is your brother. And your brother has backed you up for years. All I gotta say is that my favorite tag-team is the Steiner Brothers. If you come back, you not only get the…beeeeautiful Sunny as your manager but I guarantee a shot at the tag-team titles…no…matter…what! So you sleep on that….honey!”

Sunny smirked at Rick and winked at him again before Rick Steiner led her from the ring. They walked back up the ramp. Rick Rude looked back at Scott, still in shock. Scott put his hands on his hips and looked undecided. Scott left the ring and shook his head, walking off by himself.

Overall Rating = 74.2%

Kevin Nash & Hall vs. Sting & Lex Luger for the WCW Tag-Team Titles

Nitro was running long! Oh NO! They’ll just have to make Hall & Nash walk a little friggin faster to the ring because a THREE MINUTE introduction wont cut it here. And that they did, surprisingly enough. Nash leaned against the ropes nonchalantly and the two tried to look ‘too cool’ for this match or for WCW. Sting actually had the longest entrance, because tonight he turned up his black collar, put on his best leather gloves and strutted to the ring like he was the Crow, baby.

Luger wanted to start the match but Sting wouldn’t leave to the outside! Sting stood there! Luger finally just went to the outside of the ropes. Nash frowned, wondering what he was up to. Sting stood there, in his trenchcoat, black gloves, boots and tights, doing nothing at all. The crowd murmured. Nash approached cautiously and threw a punch at the gut! He went down in pain! WHAT!

Sting threw off his coat, revealing his flak jacket underneath, which he deposited over the ropes. Nash reached for a tag….but OH NO you don’t…Sting pulled him back by the ankles and growled. He slapped on a leglock, then got up and stomped the fingers of Nash. Ow, painful. Sting locked his fingers with Nash’s and twisted, torturing the man. Nash headbutted him bluntly. Nash grabbed the hair and did what he had to in order to get to his corner. Blind tag from Hall. Nash was still holding Sting’s hand as Hall entered, allowing for the blind kick. Sting went down. Cover for the 1-2. Aggressive kick out. Sting got up and HULKED UP! He was shaking. The building came alive. Sting reversed a whip off the ropes and clotheslined Hall down to the mat. HARD tag to Lex Luger. Luger picked up Hall, but Nash entered and cheapshotted him right in the stomach. Hall landed on Luger. The referee couldn’t seem to contain Nash.

Hall scoop slammed Luger, then dropped the elbow, once, twice, three times. He strutted then did a Stinger Call! What a jerk. He went back to stomping Luger in the corner, then tried to suplex him but couldn’t. Luger picked him up clean this tim and pressed him, dropping him hard. Nash entered illegally again, but it was too late. TAG to STING! Hall bailed and shook his head, wanting no part of that. Sting attacked and the two traded right hands. DDT to Sting. Cover for the 1-2. Nash had enough. DDT to the referee. DDT to Sting again. The referee was pulled from the ring by Hall and thrown over the guardrail. Hall handed a chair to Nash and he clobbered Luger as he tried to make the save. CHAIRSHOT to Sting. Right over the head.

Result - Sting & Lex Luger by DQ

Match Reaction = 72.2%

Match Quality = 63.2%

Overall Rating = 70.7%

The new member of the team is...

Suddenly, there was a sparkle of lights in the arena and in a flurry, RIC FLAIR came running out from the back with the most serious expression he has ever had in his life. Running to ringside, he kicked Hall right in the ribs and then threw him over the steps. Flair then slid into the ring to attack Nash and delivered a hard right hand. Nash dropped the chair, but recovered quickly. Nash whipped Flair off the ropes and stood ready to deliver the big boot, but the busted and bleeding Sting grabbed his ankles.

Flair bowled over Nash, clothesling him clean to the outside. The crowd went absolutely bananas. Flair went crazy, whipped the ropes with his fists and looked fired up, like he wanted more! The crowd went absolutely crazy, obviously pro-Flair.

He grabbed a microphone and said, “Lemme tell you something---Kevin Nash…Scott Hall…this right here is MY ring…these are MY friends…and I don’t care if you think you’re the baddest and the best. You’re not!! There’s nobody, no outsiders, no hot shots, no smart asses, no big men, no small men---there’s nobody in the world gonna come in here and take over when I’m around. And there’s absolutely nobody more WCW than the Nat….ure Boy…Ric Flair and I’m here to tell you just that one thing. Your day is comin’ and I’m gonna be personally on hand to see you both get tossed out on your ass! I hate you! I hate your guts! I hate you! You hear me? I hate you! I hate every one of you! I’m WCW! I’m the next member of Team WCW and there’s nobody in the WORLD gonna stop us! WWWWWOOOOOO!”

Overall Rating = 95.6%

The TV viewing figures for last night are now in: WCW recieved 965,055 viewers for WCW Monday Nitro (increase of 57,607 viewers from previous show)

Top Pops:

1. Ric Flair's save (successful!)

2. Sunny! (Only second out of crowd shock)

3. Randy Savage's return

Top Heat:

1. The Outsider's coming out

2. Eric Bischoff's mere appearance

3. Raven and Tyrone's beatdown on Booker T

Edited by Nottavictim

Nitro was an awesome show man. I like the way you gave Sunny her debut in WCW as a Manager of Rick to convince Scott to reunite the Steiner Brothers.

Aw, poor Marty, he is getting his ass kicked a lot. Its like his whole singles tenure in the WWF all over again.

Ric Flair as the new member of Team WCW, I saw that coming but it was a good way to make it into a segment nonetheless.

The Bret- Goldberg altercation was also a bit entertaining. It was nice to see Bret screw Goldberg out of that match. But he payed the price soon enough as he got beaten up by Goldberg.

Chapter Eight: The Origin of Doug Dillinger

There were definately other, numerous...plentiful...horribly bad things catalogued in that bright yellow book. It's a wonder the author fit them all in in a reasonable amount of pages. But after visiting Louie Spicolli and seeing him perfectly well, Bischoff's conscience was pushed aside for the moment in favor of a bit of mystery hunting. There was nothing like a good mystery and Bischoff wasnt going to let this one pass unanswered.

It was early morning when Eric Bischoff went straight to the heart of the mystery and he could only think of one man, one Mouth big enough to give him answers. That man's name was Doug Dillinger, the WCW head of security, former bartender, former heavy metal drummer, former everything, in fact. There was no one as diverse as Doug and he was worth every penny. The thought of a slip-up in security was nearly unfathomable, but as Bischoff had already concluded, since the book was left for him backstage, there WAS a slip-up and it WAS fathomable.

Doug was a stout man, but still retained that grizzled biker appearance that made you want to go up to him and either inquire about borrowing a "hog" or stare at his goatee. He was also a talker, a social man, despite his imposing eyes and tough physical condition---a fault perhaps to Bischoff, but a fact nonetheless. Dillinger was also a former wrestler himself, for only a brief period in the indies, where he was known as his real name, Doug Young. It was only through attending to his new job that his mind was not only able to wrap itself around a new persona, but a new name to go along with it. After all, Dillinger sounded bad ass.

Bischoff was not looking forward to confronting the man, but there was no way around it. Doug was already prepped the CLASH backstage staff when Bischoff arrived. It was Doug's job to not only keep an eye on the backstage area, but to coordinate with building security to keep fans safe on the floor too.

"Doug, I have to talk to you," Bischoff said, walking up to the man.

"What about?" Dillinger questioned. His eyes turned to look at his boss and Bischoff wasnt quite sure if it was contempt he was reading or a tired expectancy for the day to come.

"Doug, there was something left for me backstage before SuperBrawl. It was a book. A yellow one. And I'd like to know how it got backstage. I think this is something we should talk about---"

"Alright, let's talk about it. Somebody left you something backstage. A book."

"Right. Backstage," Bischoff answered, "They knew right where I was going to be and where to put it where I'd see it."

"Maybe it was one of your staff."

"I asked the staff."

"One of the wrestlers then," Doug answered.

"Could be, but I dont think so. You got a list of check-ins?" Bischoff questioned.

"Come on."

Doug didnt look too happy that Bischoff was questioning his records, but like any man of experience, it wasnt like he was surprised. Or unprepared for that manner. Out back, security had a long trailer all to their own, where there was equipment, storage, badges, equipment, you name it, it was there. Doug kept the "check-ins" listed on sign in sheets. Check ins were people who were given backstage passes. There were several dozen people per show that were awarded these passes, even more for a pay per view. From family and friends, to other people like the press or even Nash's female groupies he toted along from time to time.

Bischoff snatched the sheet of check-ins for the day in question and gazed at it. Rubbing his forehead, he read the dozen or so names with a grumble, recognizing none of them.

"They all check out," Doug said reassuredly.

"God dammit...how am I supposed to know who these people are? Wait..." Bischoff began and then pointed to a name on the sheet, "Why did Nick Patrick sign in? He's on staff."

"Said he lost his badge. I issued him a new one. That's about it."

"What? Are you sure? How'd he lose it?" Bischoff asked quickly.

"Ahh---let's see...he said he lost it, I guess. Was a while ago."

Bischoff handed back the sheet and stormed out of the trailer, quickly motioning to Dillinger.

"Let's go!"

"What? Where?" Doug asked.

"I want to ask Nick a few questions. You make sure nobody bothers us."

"Yes sir...alright..."

With intimidating speed, Doug was able to round up Nick Patrick quietly and deposit him into a room where Bischoff could talk to him privately. Patrick looked a little shaken already, even though no questions had been asked. His face was pale and to Bischoff, it looked like the man's health was on a decline. He had gained weight and his face showed wear of years that Bischoff hadnt noticed before.

"Nick...you look different," Bischoff said, standing there staring at him.

"Really?" Patrick answered. It was all he could say, sweating there in the metal folding chair.

Bischoff paced around and then suddenly put his hands down on Nick's shoulder, "Who are you? You're not Nick Patrick!"

Scrambling from Bischoff's stern grasp, Nick jumped from the chair and glared at him, "What? Are you crazy? Yes, I am."

"Nick, how'd it gonna look on your record when you get busted for stealing?"

"Stealing?? What?"

"That's what's going to come out if you dont tell me what you did with your security pass. Your old one, the one you 'conveniently' lost. You gave it to someone didnt you? Sold it maybe? To someone in the WWF?"

"No, I didnt! I lost it!"

"Then explain yourself! You've never lost anything since you've been here. Hell, I hardly hear a peep outta you!" Bischoff shouted.

Nick shrank a little under the pressure and replied, "I didnt want to do this, you know."

"Didnt want to do what?"

"To do all this! I told you guys it wasnt going to work but did you believe me? Ohhhh nooooo, I'm just a referee! I'm just the guy in the background, doin all the dirtywork...look at me I'm----"

"Shaddup!" Bischoff let out, "You're working for Vince McMahon, arent you?"

"Yes! I mean...sorta..." Nick admitted and then sighed.

"What? Sorta? Vince put you up to this?"

"No...YOU did!"

"What? No I didnt. I didnt tell you to write a book and leave it for me, I'm not crazy! I didnt tell you to sneak around backstage where you dont belong!"

"Well...actually, you did..." Patrick answered quietly, "And I didnt write it, I swear!"

"No, I guess you couldnt, right?"

"You wrote it, you planned the whole thing---told me what to do and everything!" Patrick answered.

"I dont remember all that!"

"That's because there's more to it than that---" Patrick began.

Suddenly, Doug burst into the room and with an exasperated tone said, "Mister Bischoff! We've got a problem. Bret Hart is going nuts! He locked himself in one of the dressing rooms and wont come out!"

"What?"

"He found a book or something. He says it's yours!"

"God dammit!"

Eric Bischoff ran off with Doug, toward the backstage area to deal with the problem. Patrick slipped out of the room and quickly made his way up the hall, disappearing outside. He began running.

----

To be continued...

Just a guess -

Bischoff finally got fed up with the way that he was being used, and the way that Vince was treating the wrestling world. He started to miss the WCW, and wanted to be the boss again. So he decided to write a book for himself about the past of the WCW, as well as the problems of the nWo angle that eventually destroyed the company.

Then he decided that since his former self would probably have a heart attack upon seeing a younger version of himself, he sent Nick Patrick, but had Patrick go on leave. As Patrick was a WCW employee at the time, he'd be a credible person backstage. Patrick intercepted his former self, told him to stay out of the way, and then worked his own former job. He left the book backstage for Bischoff, and there you go.

You have to love time travel.

Of course, even if this could really happen, we'll never notice it either way because it's not part of our timeline. Pretty much, this could have already happened, but since it's being written as a what-if diary, we know it hasn't happened in our timeline.

Good work so far. Apologies for the techno-babble.

• 1 year later...