Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, that sucks.

Why bother making a team of Euro/World All-stars if you're not even allowed to pick them? I suppose I could edit my own over PES United or whatever but I don't have the time nor patience.

I also didn't realise the teams changed until I played them and they had the mix of modern day (Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Buffon) and Legends (Van Basten, Gullit, Pele).

Oh and I haven't tried yet, can/how do you do the skills? I skimmed the booklet, mentioned something about R2 but I think that's something else.

Certain players (the only ones I've found so far are Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, C.Ronaldo and, randomly, James Milner, anyone else will just do stepovers I belive), can do the Elastico with R2x3.

Something happened that made me realise I love this game even more than I can comprehend.

Playing as generic Fulham in the master league, the ball came into one of thier players, and as he laid it off, I slammed into the back of him. The ref waved play on, and the match went on for a good minute before it went off the pitch. Cut scene, and the ref went back and booked the player for the initial challenge. Seriously, I was so surprised, and a little turned on.

Something happened that made me realise I love this game even more than I can comprehend.

Playing as generic Fulham in the master league, the ball came into one of thier players, and as he laid it off, I slammed into the back of him. The ref waved play on, and the match went on for a good minute before it went off the pitch. Cut scene, and the ref went back and booked the player for the initial challenge. Seriously, I was so surprised, and a little turned on.

And although it's been in previous games, I finally had my keeper come up for a corner. I've NEVER had it in any game before from what I can remember. I was just there at the end and I noticed him up, I loved it. Does he do it everytime you're losing near the end? Or is it like something that happens here and there?

Oh and Master League is bloody hard but awesome. Finished second in my first season, and into the cup final too. As Man United as well, hoping to get Robinho and Messi at the start of Season II :)

That happened to me once and I didn't realise it was for an earlier challenge and I thought 'The fuck?! The ref is booking me for taking a bad shot?! Oh now I know this game is trying to screw me'.

The first time that happened to me, my player got his second booking and was sent off! I hadn't a clue what was going on!

A nice touch I noticed was early in a game, I went into the back of someone with a clumsy challenge. About 20-25 game minutes later, the injury cut-scene came on, and showed that player limping, then showed a replay of that clumsy challenge from ages ago. Great touch.

And although it's been in previous games, I finally had my keeper come up for a corner. I've NEVER had it in any game before from what I can remember. I was just there at the end and I noticed him up, I loved it. Does he do it everytime you're losing near the end? Or is it like something that happens here and there?

Oh and Master League is bloody hard but awesome. Finished second in my first season, and into the cup final too. As Man United as well, hoping to get Robinho and Messi at the start of Season II :)

If you just tap the through ball button for a lob, it shouldn't go too hard. You also need a very quick forward in a good position otherwise it's impossible.

I've scored some good goals like that, with it bouncing once then hitting it on the volley from around 20-25 yards.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to loan-list players in the Master League? I'm sure I've checked, and I'm sure I didn't see an option to loan-list them, but I wanna make sure because I have a bunch of 17-year olds who won't make the starting line-up, but I want them to play some games and get some experience.