Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE THIS GAME. I made a super team, for the Master league with some quality players from the English League. Called them the English League 11. In my first game, ten minutes in Lamps struck a shot from 20 yards and it flew in, now i don't score goals like this often, but i just let it pass, because i was close to the edge of the area. However later in the half i scored a screamer with Steven Gerrard from 35 yrds into the top corner. I still find it hard to score close but this game is top quality.

Hopefully a patch will be released like last time. So all the teams are fully detailed.

There's already an option file on pesfan.com. You need an X-Port or a Max-Drive, but it's good. All the kits for all the teams are done. There's a couple of errors, but they're not massive.

The PC version is immense. Online is still a bit iffy at times, but with the PESFan option file and no doubt patches that will follow, this is undoubtedly the best PES yet. :D

I may join you on it until I get an online adaptor for PS2. <_<

Got my ps2 online now, and of course it was pro evo i chose to go on first and i must say its immense.

Only played a few games cus i cant seem to get pc internet and ps2 internet working at once, which is the only downside.

Its infinitely better playing against a human than it is the computer. I dont think il ever play offline single player again (Y)

Its probably taken longer for me to get used to this one than any other, but its really together for me now. Defending is an art form, its easy to avoid giving away free kicks if you do it right and passing is superb. Headers are scorable again, free kicks too and cross field balls can be devastating. It just feels a million times more real too, you can play to teams strengths properly. For my Premier League as Newcastle I vary between slick passing between the fully fit ace midfield to hammering the wings with Dyer and N'Zogbia to whip in crosses for Shearer and Shola. Its immense.

I'm still 50/50 on this, I love some of the realism, but I can find goals hard to comeby (then I win a match 5-0....). Nearly all my goals come from crosses, because I can't finish for toffee.

The last game I had I was one-on-one theee times, and fucked them all up. I used to try and round the goalie, but they move faster than the flash on this version, and whenever I try and place a shot across goal, it always goes wide, or at the keeper....

I'm also being a pussy and 'settling' in on two star difficulty. A friend used to play Pro Evo4 on 6 star, and he has to play on 2 star on this version..... I'm gonna play a few more matches, before moving up to three star (which was my general setting on pro evo 4).

I'm starting to get used to it now. Like every other pro evo I'm finding it slower than the last one. Most of my goals are coming from crosses as well but that always happens. You get used to it after a while and start scoring some wonder goals.

Anyone been playing as Real Madrid? I was playing on Live last night with them and I scored some wonder free kicks with Roberto Carlos. The best being about a 35-40 yard screamer curling right outside the goal, back in, hitting the crossbar and then bouncing just behind the line.

Edited by LBTN™ Version2

Still on my pussy two stars for tournaments, with the occasional 3 star match. Played as the Czech's a lot. Gotta love 'em. Marek Jankulovski = *****

Has anyone got a list of the players you can buy from the PES shop and who they are meant to be? I brought a South African defender who I think is Radebe but I can't work anyone else out

If there isn't one on the Gamefaqs website, try PESfan.com, sign up and go to the forums and I *think* there's a list there.

EDIT: Classic Teams - Real Player Names

You have to sign up/be logged in on PESfan.com to get to that list. I'll type out a list of all the players in the Classic teams, and later (if I remember) I'll do the other PES shop players for the people who don't wanna sign up.

Classic Argentina

Pumpido

Oscar Ruggeri

Luiz Brown

Cuciuffo

Batista

Giusti

Olarticoechea

Burruchaga

Enrique

Maradona

Valdano

Fillol

Passarella

Luiz Galvan

Tarantini

Olguin

Gallego

Redondo

Ardiles

Bertoni

Ortiz

Luqué

Kempes

Classic Brazil

Félix

Piazza

Brito

Carlos Alberto

Everaldo

Clodoaldo

Gerson

Rivelino

Pele

Jairzinho

Tostao

Taffarel

Luiz Pereira

Junior

Dunga

Cerezo

Falção

Socrates

Zico

Rao

Bebeto

Muller

Careca

Classic England

Banks

Jackie Charlton

Moore

Cohen

Wilson

Stiles

Ball

Peters

Bobby Charlton

Hunt

Hurst

Shilton

Sansom

Adams

Barnes

Wright

Hoddles

Gascoigne

Platt

Robson

Greaves

Linekar

Keegan

Classic France

Etori

Janvion

Tresor

Bossis

Amoros

Genghini

Tigana

Giresse

Platini

Rocheteau

Six

Bats

Battiston

Lopez

Blanc

Fernandez

Tusseau

Ginola

Ferreri

Bellone

Papin

Cantona

Stopyra

Classic Germany

Maier

Vogts

Schwarzenbeck

Beckenbauer

Bonhof

Höness

Breitner

Overath

Grawoski

Hölzenbein

Muller

Illgner

Kohler

Sammer

Buchwald

Brehme

Schuster

Matthäus

Netzer

Rummenigge

Littbarski

Völler

Klinsmann

Classic Italy

Zoff

Gentile

Bergomi

Scirea

Collovati

Oriali

Tardelli

Cabrini

Conti

Rossi

F. Graziani

Zenga

Baresi

Facchetti

Rivera

Antonioni

Mancini

Roberto Baggio

Donadoni

Schillaci

Mazzola

Riva

Vialli

Classic Netherlands

Jongbloed

Rijsbergen

Haan

Suurbier

Krol

Van Hanegem

Jansen

Neeskens

Rep

Cruyff

Rensenbrink

Van Breuklen

Ronald Koeman

Van Tiggelen

Rijkaard

Van Aerle

Wouters

Erwin Koeman

Vanenburg

Muhren

Gullit

Kaizer

Van Basten

Edited by Evil Goat

Yay, finally just rented it out. Only played two games so far. At first the camera angle's seemed pretty weird, I swear on the last would you could have it at a further distance. First game I destroyed Liverpool 3-0 with Juventus. The play is much faster, haven't checked yet, can you change the speed? It's not bad or anything as I'm used to it already, just wondering. I've seen a few people saying the referee is bad, honestly weird because I haven't had any real problems yet. He gives fouls here and there, but nothing too shocking, works fine for me so far.

Changed Baros and put him onto Villa already. Second game, Italy taking on England. So much better than the first, so much harder. 0-0 into Extra time, then wham, Lampard scores. I try to fight back, wham, Gerrard scores a beauty of a half volley from a corner, 2-0 and I'm nearly down and out. Then WHAM again, De Rossi with a lovely outside of the boot style finish, 2-1 and I'm straight back into it. Ended up at that score, partly happy as well because it was a hard fought loss which is much better than some skanky loss. Had a chance with Camoranesi in which Robinson came out and I struck it wide, but it was so awesome to miss because it looked and felt kinda like a real life situation. Near the end, desperate to score with barely any time left, so I struck one with De Rossi from about 30 yards out, Robinson tipped it over the bar.

Still a lot to see and learn for sure, but pretty awesome so far. Look forward to getting into it properly tonight and having a run with the likes of Barcelona and Man United. Oh and I haven't tried yet, can/how do you do the skills? I skimmed the booklet, mentioned something about R2 but I think that's something else. So far, loving it.