Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro is by far the greatest football game ever shown to this earth it seems. I don't believe it can get much better but I bet you it does. This game wont fail at all I personally feel. I don't really care if a few kits look crappy, the gameplay is fucking amazing and that's the main thing I ask for.

I'd love them to add some awesome offside trap thing, where sometimes the game gets it totally wrong and plays people onside even when they're clearly offside, that'd be a tonne realistic. Am also hoping for just a few extra skills and whatever else they can pull off :)

So I did a little "FA cup" on PES4.

Anyway, playing Newcastle in the quater final, gave away a penalty which injures shearer. Robert steps up and Robinson saves, so the fans start chanting "You're not singing anymore".

Made me smile.

bah updates like that make me want to find the best way to update it on my PS2....

I have the commentary in Spanish...They always sound excited and if you're lucky you get the odd "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLAA!"

A friend of mine played the Japanese version of Pro Evo 4...Japanese commentary is great. If you score with a massive strike the commentator screams "BEE-STINGERRRR!"

• 4 weeks later...

Little known fact: Sir Trevor Brooking used to go to my old secondary school.

I'm looking forward to the new game, but to be honest, I still find PES4 pretty sweet, and I don't have overly many gripes with the game, as some people seem to do.

The English patches have been coming out really fast since it's been released, i had a 90% English patch about 5 hours after my copy arrived. Although i can't be bothered to waste more DVD's till i get a full conversion patch, so i play it like it is for now. I'm really glad i imported the game though, it is truly amazing. If anyone has any questions i'm willing to answer them.

The control is basically the same, but now the sidestep that used to performed by pressing R2 + Left or Right can be done with just left or right, which at times gets annoying but i find it very helpful most of the time. The pace of the game is also slower.

Dribbling is WAY harder. Very realistic though. You no longer can skip past a defender with any player, you have to pass the ball and keep possesion alot more in order to break the defence. Only the skillful playmakers and wingers are going to be able to dribble past players, and it's still not that easy. Scoring actually feels like an achievment now because it's that hard. The most goals i've scored in one game is 4 (and ive played about 60+ games, each of them 15 mins long) against some shitty team on 5*, but i used to be able to score 9+ in one game against poor teams on pro evo 4. It can also get very frustrating when you miss easy chances because of they are less frequent.

Throw ins are basically the same, you still control the thrower as opposed to the reciever, only difference i've noticed is that the long throw now has a power bar, but i still haven't made a succesful long ball into the penalty area.

The only new skills i've noticed are the flip flap (Ronaldinhos move, although only a select few of players do it - Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Imbrahamovic, Cisse :S and a few random Japanese players apperently.) There's also a Drag Back move, where the player puts his fot onto the ball, and rolls it back slightly.