Harry Potter

Guest Hollywood™

Boo. Everyone knows real men sit around and discuss Finnegan's Wake.

riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend 

of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to

Howth Castle and Environs.

Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen- 

core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy

isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor

had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse

to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper

all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to

tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a

kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in

vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a

peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory

end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.

The fall (bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonner- 

ronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-

nuk!) of a once wallstrait oldparr is retaled early in bed and later

on life down through all christian minstrelsy. The great fall of the

offwall entailed at such short notice the pftjschute of Finnegan,

erse solid man, that the humptyhillhead of humself prumptly sends

an unquiring one well to the west in quest of his tumptytumtoes:

and their upturnpikepointandplace is at the knock out in the park

where oranges have been laid to rust upon the green since dev-

linsfirst loved livvy.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowling uses bad grammar and poor language. I know of two of my friends who have ordered it (one is 27 and one is 34 - full grown men reading Potter is tragic in my opinion)

She's also too spacy and weird for my liking. I don't like her, I couldn't care less about magic, and I enjoy the writing style of Murakami and Palahniuk...Therefore I won't be reading this one either.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Its weird hearing people say they read these books when they were younger, it sounds like some 80 year old man speaking about the bible or something, this is harry potter, you couldn't of been that much younger when they first came out.

Don't you think its wrong that they're releasing a childrens book at 12am? maybe they should release it at 4pm, after school has finished, rather than children waiting in the streets at midnight.

I read the first one, it was easy to read, but that didn't mean it was good, infact I thought it was pretty shit, I made it my duty not to read the rest.

I'd almost forgotten about the Harry Potter fad. *Sighs* it' back again. Still I admire the author a lot, she's managed to make a lot of money through these books - which is surprising with the more technology driven society.

To be fair it's not got long left, apparently preorders for this one are the lowest the series has seen. JK kept it running too long me thinks...

Just got back from work (Woolworths, incidentally) after setting all the displays and stuff for this up. I've never read any Harry Potter as it's clearly a kids book, and I really don't get adults who read it. We have got so many copies in, it's unreal - about 8 boxes worth. Very little of that is with the adult cover (same with Order of the Phoenix), so you'll have to be quick anywhere if you want one of them. Not to sound like I'm schilling my employers, but it'll be £8.99 until we close on Sunday.

I had a sneeky read of the start... the Prime Minister is reading a memo. What does it say? NOBODY KNOWS <_<

Guest Hollywood™

No offence mate, you don't get adults who read it?

Maybe they enjoy it? Maybe they read it to their children at night?

It's up to the person whether or not they enjoy they book. Not somebody else to tell them they shouldn't because they are an 'adult'!

If they enjoy it, then that's fine, I have no problem with them reading it - it's just I personally don't understand why they would want to read a children's book. It's more a "I don't understand why you'd want to do this" rather than a "you're an adult reading Harry Potter, you can burn in hell" type thing. But heck, anything that encourages anyone to read must be doing something right!

That's it? I thought that she had just changed some sentence structure in some places to make it more complex.

Damn Lazy Rowling...I'll probably just get it off my cousin and give it a read. Seeing as she relys on the promise of people dying to sell books to children is kinda pathetic.