Harry Potter

Guest Hollywood™

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I red it yesterday, it was quite good. And it did surprise me. I actually thought Snape was a good guy since Dumbledore trusted him, but no. Well, maybe he did it only because his sister and Voldemort asked him to. IF Albus really trusted Severus, there had to be a better reason than just "Oh yeah he used to be a Death Eater but he's all better now and welcome to teach in my school". He must be good afterall. I just know, he isn't bad. But, i still have not recovered totally from the shock that Dumbsy is now out. Done. Finito. I thought Draco Malfoy was going to die when Harry did that Sectumsepra (or whatever it was!) on him.

1. Half-Blood Prince

2. Goblet Of Fire

3. Prisoner Of Azkaban

4. Chamber Of Secrets

5. Order Of The Phoenix

6. Philosopher's Stone

This was my second Harry Potter book that i red in english (as i've told i'm from Finland and i've bought the first four in the versions of my own language) And yes, i think it was the best of the Potters thus far. It was just so cool, the Dark Mark above the school, and all the biggest action was still saved to the end of the book. I hope Rowling can make the seventh the best. And HBP really was good after the dissapointment that Order Of The Phoenix was.

And since I'm a fanboy I'm all like "NOOOOO SNAPE CAN'T BE EVIL! *Sob.*", but...

Same. But for me it's more like feeling a man as smart as Dumbledore can't be so blatantly wrong about someone. Plus I think it's too much of a cliche. Having the teacher who always has a snide remark to make and unfair detentions to give out as the evil one just doesn't seem right to me. I'm not counting Snape out yet, as if he really wanted to kill Dumbledore, I think there would of been many better times to do it.

I don't think there was really much of a better time for Snape. He had to finish off Dumbledore because if Draco completely wussed out Snape would've died due to the Unbreakable Vow or whatever.

My reason for suspicion is Dumbledore's pleading. It CAN'T be for his own life because that'd be horribly out-of-character. It's either for Snape to spare Harry or for Snape to kill him (for whatever reason), I think.

• 1 month later...

***Spoilers ahead***

I finished the book the week I got it a few weeks back. Personally for me I thought this helped make up for the underwhelming book that was the Order of the Phoenix. There were quite a few nice things in the book though also there were quite a few sad things. Like most I don't think/am in denial that Snape is evil. Dumbledore dying was a shame but I suppose it was truly needed to be done. As it shows at the end of the book, now really Harry has no one to protect him. Also for some reason though I knew more than likely it was going to happen I wanted Harry not to break it off with Ginny. Might be doubtful that they'll ever get back together even after/if he finishes off Voldenmort but I always liked the pairing.

The ending left me in a kind of saddened happiness, it is difficult to explain. Even with Harry's life seamingly being rather shitty I still felt some what good and had hope for him. Annoyingly it made me want to read the next book right away though. Some thing tells me Harry isn't going to be leaving Hogwarts or will end up there some how in the next book. Still going to be interesting when Ron/Herm/Harry go on their misadventures for the remaining pieces of Vold's soul.

R.A.B. is Regulus Arcturus Black.

In the next book, I believe Wormtail will be vital in Voldemort's downfall - remember in Prisoner of Azkaban when Dumbledore said the time would come when Harry would be "glad he saved Wormtail's life?" Wormtail is indebted to Harry, and I'm thinking he will sacrifice his own life to save Harry's, or something like that. Only two years to wait for Book 7.

Two years?!....God damn it...

And I thought I recalled Dumbledore saying in Order of the Phoenix that all of Sirus' and Harry's close relatives had died/been killed. Thus why Sirus and Harry kind of had the bond they did. They were more or less though not related by bloodlines the only family each had left. Granted you could say his cousin but it's kind of obvious they didn't get along too well. And I've never considered cousins "close" relatives.

Also the rest of the Black family aside from Sirus seemed rather evil in nature (with the exception maybe being Sirus' brother. But we've never really gotten a whole lot of information on that situation). However with that said it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the Blacks. Or if it was in fact Sirus' brother who had faked his own death and was now going under a alias. It is rather obvious that SOME THING important is with Sirus' brother and the events surrounding his death. I mean in nearly every book since Sirus has been involved they've mentioned it I believe at the very least twice.

Wormtail I too think is going to have the "Golum effect" as I'd like to call it. Whether he intentionally or not in the end he'll aid Harry in some fashion repaying his debt to him. It could possibly be not even when face to face with Voldenmort. Wormtail could save him if he is in fact evil from Snape. It would make sense if by then Harry has destroyed the other pieces of the soul if Voldenmort would send out Snape first to weaken Harry for when he faces him.

Or who knows maybe the reason Wormtail hasn't been seen a whole lot lately in the books aside from seamingly becoming Snape's slave. Is cause he is guarding one of the pieces of the soul. But once Harry tries to destroy it and it tries to kill him Wormtail saves him from it.

In any case I could see the Fordo/Golum situation happening in Book 7. Where Harry less and less hates Wormtail and more and more feels pity for the pathetic thing Wormtail has become. Maybe even have Wormtail travel with them for a while and have a Sam/Golum situation with Ron and Wormtail. Then again considering Wormtail slept in Ron's bed with him for 13 years or so of Ron's life I imagine Ron would be tempted to strangle him the next time they saw each other.

I really doubt that book seven will be the last one. The way that six ended seemed to give the feeling that it will take a long time to find what needs to be found and finally defeat Voldamort. I hope that I'm right, as I do enjoy the books quite a bit.

I really doubt that book seven will be the last one. The way that six ended seemed to give the feeling that it will take a long time to find what needs to be found and finally defeat Voldamort. I hope that I'm right, as I do enjoy the books quite a bit.

Edited by Laice_

I dunno, the reason I was thinking that it would be longer is because finding all that stuff will take a long time, and unless the book is going to be even more massive than before, then it might be skimmed over, which wouldn't be very cool. I think that the Harry Potter series will be continued past the seven years with an adult Harry.

I'm pretty sure the Voldemort part of the Harry Potter saga will be resolved within the 7th book, but whether it be through the work of others or even JK Rowling herself, the story will almost certainly be continued in some fashion.

Yeah, I truly hope she either breaks this into books post-Hogwart years or makes a book that would make the GoF blush. Otherwise it's going to be a lot of cliff note chapters I think. Not to mention even with the last book I noticed it kind of happened, if she made the book about the same size as HBP one of the more charming aspects, the side stories/plots, might get a tad lost. Then again I suppose it was bound to happen that the side plots and side stories would start to takr a back seat in the later years.