It's official: Chappelle's show is over.

ROC

Credit - Yahoo

Chappelle's Show Is 'Done,' Murphy Says

Wednesday August 3 1:26 PM ET

Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars. "`Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."

Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said.

"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. "`Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.

Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.

Murphy, the older brother of comic Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star.

"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

I really enjoyed the humor of the Chapelle show. I didn't watch it frequently, but there was never an episode that didn't make me laugh out loud for an extended period of time. It's unfortunate that there wont be a new season, but that's life.

The Chapelle Show actually turned me into a bit of a pseudo celebrity. Long story short, my first name is Rick, and my middle name is James. Alot of my friends, and my brothers friends were huge fans of the show, and well I'm sure you can all put two and two together. Let's just say for a few months I was barraged with people telling me to say "I'm Rick James Bitch". Or if I entered a room everybody would yell out "It's Rick James Bitch". The fad seems to have died down, but people still call me Rick James.

I heard Cheppelle has been making random appearences at comedy clubs unannounced and doing shows. Him not doing a show anymore sucks though, as it was the only show I could watch and actually laugh out loud. Fortunately there are other great comics out there that could put out funny ass shows like this. Comedy Central tried it with Mind of Mencia, but in my opinion, that failed.

It's a real shame that it came to this. This show was one of the funniest sketch comedy shows ever and even if it didn't suit you I'm sure you tuned in at least once and at one point in the show or another, laughed. I'm glad it has done it's work though for all of the other actors on the show. Charlie Murphy and all the others now are out on full fledged comedy tours all because of the exposure they received on Chappelle's Show. I just hope that this whole emotional breakdown doesn't keep Dave from going out on the road sometime soon. I've seen him live before and he was funnier there than he ever was on the show.