Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rented the game

On my second attempt (first was a WR with Cleveland Browns that had the wrong skin color), I began a superstar mode with a player who would ideally be suited to being a Running Back. However, I changed his position to qb before finishing the creation screen so I have a QB who can't throw real well, but is fairly fast (85 speed).

His throwing power and accuracy both started at around 78.

I got 100% on the iq test and got drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the third round.

I got a movie deal in the preseason and also went up 2 points from practicing.

I got tired of watching Delhomme start in the season and requested to be traded in week 6.

I ended up with the K.C. Chiefs, and luckily for me, Trent Green went down a few weeks later, and I ended up starting with the team record at 5-4.

4 games later, we're currently 9-4, but I'm not putting up big numbers. Mostly our defense wins the games.

I basically do just enough to let us win.

My biggest problem is my lack of arm strength. I keep seeing receivers one on one with cbs on fly routes but when I go to throw to them the pass is too short and nearly always intercepted. In fact, I can't throw any kind of deep ball.

It's amazing that the defense helps me win though, really, since I don't even play as them. When it's time to play Defense, I switch the control setup so that the computer is playing both teams, and then I switch back when the chiefs get the ball.

Also I let Madden call most of the plays (Unless he calls something stupid like FB up the middle on 3 and 13 in the 1st quarter), although I do audible out of them alot or alter them with hot routes.

I'm liking the superstar Mode ok, because it's slightly better than I thought it would be, but still not as nearly as good as I hoped.

The passing cone does make the game harder, but you can get used to it. Especially since the r2 button plus the receiver's icon allows you to immediately switch to the receiver.

My main problem is that sometimes my qb won't throw when he's looking at a wide open receiver, no matter how many times I press the button.

Edited by jase12881

Rented the game

On my second attempt (first was a WR with Cleveland Browns that had the wrong skin color), I began a superstar mode with a player who would ideally be suited to being a Running Back.  However, I changed his position to qb before finishing the creation screen so I have a QB who can't throw real well, but is fairly fast (85 speed). 

His throwing power and accuracy both started at around 78.

I got 100% on the iq test and got drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the third round. 

I got a movie deal in the preseason and also went up 2 points from practicing.

I got tired of watching Delhomme start in the season and requested to be traded in week 6.

I ended up with the K.C. Chiefs, and luckily for me, Trent Green went down a few weeks later, and I ended up starting with the team record at 5-4.

4 games later, we're currently 9-4, but I'm not putting up big numbers.  Mostly our defense wins the games.

I basically do just enough to let us win.

My biggest problem is my lack of arm strength.  I keep seeing receivers one on one with cbs on fly routes but when I go to throw to them the pass is too short and nearly always intercepted.  In fact, I can't throw any kind of deep ball. 

It's amazing that the defense helps me win though, really, since I don't even play as them.  When it's time to play Defense, I switch the control setup so that the computer is playing both teams, and then I switch back when the chiefs get the ball.

Also I let Madden call most of the plays (Unless he calls something stupid like FB up the middle on 3 and 13 in the 1st quarter), although I do audible out of them alot or alter them with hot routes.

I'm liking the superstar Mode ok, because it's slightly better than I thought it would be, but still not as nearly as good as I hoped.

The passing cone does make the game harder, but you can get used to it.  Especially since the r2 button plus the receiver's icon allows you to immediately switch to the receiver.

My main problem is that sometimes my qb won't throw when he's looking at a wide open receiver, no matter how many times I press the button.

I hate, hate, hate how I was good at last year's version, and haven't managed to win a game on this year's. The vision cone is my downfall on offense, I just can't get to grips with it, but I don't want to turn it off as then I may as well just play 05. Defensively, I do well, but I can never seal teh deal and end up giving the big 3rd down play up or something.

I hate, hate, hate how I was good at last year's version, and haven't managed to win a game on this year's. The vision cone is my downfall on offense, I just can't get to grips with it, but I don't want to turn it off as then I may as well just play 05. Defensively, I do well, but I can never seal teh deal and end up giving the big 3rd down play up or something.

I had that problem for awhile. I used a run heavy offense until I finally got to grips with the Vision Cone. I still can't switch to looking at another reciever quick enough, but I have learned to watch two recievers, one as a back up, so just in case my main reciever (the one I decide to watch for that play) fucks up, I dump it off to the other guy (usually a TE or HB) if he is kind of open. If all else fails, I roll out and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then I throw the ball away or cross the line and get a few with my feet.

Does anyone want to play a game through PS2 Online? I prefer playing people I know 'cause a lot of the people just online seem to be quiting whenever they are losing which gives both people a loss.

So if anyone wants a game with me, hit me up on MSN or PM me.

Anytime you ever want to play me on PS2 online, my screen name is SugaRayza.  That goes for anyone else who wants to play.

I'll be looking forward to that when I set-up my online game.

Bengals vs. Browns - YOU'RE GOIN DOWN!

Anytime you ever want to play me on PS2 online, my screen name is SugaRayza.  That goes for anyone else who wants to play.

I'll be looking forward to that when I set-up my online game.

Bengals vs. Browns - YOU'RE GOIN DOWN!

Psh, I don't care for the Browns, but JUST so you know... I CRUSHED the Bengals.

blasphemy... just you wait, oh yes... just you wait.  get your ass online tonight after RAW.

Nah, not tonight. Tomorrow! TOMORROW! LL vs ZERO! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

Sounds good, I got a lot of free time tomorrow after 1:30pm and and probably again after about 7pm... you'll be a dead legend!