Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

I think a big problem people fail to realize is Smackdown games are now like Football games.  Companies shit a new one out every year and doing little to touch up on the previous year.  A few new features here and there, but for the most part, it's still Smackdown.

That's exactly true, the way i'm reading it, everyone sees it different, as in that every time a new Smackdown! game is realeased, it's supposed to be revolutionary in it's design. Personally, i'm happy with a roster update, fixes from last years version, and some new major and minor additions that'll make the game feel different enough so it doesn't feel like the year before it. That's the way i've always seen the series.

Anyways, i'm already making plans, I plan to run my first career through with Renè of course, followed by Orton and then probably a CAW i've created. The only part that bothered me about last years version was how boring the cutscenes were in season mode, hopefully the voice overs will spice that up a little. Anyways, the things i'm looking forward to include:

The return of ring annoucing and entrance announcing. It might not be perfect, but it's a lot better than listening to generic music throughout the whole thing. Sometimes i'll just turn on music of my own, but you can't fully get into the game if you don't watch/hear the entrances.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The return of ring annoucing and entrance announcing. It might not be perfect, but it's a lot better than listening to generic music throughout the whole thing. Sometimes i'll just turn on music of my own, but you can't fully get into the game if you don't watch/hear the entrances.

You're gonna wanna turn off announcing after one match, I guarantee it. I watched the 30 minute Royal Rumble on IGN insider and had to turn my speakers off because it's just as bad as it was in Smackdown 3.

You're gonna wanna turn off announcing after one match, I guarantee it. I watched the 30 minute Royal Rumble on IGN insider and had to turn my speakers off because it's just as bad as it was in Smackdown 3.

I already said that in my rant.  I even mentioned how no one bothered about Fifa being hardly any different.  You all ignored me.

:ohwell:

*waits for Tristy to make smartass remark*

well, that was uncalled for.

It would have happened if I didn't say that though and you know it :P

...And that's a bad thing? :huh: The point is to give you that 'classic' (legend) feel...so why wouldnl't it be appropiate for them to have the same models as they did from ummm...5 or 6 years ago?

Of course, you're probaly one to go on the route of the arguement, 'they're so lazy they just added those into this game'. But at the time those were accurate models...so if they just recreated them now..they're still accurate models. And now, you don't have to go searching for a Mankind caw if you want to make him etc. (well you still might if you want Psycho Mankind or Cactus or something, but still :P)

1. Cena with alternative attire?! YES. Hopefully he'll carry a belt to the ring too. That's one thing that pissed me off about HCTP.

2. Batista looks fucking awesome in the screens where he's in the suit.

3. I hope there's more types of chair-shots. In SYM they had the one where you could smack the chair upside their face, I loved that. They got the basic chair shot down pat in HCTP, but the DDT onto the chair was gay.