Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Im liking the sound of attires being unlockable in Shopzone, hopefully a la No Mercy, as it might allow them to put in La Res's attire and some other forgotten superstars (FBI, Bashams etc.). It'd be nice if they put some faces in too so that CAW is a bit quicker when you add the missing WWE wrestlers.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know some aren't because they think it's a nonneeded addition..but I'm defintely happy about that. :D

Even if the only thing you can do is simple one on one matches and the like..

So still..if you're not with a group of friends at the time for a bunch of 'multiplayer' fun, you can still have a 'competitive' match..because I'm sure someone else may give you a match better then the computer..

In keeping with its trend of keeping secrets this year, however, THQ has only confirmed a single online gameplay mode: Head-to-Head competition. What this means for veteran SmackDown players is that they'll be able to participate in exhibition matches with at least one other person over the Internet. Unfortunately, THQ representatives will not comment on just how many players can wrestle each other at one time. Nor will they reveal how many other (re: if?) online game modes there are, or whether or not there will be some kind of ranking system based on performance. It is also unknown whether or not it will support broadband users only, or if it will allow dial-up players to participate as well.

THQ will make the formal announcement to the rest of the gaming press later today at an official media event held in Los Angeles. There, company representatives will make the same proclamation we've made here with the possibility of elaborating further on what kind of features the new online inclusion will have. Regardless of how many modes the game ends up sporting, however, confirmation of online play alone should definitely be comforting news for doubtful wrestling fans.

Edited by Media 2.0

they beeter allow dialup damnit if not I will get cable jsut for this game. I've been waiting a while for an online wrestling game and its about damn time. as for the weapons not taking that much damage away ... Yes . I'm convinced that this will be an improvement over hctp

..Well that is what big businesses do. How else would they make money? If HCTP was 'the greatest wrestling game ever' and many were very, very satisfied with it, who would buy SDvsRAW? And even though that is the case..(that being that they don't make the game the best they possibly can) I still don't feel ripped off. Whereas you or others might as we've seen.

What the fuck is Matzat complaining about?

Here Comes The Pain works properly. It's just like any other sports franchise, in that it's the best game available in its' genre in North America, but still has a feel that is too "arcadey" for a lot of its' players...and a lot of features that the fans want upgraded or added, that never will be.

It's not like it's the WWE's Super Awesome PlayStation 2 Game, with everything and your mother in it... it's a sports franchise game, with half of everything, and your sister in it.

Anyways...69 Days Until SmackDown Vs RAW.

I hope people accept that THQ are never going to produce a game that has people taking 5 minutes climbing a cage, that have people sell the fall for ages, have Triple H take a half hour break before making a pin, but they won't. The same arguements will appear next year when the next one is released. Which is a bit sad. Yes, okay, maybe SD! 7 won't have a completely new engine, maybe they won't have every single wrestler that works for the WWE in, maybe the will include pointless extra modes, but who cares? It's not supposed to be a new game. It's a sequal. It's supposed to be similar to the last, because they know it works, and it sells.

I'm going to quote a passage and replace a few words, but it's basically going to be a straight up steal, just modified for genre.

I hate it when game franchises find the perfect market equillibrium between profitability and mindlessness. It's an unstoppable economic logic that grinds purists into (the mat).

The problem with (Smackdown) is that it's fun, but it's just not (a wrestling game). It's fun in the way (Dead or Alive) is fun. I particularilly enjoy (playing with friends). It's great to (lay him on a table and jump from the top of a hell in the cell, and then both get up five seconds later to continue the match none the worse for wear), or (play through the season mode to unlock stupid movies of the divas that we all find online anyway).

But I want a (wrestling) game.

I understand and support capitalism. I'm not one to tell a company to make decisions that'll cost it money. But can't there be some satisfaction for us (wrestling fans)? [As opposed to (the ADD-affected children of wrestling fans), at whom this game is clearly aimed?] Whats the harm in using (great graphics) and (the WWE liscense) and (a good story mode) to add to a fundementally solid (wrestling game), as opposed to substituting for one?

This (WWE)'s just not going to keep me interested, nor is there anything in the online play (loaded with fellow kids ODing on speed who have rediculously low attention spans) to warrant you spending another ($50) for this year's version if you've got either of the last two years' editions.

That's pretty much where the Smackdown series is at. The WWE is fine with throwing in stupid gimmicks to get people who are casual fans to buy in, without refining the system for those who think it lacks. The WWE would only gain followers if they balanced the system, but they won't do it, because they know people will continue to baaa at their whim.

Sports franchises are just as bad as Smackdown. LCD Capitalism is a bullshit system, and stupid people like you guys keep the money flowing, ensuring it will never change.

So everyone should go on a...'I'm not buying this shit' "strike" just because you 'hate capitalism' or something like that...even though they..you know, actually like the game?

If you like it, and you're stupid enough to buy it 15 times, then I'm not going to tell you not to waste your money.

I wouldn't tell a retard not to walk in front of a bus, either, because it amuses me to see clueless people do cluesless things.

Holy shit Caw mode sounds fucking insane! now you can give your wrestlers entrance attire and even cutscene attire. now you can have a caw with teeth have a toothless caw. I'm preordering this game now1