Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

I actually kinda like it. Of course, I would've prefered some actual WRESTLERS on it, but it does look decent. Hopefully the UK release will be different.

Yeah in HCTP wasn't Torrie on the US Boxart? All I know is the UK boxart will nearly certainly be different. Either way I couldn't care as I don't buy a game for the cover of the case.

Edited by KRC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing this back from the dead.

Anyway I chcked IGN videos for like the first time in a few weeks and went back and checked the Chavo entrance, and it has the Smackdown ring announcer(Forget his name) introducing Chavo to the ring. Is ring announcing in the game? I haven't seen it in any other entrance videos I don't think and haven't read anything on it, so it was really weird yet very cool to hear it. Sounds very good too.

Edit - Just checked the Big Show entrance and he has it in too, so is it just Smackdown guys?

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I'd like to know who Sable's Masseuse is. And why is this person in the game?

And Molly Holly looks like shit.

I'm really starting to like KoCII over this, if only for the sheer fact that it has Muto in it. Granted the gameplay in KoCII looks like an updated version of Attitude ( :shifty: ), atleast it has depth.

Ah well. I'll be picking up both.

Bringing this back from the dead.

Anyway I chcked IGN videos for like the first time in a few weeks and went back and checked the Chavo entrance, and it has the Smackdown ring announcer(Forget his name) introducing Chavo to the ring. Is ring announcing in the game? I haven't seen it in any other entrance videos I don't think and haven't read anything on it, so it was really weird yet very cool to hear it. Sounds very good too.

Edit - Just checked the Big Show entrance and he has it in too, so is it just Smackdown guys?

Yes, ring announcing is in...for everyone.

And as for the IGN clip theyre working now I'm pretty sure...just lay it in teh player, and it should still be working. Or go through the whole 'left click here'/'right click save here' thing and it should be available for download..

edit-

I'd like to know who Sable's Masseuse is. And why is this person in the game?

Edited by Media 2.0

Uhm, Attitude had you buttonmashing a zillion combinations that made no sens as fast as posible and beating everyone on leel hard one half day in, kocs system is based on hitting one (ore two) buttons at the right moment and the weak to  strong move buildup makes perfect sens and is the same way with every wrestler.

I never had annyone comparing KoC to Attitude (wich might be one of the most horrible wrestling game serieses after Smackdown)  :blink:

A couple weeks back, IGN Insider put up a 45 minute video featuring the Unforgiven card. I finally got around to downloading the beast, and here's some thoughts and observations:

-Had a short video featuring Orton vs. HHH. Pretty much like last year except it wasn't in black and white, more of a gold and black.

-The versus screen graphics are very cool, feature the PPV logo and the wrestlers moving just like last year and on television.

-Victoria/Trish was interesting because Victoria dominated Trish, but Trish was actually able to make a huge comeback. Trish still lost, but just barely.

-Kane does have his Finger 11 music and his entrance is pretty sweet. HBK's entrance is LOOOOOOOOOOONG just like last year. You can check it out now on IGN for free since he was a recent Superstar of the Day.

-Taking the turnbuckle pad off boosts your heel meter

-HBK can't lift Kane for many moves... damn bad back of his.

-Amazingly, four years after the release of No Mercy, you can finally put someone in a sitting up position.

-Lots of improved animations, particularly Shawn Michaels jab combo... much better from years past.

-AI irish whips way too much.

-Kane still has that powerbomb for a finisher though he hasn't used it since the Brothers of Destruction. Oh well, at least it's not two chokeslams. Kane quickly dominated HBK.

-Christian's entrance is PERFECT. Jericho's is spot on as well, his new entrance video is very cool.

-As in year's past, the computer immediately goes for the ladder in a ladder match.

-AI tries to pin too much in non-pin matches, still an issue since day one.

-Another AI weakness, Christian puts Jericho on the ladder and then does... nothing. Yes I know the game isn't done yet, but they did the same thing last year. That really needs to be fixed.

-Sweet move from Jericho, rolls Christian inside the ring while standing outside. Christian's head stays under the ropes and Jericho elbows him in the throat.

-With the Create a PPV, you can actually set who you want to do a run in, in the event that a run in occurs.

-The new stair animation is great. It's even been improved since the last videos we saw it in.

-Though I don't like the chairs just disappearing, it is better than being stuck in a corner and getting knocked completely in the red in 40 seconds.

-Sledgehammer shots are gross... they have the HHH shot in the game, holding the sledge and ramming it into the guys head, Jericho's spewed blood after being hit. Nice touch. Almost looks like I'm playing Mortal Kombat.

-The dirty/clean meter acts like the Blazin meter or Attitude meter in the AKI games. Flick the right analog stick and for a limited time your meter flashes, the next grapple will activate the move.

-I'd really like to see Irish whips into the ladder actually hurt.

-Christian stole Jericho's finisher, which you didn't see too much (if at all) from the AI in last year's game.

-Jericho finally climbs the ladder after a big chair shot. Way too much downtime in this match and I hope THQ fixes that up before release. 12 minute match, but a good 3 minutes of that is from the AI doing nothing.

-The lighting effects on HHH's intro are really sweet... check it out on his bio. His water bottle actually looks like a real water bottle for once.

-The crowd looks spectacular this year as well, they also react to what's going on. You'll notice when there's downtime, the crowd just kinda sits there, but if a guy climbs the ropes, they go wild.

-Oh my God... Orton's new theme music is in the game. How the hell they got that in time, I'll never know, but I'm glad it's in there. Orton's intro is looking good, he even walks like a woman.

-I really like the background music this year. I think I'm hearing some Monster Magnet right now.

-Orton's neck/backbreaker (The 3.0) looks very good.

-It's hilarious how over exaggerated HHH is. His abs haven't looked like that in a loooooooong time.

-Camera angles are much better, and as I said earlier, I'm much happier to see the main camera on the same side it is on television.

-Once again, HHH is way too good in this game and destroys Orton in about five minutes, not even getting a single body part in the yellow.

-Nice little after PPV pyro on the stage... and that's it.