Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen an updated roster in a hell of a long time. Can anyone point me to a final roster, please?

Since I doubt that the ref AI has been improved so they don't get in your way as much, I've got an option I'd like to see added to future games:

Beat up the ref after a match if you lose!!

A-Train

Garrison Cade

Rico

Batista

Hardcore Holly

Rob Van Dam

The Big Show

J.B. Layfield

Sable

Booker T

John Cena

Scotty 2 Hotty

Bubba Ray Dudley

Kane

Shawn Michaels

Charlie Haas

Kurt Angle

Shelton Benjamin

Chavo Guerrero

Mark Jindrak

Stacy Keibler

Chris Benoit

Matt Hardy

Tajiri

Chris Jericho

Molly Holly

Torrie Wilson

Christian

Randy Orton

Triple H

Chuck Palumbo

Rene Dupree

Trish Stratus

D-Von Dudley

Rey Mysterio

Undertaker

Eddie Guerrero

Rhyno

Victoria

Edge

Ric Flair

Andre the Giant

Hawk

Mankind

Animal

Jimmy Snuka

The Rock

Bret Hart

Masked Kane

Roddy Piper

Brutus Beefcake

Legend Undertaker

That's what IGN has, anyways.

w00t w00t 12 DAYS!!!!! YEAH!!!

This may be one of the most anticipated games ever....

How could this be? Smackdown vs Raw will be the same whit as last year, with an updated roster, some new modes and updated graphics. Games like san andreas should be more anticipated.

Sorry if this angers a few people, just my few cents.

Guest Future Shock

w00t w00t 12 DAYS!!!!! YEAH!!!

This may be one of the most anticipated games ever....

How could this be? Smackdown vs Raw will be the same whit as last year, with an updated roster, some new modes and updated graphics. Games like san andreas should be more anticipated.

Sorry if this angers a few people, just my few cents.

Honestly, I would care a little less about the cruiserweights and a bit more on the most glaring problem with the series: For the second straight year, people who held a WWE Tag Team title at the time when the rosters were cut off did not make the game, and this time, both sets of reigning tag champs at the time didn't make it (last year, La Resistance held the belts at press time, but Dupree and Grenier weren't in the game- this year, Grenier, Rob Conway, Billy Kidman, and Paul London didn't make the cut- all problems for the tag team matches in the game...)

Well, I can understand why they skimped on the Cruiserweights: Vince's big man fetish, which is also the reason why the CWs are used as jobbers a lot. Doesn't mean I like it, though.

I'd rather they had put Funaki in, or put Spike Dudley back in, than put Scotty 2 Hotty back in. He's a decent enough wrestler, but his gimmick and finisher both suck, and with no Rikishi to tag with, he shouldn't be back.

They shouldn't have added\put back in: Scotty 2 Hotty, Hardcore Holly, Garrison Cade, Mark Jindrak, or Chuck Palumbo.

They should have added\left in: The Hurricane, Rosey, Miss Jackie, Gail Kim, Paul London, and La Resistance (as much as I hate both Conway and Grenier). Ultimo Dragon would also be on that list, but considering they weren't even sure if he was still going to be around, I can see why he isn't.

As for the legends....

Its kind of redundant to have legend versions of `Taker and Kane, in my opinion. I wish they had put two other wrestlers in the game instead. On the other hand, I'm glad they added Bret Hart and Mankind, but I'm not happy that they removed Ted Dibiase and Sgt. Slaughter. And who the hell came up with the idea to put Brutus Beefcake in the game?! Is there some kind of rule that they have to have a legendary piece of crap in the game?

I figure Hillbilly Jim was in HCTP because he still works for the WWE in a backstage\office role, but the only reason I can think of them putting Brutus beefcake in SD vs. Raw is as a diss on Hulk Hogan, since he's a friend of Hogan's.

Better choices than Brutus Beefcake that aren't in LOW: Showdown, so the rights aren't tied up:

Diesel

Razor Ramon

Akeem the African Dream (yeah, he's in LoW as One Man Gang, but....)

The Brooklyn Brawler (with lousy stats, so he's assured of jobbing, natch)

Junkyard Dog

Earthquake

Gangrel

And I won't be satisified until we get a new SD game with Hulk Hogan in it as a legend, or AT LEAST have his entrance and winning moves from SYM added back to the moveset.

(I also hope they gave Rey Misterio more than one outfit this time. Same goes for the Divas.)

Edited by GhostMachine

Though I'm looking forward to this game, I agree that it does kinda seem half-assed (that main roster totally blows. One of the weakest I've ever seen. Hart/Andre/LOD ETC are cool with me but Legend UT/Kane thing is lame, they should be be alternate attires)

But like the wrestling game sheep I am... I'm still buying the sucker. Just hope they added a crap load of new moves and redid the CAW a little bit.

I can't wait for the game. I'm obviously upset that a lot of superstars are missing, but I'll be personally adding them in via CAW as soon as I find some decent CAW's of the missing workers.

With that said, the guys that have been removed, probably have full move sets in CAW, so it won't be terribly hard to create them.

My first game: Randy Orton Vs The World... RKO's for everyone!

Guest apeschris0

PEOPLE! GEEZ! Please stop this maness at once about the United States release date!

IGN confirmed it's released on November 2nd and THQ, the game publisher, has confirmed it's release on November, friggin, 2nd! DANG!

If you call people like GameStop or EBGames, they're probably getting a late arrival!!

Scotty 2 Hotty

Chavo Guerrero

Tajiri

Rey Mysterio

Four cruiserweights? Damn those storylines are gonna be stale, no Ultimo? Still no Funaki? How many years has he been with the company? Where's The Hurricane? Shannon Moore? Ultimo Dragon? It's not as if they've just recently debuted, both Hurrican and Ultimo were in the last game...

Edited by B-Rad

Shame that there's going to be no Kidman seeings though he's been getting solid attention over on Smackdown :(

I'm hoping the game comes out late, mainly due to me not having any cash until the 19th as it's my birthday, if it is the 12th then I'll have to get some early birthday money to actually get this game.

Guest apeschris0

I apoligize for snapping about SDvsRAW's release date. :'(

I just read the Target Holiday ad, Best Buy ad, and Circuit City ad, and they all said SDvsRAW will be in stores on November 4th, this Thursday.

Sorry.

Still, there's no detriment on earth that could make me overlook how terrific the graphics in SmackDown! vs. RAW truly are

OMG! WWE IS NUMBER 1!

GOTY! GOTY! GOTY! GOTY!