Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Sweet move from Jericho, rolls Christian inside the ring while standing outside. Christian's head stays under the ropes and Jericho elbows him in the throat.

That was already in in HCTP, if it's what i think it is. Theres also an RVD variation, where he does something I've forgotten, and an Undertaker one, where he turns them over so they're lying on their stomach just under the ropes. He then climbs the apron, and hits his leg drop to the back of the head. Hopefully they have a few more animations in this time, but it's likely still those three.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet move from Jericho, rolls Christian inside the ring while standing outside. Christian's head stays under the ropes and Jericho elbows him in the throat.

That was already in in HCTP, if it's what i think it is. Theres also an RVD variation, where he does something I've forgotten, and an Undertaker one, where he turns them over so they're lying on their stomach just under the ropes. He then climbs the apron, and hits his leg drop to the back of the head. Hopefully they have a few more animations in this time, but it's likely still those three.

Everytime I play with Taker and do that, all he does is the Elbow-To-Throat thing. :angry:

Yeah, that does happen a lot. It's just that he does that as well as the elbow, when he should just do the leg drop. Try getting him in the middle of the apron, and pushing a direction as well as the grapple button. If that doesn't work, try doing it without pressing a direction :P

Everytime I play with Taker and do that, all he does is the Elbow-To-Throat thing. :angry:

Yeah, that does happen a lot. It's just that he does that as well as the elbow, when he should just do the leg drop. Try getting him in the middle of the apron, and pushing a direction as well as the grapple button. If that doesn't work, try doing it without pressing a direction :P

Whoa, I've never seen any of these moves and I've played HCTP non-stop for a year.

The tale of the tape is really cool, is that for every match?

EDIT

And IGN has posted Eddie Guerrero's bio... his stats are great and his entrance is absolutely fucking awesome.

Edited by Zero

when does this come out?

I'm getting bored with HCTP  <_<

EDIT: HOLY CRAP FLAIR HAS A CHEAP RIP OFF OF HIS OLD THEME. YAY.

Nov. 2 it hits stores

Not surprised about Flair having his old WWF theme, I'm sure the rights to 2001 are a bitch to get ahold of.

Guest Downloading_Man

One of the main things I'm looking forward to about this gameis Bret Hart. Is there any news about if the legends need unlocking like (Some did) last year. I'm pretty sure they've taken Ted DiBiase out (If they haven't please ignore me)...why? He's an absolute legend, I doubt money was a factor, and even though he's religious and opposed to modern WWE, I doubt it was enough to refuse to be on this game.

Next year they better put DiBiase back in, along with legend Hogan, Austin and Flair. I know it's nearly as long a shot as Owen (I'd like to see him in), but I wouldn't mind seing Dynamite kid in a future WWE game.

Also I hope they put Bret's entrance music and moves on, but if he doesn't have 10 for Technique & Submission (THQ are dumb enough to give him 8 or something) I am gonna lose all faith in them.

After growing bored with HCTP (played once in the last 2-3 months, and that wasn't even for a whole match) I can see this being my game of choice for quite a while. However its gonna have comptition from GTA, PES, Gran Turismo and MGS (Whenever that comes out).

Bring on Nov 2....

Loving Eddie's entrance, so much better than what it was in HCTP. Flair's is also damn great, maybe I'm happy because they finally scrapped the idea of him coming out to the Evolution music. I actually really like Shelton's entrance too. Kind of simple, but I like it. The Jericho entrance is also really nice, so good work there. Hoping they got some classic themes in too, mainly for the legends and stuff.

I wanted to download the Unforgiven footage, but you have to be an IGN insider :(

• Admin

Also I hope they put Bret's entrance music and moves on, but if he doesn't have 10 for Technique & Submission (THQ are dumb enough to give him 8 or something) I am gonna lose all faith in them.

From the screenshots I've seen, they have Bret's entrance and music in.

I think the legends will be unlockable like last year - got to have something to play for!

I'm pretty sure they've taken Ted DiBiase out (If they haven't please ignore me)...why? He's an absolute legend, I doubt money was a factor

Possibly had something to do with Acclaim's Legends of Wrestling, but I don't know. And that's no longer an issue since Acclaim is gone. If I were THQ, I'd snap up the rights to LOW quickly, and either make an LOW game or start loading SD games up with legends.

• 3 weeks later...

Online definitely lacking this year, hopefully next year they can turn it into something bigger. Put the whole game online.

Developers should take a hint from what the Mortal Kombat Team did with MK Deception online. The entire game, with the exception of one player Konquest mode is online. I don't see why THQ couldn't do this with the wrestling titles, every mode online. Online season would be HUGELY successful. They said next year online would be their main focus, let's hope so.