Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they have the music of guys who aren't on the game, but are under contract. Like Eugene, Billy Kidman, stuff like that. La Resistance's will be on there thanks to Rene Dupree. I wonder if the music will be the wrestlers "real" music? I can picture them putting some cheap rip-off on like they did with Victoria on HCTP

I wouldn't count on it, but it's a possibility. I really want Real American or the nWo theme in there. They've said in interviews that they've got all the licensed music in the game. But of course, THQ has broken promises in the past. But who all has "real" music now? The Dudley Boyz, RVD, Stacy Keibler, Booker T (sorta), Chris Benoit (but I'm pretty sure the WWE has full rights to the song), Kane, and Ric Flair. Out of those, the Dudleyz will probably have Spikes theme instead of Bombshell, Stacy almost definitely will not have the Kid Rock version of Legs, and Flair will likely use Evolution's music. RVD's music is very iffy, but Kane's is more likely to be his Finger 11 theme since Legend Kane will use the old music. But keep in mind, I don't know anything and that's just my speculation. But here's a question, in the pic with the theme music, why is Chris Benoit's theme locked? Hmmmm...

EDIT

Matz, I wouldn't count on CAWs having voices at all.

If you watch Kane's entrance video, his Finger 11 version is finally in. I also read that RVD's music is back in tact.

in the pic with the theme music, why is Chris Benoit's theme locked?

I believe all those locked themes and stuff with have something to do with the fact it was a beta? And that the music for those guys..are either not input into the game yet (which I've heard from a few sites for some guys) or...well I believe that's the case. Something to do with it being a beta.

Makes sense. Anyway, IGN has a new match posted. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair, here's some thoughts as I watch.

-The test of strength flows nicely in the start of the match

-I'm glad they finally put the game camera on hard-camera side that WWE uses instead of at the bottom of the ring. Good Lord, it's about fucking time. You know, since THQ is so worried about making the game feel like you're watching RAW or Smackdown, you'd think they would have done that years ago.

-I still think executing a reversal should lower your opponent's Smackdown Meter, but I doubt we'll ever see that.

-Graphics are much better than previous installments no matter what anyone says. Shelton and Flair look much less generic than they did last year. And with the CAW we saw today, it looks like CAWs won't look so generic either.

-Figure Four animation is the same, but something very weird. When Flair locks Benji in the Figure Four, instead of button mashing to escape, there's a slider that you have to get in a little escape window to break the hold. Very strange. And also, the person locking in the hold will get an occasional message "press X to apply pressure." Interesting.

-Lots of quick kick outs. Seems like less two counts after taking one punch (finally).

-One of Shelton's finishing moves is a Reverse DDT? I hope that's a beta thing. Hopefully you can still change their movesets again this year.

-You can roll over in the figure four and reverse the pressure! Very cool.

-Though it's generally really bad rock, I like the actual music in the background during matches. I hope you can use them as theme music, would make sense don't ya think?

-The ref finally counts like a real ref! No more, "ONE..(3 second pause)..TWO..(10 second pause)..THREE!"

-CPU match goes to a 15 minute draw with both men in pretty bad shape. So maybe it will be easier to have longer matches now, but I wouldn't bet too much on that one.

Well, glad to see they updated Shelton's attire, and it won't be like what we saw in the pics of him that were released. Unless he has two attires, but I doubt that.

But holy shit..what'd tehy do to his hair? They gave him some kind of weird, fade looking thing.

Edited by Media 2.0

Well, glad to see they updated Shelton's attire, and it won't be like what we saw in the pics of him that were released. Unless he has two attires, but I doubt that.

But holy shit..what'd tehy do to his hair? They gave him some kind of weird, fade looking thing.

I think everyone should have at least two outfits this time around, but that's wisful thinking. Didn't notice anything wrong with his hair, didn't pay that close attention though.

And as for the previous questions about Andre's theme music, I'm sure it's something made up like they did with No Mercy.

Cena/Orton/Triple H TLC match

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/542/5....html?fromint=1

And in one Triple H fills his heel meter, and uses it in another I've been told (haven't looked at them yet) so for those who want to see what exactly that is..

Him and Cena get in each others face and then HHH gives him a big lowblow. Nothing too incredible. I'd like to see what a face does.

Here's an idea for the next Smackdown game: In tag matches, instead of the guy on the apron having his Smackdown meter gradually increase, how about a hot tag meter? If it completely fills up and you make the tag, your partner comes in with increased speed and strength. The meter starts decreasing when they come in the ring and when it reaches zero, no more increased speed and strength.

Edited by Zero

Here's an idea for the next Smackdown game:  In tag matches, instead of the guy on the apron having his Smackdown meter gradually increase, how about a hot tag meter?  If it completely fills up and you make the tag, your partner comes in with increased speed and strength.  The meter starts decreasing when they come in the ring and when it reaches zero, no more increased speed and strength.

That's actually a terrific idea. I can imagine it now...

Friend: DUDE! TAG ME!

Me: No! Wait till your hot tag meter fills up, man!

Friend: COME ON!

Me: Just wait!

Friend: MAN! I'LL HOT TAG YOU!

Me: What?

*Fight*

in the pic with the theme music, why is Chris Benoit's theme locked?

I believe all those locked themes and stuff with have something to do with the fact it was a beta? And that the music for those guys..are either not input into the game yet (which I've heard from a few sites for some guys) or...well I believe that's the case. Something to do with it being a beta.

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/541/541877/vids_1.html

If it does it there...then I dunno. I just clicked on the WMV link and did the whole left click to download thing..then just right cilcked saved as...and I'm not an IGN member.

EDIt- if you clicked from here http://sports.ign.com/articles/541/541877p1.html?fromint=1 then yea, it gives you the insider thing. That's what I had meant by quicklinks.

Edited by Media 2.0

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/541/541877/vids_1.html

If it does it there...then I dunno. I just clicked on the WMV link and did the whole left click to download thing..then just right cilcked saved as...and I'm not an IGN member.

EDIt- if you clicked from here http://sports.ign.com/articles/541/541877p1.html?fromint=1 then yea, it gives you the insider thing. That's what I had meant by quicklinks.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Went through a couple of old IGN articles and it was confirmed that CAW's cannot be assigned voices. Which, in my opinion isn't that big of a loss since I don't think the voicework is going to be nearly as detailed as it sounds. In fact, I doubt there will be any voiceovers in the dialogue in season mode.

The licensed music from "real" artists better be assignable to CAWs... but I'm sure it won't. And for the love of Christ THQ, please put old themes in the game. If the WWE can sell the Anthology set with all those old themes, why the hell won't they let THQ put em in Smackdown?

Definitely like the cap on CAW attributes. Notice in the Eugene formula they posted that he is maxed out at a 7 in speed. Very good and keeps people from making unrealistic 10s across the board for their CAWs... hope this carries over into the actual wrestlers. Undertaker with a six in speed? Heh.

No Legends in season mode? That's gonna piss a lot of Foley and Rock fans off. Oh well, guess you'll just have to make a new Rock in CAW.

The Snapshot Feature has been sorely missed since CAW was created.

EDIT

Gamespot has posted a developer interview with Devon Newton and six new gameplay videos featuring a 6 man battle royal, hardcore match, and a new teaser trailer (see EDIT 3).

Edit #2

Lots of talk about Season mode in the interview... and I stand corrected on the season mode voiceovers, thats where it's used most prominently. And they did get voiceovers for everyone except the Legends (gee I wonder why Bret refused?)

Challenge mode sounds interesting. Kinda like Tony Hawk in a way where you have to complete a certain goal to win. One of the easy ones is complete two finishers in a match, but then in the Legend difficulty, you'd have to do something like make Bret Hart tap out to the Sharpshooter in an Iron Man Match. Or defeat Andre the Giant with Rey Mysterio. Yikes. 60 Challenges in all, once you clear all of them, you get a special extra that is only unlockable by doing that (let speculation begin).

Your actions in Season mode will determine whether you fight clean or dirty while in exhibition you always have a choice. Super moves for heel we saw was a low blow, but there are also brass knucks. A clean wrestler becomes invincible for 15 seconds or rather "Hulks Up." You can't be reversed and anything your opponent does will be reversed. Reminds me of No Mercy when the Attitude meter goes off.

Can hold your rope breaks for a five count and argue with the ref (I'm pretty sure we knew that last part).

Building off what I said in my post about the Royal Rumble match on IGN insider, you in fact CAN build your Ring Out meter back up with taunts and big moves. Thank God. But it is a button mashfest to get back into the ring when on the apron.

Mentions online, but nothing we don't already know. Still hoping for online season next year with the ability to create your own Feds with title belts. Would completely change the face of E-Feds.

Mostly just hype at the end, the video runs about 6:30, not a whole lot of new info, but helps if you haven't been keeping up so well.

EDIT #3

The teaser trailer I mentioned is not new though Gamespot has the date uploaded as 8/26. So ignore that.

Edited by Zero

Challenge mode sounds interesting.  Kinda like Tony Hawk in a way where you have to complete a certain goal to win.  One of the easy ones is complete two finishers in a match, but then in the Legend difficulty, you'd have to do something like make Bret Hart tap out to the Sharpshooter in an Iron Man Match.  Or defeat Andre the Giant with Rey Mysterio.  Yikes.  60 Challenges in all, once you clear all of them, you get a special extra that is only unlockable by doing that (let speculation begin).

It's obviously unlocking Sylvain Grenier. :pervert:

No Legends in season mode? That's gonna piss a lot of Foley and Rock fans off. Oh well, guess you'll just have to make a new Rock in CAW.

That sucks. Thats all there is to it, it sucks. If you can have CAWs in season, why not Legends? It' can't be because of the supposed individual storylines, because CAWs are useable. They are, aren't they?

That sucks. Thats all there is to it, it sucks. If you can have CAWs in season, why not Legends? It' can't be because of the supposed individual storylines, because CAWs are useable. They are, aren't they?