Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

RE: No legends in season

I could have sworn I remember reading an article or something on IGN.com that said due to the amount of feedback IGN and THQ received on the subject that the block had been removed and legends would infact be playable characters in season mode.

No Legends in season mode? That's gonna piss a lot of Foley and Rock fans off. Oh well, guess you'll just have to make a new Rock in CAW.

That sucks. Thats all there is to it, it sucks. If you can have CAWs in season, why not Legends? It' can't be because of the supposed individual storylines, because CAWs are useable. They are, aren't they?

CAWs are useable in Season from what I can gather based on this tidbit from IGN:

The only limitation is that when you create-a-wrestler you cannot assign a voice to him. In this respect, the game is more like Knights of the Old Republic, in that your character doesn't actually speak. In conversations, player made characters will have dialogue trees, but will say nothing aloud.

So your character will never do any of the actual talking it seems. Legends probably can't be put in because of their exaggerated attributes.

I could have sworn I remember reading an article or something on IGN.com that said due to the amount of feedback IGN and THQ received on the subject that the block had been removed and legends would infact be playable characters in season mode.

I've been looking through IGN's updates after they said no Legends in season and I can't find anything, but I could be overlooking it. I do hope you're right though.

• Admin

I've been looking through IGN's updates after they said no Legends in season and I can't find anything, but I could be overlooking it. I do hope you're right though.

I actually think it was posted on the forums, but as I'm not an "IGN Insider", I can't search :pinch:

I am an IGN Insider and I've been doing some forum searches, lots of people say THQ changed their minds but I haven't found anything official. All kinds of conflicting posts; some saying it will be just like HCTP, some saying you can use them but the CPU can't. So who knows.

EDIT

Aha, found it, straight from IGN.

The first bit of significant news today is that THQ has decided to allow players to control legends during season mode after all. It was definitely a sore spot for gamers when we announced it to be otherwise earlier this week, so the revelation that you'll be able to play with personalities such as Legend Undertaker during the season is one that naysayers are sure to appreciate. Keep in mind, however, that in order to use them, you'll need to unlock them first. Additionally, THQ is still unsure as to whether or not legends will be mixed in with regular opponents over the course of a given season like last year, or if they'll only be available as a player-controlled character.

Hope CAWs don't work like that.

EDIT #2

sports.ign.com has posted a new match for their play of the day feature, Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle in a submissions match. Enjoy.

Edited by Zero

Lame, i was hoping Eugene would be a playable character... i hate creating real wrestlers, as it's not the same.

Did you see IGN's CAW? It's spot on dude. The only thing that doesn't match is the lettering on the back of his jacket. It should be smaller, backwards and in cursive. Which are three things you could do with lettering in HCTP, so I'm sure you can in this installment as well. Oh and his TitanTron and Music won't be in the game, but I get tired of entrances after about the third time I play the game.

Now as for Eugene not being in the game, I don't understand why THQ didn't put him in. Unless they were nervous about the initial backlash that came towards the WWE after they debuted the character.

And I'm sorry PE, but that CAW looks almost perfect.

Eugene CAW

vs.

04.jpg

Beard's a little to thick on the CAW, and the hair isn't as wild, that's about it that can't be fixed yourself. The eyes could use some touching up on the CAW but that's all stuff you can do yourself. Granted, as I said, Eugene should be in the game. But to say a CAW isn't the same when you can make it look that close is just silly.