Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played this game for the first time today and I was not impressed. There were very few features that really interested me, nothing to compel me to buy this game though. The graphics really are not that much better than HCTP, not good enough to warrant a positive rating for this game. They took so many steps backward with this edition, and really subtracted alot more than they added.

Guest Downloading_Man

Back in the day I owned all WWF and WCW games. I thought the graphics (For the time) were awesome on Nitro. I still rated the WWF games above it though, but would flick between though two.

I then decided to get Thunder. Surely it would be like Nitro but better. No. I heard it had cage matches, and coupled with Bret Hart and Golberg being on it I had to own it. It was aweful. Absolutely aweful. Really really aweful. It was a disgrace of a game. Unless they did it deliberately I can't imagine how they could make such a pile of crap. I went back to the shop citing a faulty disc, and just asked for my money back.

Thankfully the SD series turned up. With just a few dips, it has kicked the ass of every other North American wrestling game. This new game (Which I will get), doesn't inspire confidence. I have never understood taking something out of a game unless it is totally essential (eg Wrestler leaves). Couple that with the lack of London, Kidman, Eugene, etc (But presence of several fired wrestlers), and the removal of a lot in season mode, and you have a recipe for people not liking the game.

Only thing I could think of...was if they had taken her out, then there'd only be Torrie to dance for the Smackdown menu. (I think that's stupid anyways, but whatever...I know some people who actually enjoy...polygonal tits :s) But why they couldn't just subsitute Miss Jackie..when they already have her parts in CAW though...I dont know.

What about DoR?

DoR might be enough to wrestle the mantle of worst wrestling game ever from WCW Thunder.

Buy one of the many returned copies for $20.

... you're joking, right?

No.

DoR provides a solid foundation of gameplay for future Gamecube wrestling titles to be based on.

FUCK THAT. For $75 I don't want a SOLID FOUNDATION FOR FUTURE GAMES, which is fucking bullshit anyway, I want a good fucking game. Money = good game. Shit game = wood chipper.

Granted it doesn't have much in terms of season mode (two very marginally different story mode paths)

It has fucking bullshit for a season mode. I finished it in sub 3 hours. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING REDICULOUS. Replay value? Oh, wait, it's exactly the same every single time you do it. They might as well have taken out the story mode and just replaced it with a picture of the Undertaker fingering you for being such a fucking dipshit to figure the story mode would be any good.

the in game mechanics are pretty damn good.

Are you high?

I actually rate the in ring game as being better than HCTP (although I haven't got SvR yet).

That's like saying that a movie is good because it's better then Showgirls.

DOR is the biggest waste of money you can find. I'd rather spend $70 to buy a hamster, cage, and some honey, and jam my honey coated penis into the cage to allow the hamster to slowly and agonizingly eat through it. In fact, I'd rather fuck a jar of acid then be forced to play DOR again. This game takes the fundaments of No Mercy's excellent targetted damage system and tones it down for remedial aid students, mixes it with the altogether arcadey Smackdown series, and then throws in the OMG SUPLEX KNOCKS OUT FIVE PEOPLE collison detection error that has plagued every single game in this series. The gameplay is still way too fucking simplistic for anyone but perenially wasted slacker teens with little to no depth of intelligence, as the system pretty much boils down to piledriver piledriver piledriver piledriver piledriver finisher DIE. Coupled with the annoyingly retarded instant no-sell of finishers, this game is pretty much just good nuggets of a game (the CAW, which is good, and reversing finishers, plus the awesome animations integrated into the still sub-par submission system) mixed with so much water and so much Smackdown slime that the gleaming gems that could be a good game are so fucking diluted that anyone who pays more then $20 for this game really got fucking screwed.

Edited by SeanDMan

That's Canadian.

EDIT: And that's how much it actually was, because I was going to buy it. I was smart enough to just rent it first, and it sucked the absolute ass.

Edited by SeanDMan

Guest Iron Mary

DOR is the biggest waste of money you can find. I'd rather spend $70 to buy a hamster, cage, and some honey, and jam my honey coated penis into the cage to allow the hamster to slowly and agonizingly eat through it. In fact, I'd rather fuck a jar of acid then be forced to play DOR again. This game takes the fundaments of No Mercy's excellent targetted damage system and tones it down for remedial aid students, mixes it with the altogether arcadey Smackdown series, and then throws in the OMG SUPLEX KNOCKS OUT FIVE PEOPLE collison detection error that has plagued every single game in this series. The gameplay is still way too fucking simplistic for anyone but perenially wasted slacker teens with little to no depth of intelligence, as the system pretty much boils down to piledriver piledriver piledriver piledriver piledriver finisher DIE. Coupled with the annoyingly retarded instant no-sell of finishers, this game is pretty much just good nuggets of a game (the CAW, which is good, and reversing finishers, plus the awesome animations integrated into the still sub-par submission system) mixed with so much water and so much Smackdown slime that the gleaming gems that could be a good game are so fucking diluted that anyone who pays more then $20 for this game really got fucking screwed.