Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up because even if I'm Andre the Giant going against Torrie Wilson I cant seem to survive 2 finishers  :P

Haha, I did that one as The Rock going against Chuck Palumbo, it was a long match, but not *too* tricky

The challenges were a good sidegame from the main season, but I hate the one where you need to reverse a finisher. I spent a whole weekend trying to do this and it just wasn't for happening. I thought I was being a bit sneaky, when I reversed RVD's Five Star Frog Splash, but it didn't count. I reversed Beefcake's Sleeperhold (admittedly it was stopping the bar in the 'reverse' slider) but it didn't count. I finally managed to do it with Rock's Rock Bottom the normal way but it didn't count, even thought the requirements were fullfilled.

suspect it may be because that was the only challenge that I attempted with my CAW >_<

The only challenge I've beaten is use two finishers in a match.

I didn't even know I was doing it either. I was just playing a normal match in Exhibition mode, and I did 2 chokeslams to Legend Undertaker.

Weird.

this game is a good update . but it took 2 steps forward and 1 step back . The voice overs are ok but by god they need to put a little effort into it. the season tooka step back also . the rest of the things are imroved imo . they removed some things from caw mode but its still top notch. For the next game they should either scrap the vice overs and add more wrestlers or work on the voice overs and commentary so that it sounds realistic.

commentary is fine I guess. I have my volume down to the point where I can only hear the music. I usually have my stereo on while playing any video game, so yeah.

Voice-overs suck ass. I just don't care for them. They sound to forced, and the only decent voice over I've heard so far is Cena and Torrie. That's just weird. Also, I hate the way they never say the name of the character your using. I was using Rob Van Dam, and they never said his name once, except for in the entrances.

The story mode is okay I guess. I only play it to gain money and buy everything in the Shopzone. I've only gotten Hart & 'Taker so far though. Bought some attributes and move-sets. On a side-note, I made a funny rip off of Stone Cold, called Steven Austen. Funny stuff.

Anyways, the story mode relies waaay to much on the divas. I mean, what the fuck? I was wrestling at WrestleMania, and I was in a 3 way triple threat ladder match, trying to win fucking Trish Stratus? And her panties were above the ring? What? I already have 2 managers? Like I need another? But then I won the match, and I supposedly had sex with Trish.

I was half-expecting Mae Young to pop out when Trish said "close your eyes". But she stripped. Yay. Pixel sex. Joy.

Overall, the only thing I enjoy is exhibition. The challenge mode will probably keep the replay value up for me, but that's about it. Season mode is way to generic, and it only lasts a year. I miss SmackDown! 1 where the Season Mode lasted forever.

Yeah. Overall, I'd give it a 6/10. Just to many negatives to even enjoy the positives. Plus, fuck JBL. I can't beat him. Period. It was hard enough beating 'Taker with RVD, but JBL? What the hell?

EDIT: I just made a spiffy WCW World Title... but I don't know how to defend it. How do I defend it, damnit. Can you only defend it in Exhibiton? Create A PPV? Season? Help me.

Edited by Tristof

I don't like the season mode too much, but only because I was using my CAW in the Royal Rumble. It was down to me, Kane, and Batista, and I was eliminated very cheaply, IMO. I didn't even get a chance to save myself from getting eliminated with that ring meter or whatever its called. I threw my controller in disgust and turned off the game.

Other than that, I liked the game. I'll probably end up buying it if it comes down a few $ in price.

I don't like the season mode too much, but only because I was using my CAW in the Royal Rumble. It was down to me, Kane, and Batista, and I was eliminated very cheaply, IMO. I didn't even get a chance to save myself from getting eliminated with that ring meter or whatever its called. I threw my controller in disgust and turned off the game.

Other than that, I liked the game. I'll probably end up buying it if it comes down a few $ in price.

What they did the body press thing? If so, that's not really that cheap though, considering they do it in real life, but it would be better if they had some kind of, thing where you had the possibility of staying on the apron. And if not, and they just threw you over, well that's because you were in red. So yea, makes sense.

Yeah Magus, that happens. Off the top of my head, one time HBK had just entered the ring, and everyone was busy so I grabbed him in an attempt to wear him down. I threw him over the ropes, and when I grabbed him for the button bashing thingy, it just punched him off. His body was perfect condition and his meter was full, so I guess it's just random. :\

Button mashing should rot in hell though. I was just playing a Rumble normally for fun, and in that one Rumble, I ended up with a blister on my thumb from trying to be eliminated :(

I despise Royal Rumbles in this game. They are the Devil. I can't get the hang of them at all.

Also, challenges that require you to reverse 10 or more strikes/grapples are equally irritating.

Yeah Magus, that happens.  Off the top of my head, one time HBK had just entered the ring, and everyone was busy so I grabbed him in an attempt to wear him down.  I threw him over the ropes, and when I grabbed him for the button bashing thingy, it just punched him off.  His body was perfect condition and his meter was full, so I guess it's just random.  :\

Button mashing should rot in hell though.  I was just playing a Rumble normally for fun, and in that one Rumble, I ended up with a blister on my thumb from trying to be eliminated :(

It's not entirely random, it's based on character strength. For example, Rey on the outside, Big Show comes over to eliminate him, no struggle. It doesn't happen everytime, so it is a little random, but it only happens with that kind of strength/size mismatch - which would explain HBK's sharpish exit.

Hm, I suppose that does make sense.

I tried making the old WWF World Title, but I can't get a centerplate that looks normal. The best I can do is a huge eagle thing that doesn't look right. Since I haven't saw the belt in god knows how long, it probably is right and I'm just stupid :P

EDIT : How do you do that thing with Kane/Big Show/etc where they gorilla press slam you over the ropes?

Edited by Kaney

You use your toe-kick, and press either O + LEFT, or O and DOWN...

And I absolutely hate all the button mashing features of the game. It's supposed to be based on technique, yet to successfully make somebody tap to the Crippler Crossface you're forced to smash a button as hard as you can, over and over again? And when I'm playing on Legend difficulty mode, I find the button mashing impossible to pull off.

instead 9of button mashin you can changed hte control layout and use the analog sticks for the submissions. just move them in circles as fast as possible. alot easier on the fingers imo

Well, I updated the finishers of just about everybody, so for me it's just a simple case of L1. Normally though, I'd say it was Triangle to get him running, then O + any of the four directional buttons. I can't remember, so just experiment with all four.

It's not. Me being one of those types who never bother with manuals, took ages to realise that the only running grapples now are O+Up or O+Down. O+Left is Irish Whip while O+Right is go-behind-thingermajigger.

instead 9of button mashin you can changed hte control layout and use the analog sticks for the submissions. just move them in circles as fast as possible. alot easier on the fingers imo

I didn't know that, thats a pretty good tip. Hopefully it works with Rumbles too :P