Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Am I the only one who finds match's with created guys to be so much harder this time round? Not moaning, I think that's a good thing. Just it's so hard to win your first few match's in a season if you ask me. Loving it though, much more of a challenge this time round. I'm pretty happy with the storylines so far too. I started as my created guy(Johnny Perfect) and straight away got into a feud with Dupree over Torrie Wilson. After me and Torrie getting together he got super pissed and beat me shitless in a match on Smackdown. The week after we fought over Torrie in a LMS match at Judgement Day, which is managed to win despite it taking ages to actually get the referee to count the ten count on him. So yeah, I've got Torrie as my manager now. Buh Buh kicked my ass in a hardcore match backstage and afterwards Angle came to me and promised he had some main event set up for me, so here's hoping I'm going to get a string of good match's within time. Really enjoying it so far!

Also Media, just noticed the backstage area. Buh Buh did a beatdown and we had a backstage hardcore match in a pretty large area. Looking pretty cool, least they got a ladder backstage :)

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dakendo

Hmm. I'm kinda confused here. There's no way I'm gonna buy SVR with my own money, but should I get it for Christmas? However, for the same price I could probably snag two or three indy DVDs.

I think I'll go with the DVDs, this doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table, apart from little things. No London, no place on the Christmas list.

I wouldn't buy it after having rented it, but I wouldn't be too annoyed if I got it as a gift or something. It's njoyable in quick little matches, but you can't sit down for an hour or so with it without getting bored :\

The season mode was kinda boring. It seemed like the same thing over again, with different people. I must have fought at least 7 different triple threat matches through the whole 'year' under the same circumstances. The only highlight was, during my reign as Heavyweight Champ with Kane, having Triple H tell me my plan to attack someone was stupid, and that he'd be better doing it.

I haven't bothered with CAW, since all the mvoes etc was still locked until you get every Legend, so I can't really comment on it. I've not really saw that many new moves though. I did see the F5 in CAMoveset, but it was called the Cyclone, for some reason.

The mini-games are annoying, since it never seems to work for me in anything except stare-down, the computer usually always beats me, even though I press the button as soon as it appears :\

The clean/dirty bars aren't up to much either. For some reason, you can't be an effective heel high-flyer. Doing diving moves of any sort increases your clean meter, or decreases your heel meter, so it'd be hard to play as a heel Rey Mysterio for example, while on the other hand, the clean meter is pretty much useless unless you happen to be in a match with more than one opponent at a time. You'd normally be reversing anyway, so 'invincibility' is useless in a single match. Especially if, as one of the challenges require you to do, you want to reverse a finisher, since it's impossible to be set up for it. Compared to the dirty meter which gives you temporarily unlimited finisher-level-strength low blows for EVERY grapple you do.

The menu screens are pretty embarassing as well. Theres nothing more sad that having to watch a computer-image female gyrate next to every menu, especially when someone walks by >_<

Guest Downloading_Man

I got the game the other day, and I must say I'm dissapointed. So much is locked, and things seem to be very expensive.

Challenge mode is good, but I'd rather it was a seperate mode, to make it seem more like a challenge, rather than something to try and fit into your matches.

Only getting Snuka, and Piper was also a letdown, although I'm glad they seem to be lightening up about deceased wrestlers in the game (Hawk, Andre...erm Taker <_< ). I would have prefered Foley to Mankind (ie Mankind, Cactus & Dude Love), even if the changes were just different costumes. I like the fact Andre is classed as an "Ultra Heavyweight", putting him in his own class. (But why is Bubba a lightweight)

I had to buy all the movesets to find the SSP for my CAW (And Kidman when I make him). Also the Styles clash is still really weak.

To really start buying things you need to do season mode....but it sucks. Challenge mode is OK, but you need to move onto a sustainable points source. It is the same story every time (at least that I have played). There is just no forking of the storylines.

My biggest complaint though is the way CAWs are dealt with. They have totally screwed up the costumes (I cannot re-create many of my old CAWs), the stats (2 for everything) are rubbish, and it isn't cheap to upgrade them. (unless you cheat and copy them from memory card to memory card :thumbsup: ). The fact you still can't downgrade stats, can also make creating people a slow process. Unless you create a "base/template" wrestler with reasonable stats, you have to either be too high in certain areas, or start from 2 again.

Create a belt is stupidly expensive. I'll buy one eventually, but with so much locked it is a massive amount to ask.

I'll still be playing it as much as possible, but it could have been so much better.

In my opinion SvR gets a dissapointing (But not shameful) 7.5-8/10

Also the Styles clash is still really weak.

Is it the same (IMO) crappy animation? I've not managed to unlock that, and looks like I won't, since I gave the rental back yesterday :P

heh....gotta love Codebreaker.

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had those cheats, but they don't work on my AR2V2 :crying:

Guest apeschris0

I've been addicted to SDvsRAW since I got it, 6 minutes after it was recieved by my local GameStop! Yay!

Man I had this huge 1 on 1 cage match. I was Triple H against Randy Orton and I won after 45 minutes of grueling playtime.

Also, my friend Andrew and I played against eachother in a 1 1/2 hour 6-man elimination tag team match, which I [not] fairly won. I was Evolution and he made the stupid choices of Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy and Tajiri. Funny, 'cause Tajiri was last!

This game is only fun on single player if you play on 'normal'/'hard' difficulty like me. If you're a hardcore SmackDown! gamer, the 'Legend' difficulty is sure to be like 'normal' difficulty to the average gamer.

So this game gets my perfect 10....

Edited by apeschris0

Triple threat matches in this game are the most annoying things on the planet. You basically have to execute and bury your opponents because just giving them a finisher when their entire body is in red just doesn't seem to get the job done anymore. The triple threat match in Season mode (which happens every time) to my luck by an act of Satan was turned into a triple threat match. A good 45-50 minutes of pummeling Kane and Randy Orton did basically nothing as I hit each with Superkicks (I was Shelton Benjamin) then tried to ascend the cage. But like clockwork the first one that got kicked was back up to run into the cage like a retard at full speed and I fell off. I on the other hand took substantially more time to recover from the gay Eddie Guerrero move (and if you played Here Comes The Pain you know what I mean) than they did from either of my finishers. Eventually I got luck that they locked up for about a minute and Orton hit an RKO on Kane then got stuck in a glitch. But in closing, if triple threat matches come up in your seasons, and you don't have an hour to burn...save it for another time or just plain skip it.

• 2 weeks later...

i 've had the game for about a week now and i must say I'm surprised. its better than i was told all the reviews and such make it seem sit when its really not. yes its a step back from hctp , but its still fun. I like the little minigames such as the chop battles , and this time aroudn i find the computer actually challenging. I'm disappointed with the season but . the voice overs were a big mistake (if they left them out more stuff could fit on the game). I'm loving caw and create a belt and the challenges are fun too.

as far as triple threats their pretty easy. just focus on on part of the body. my caw is a submissionist and over all technical wrestler. I have several moves that i use to weaken the leg 2 of them being the el paso 1 i beleive(the one where you do the hurricanrana then lock the leg) and the trailer hitch. my main finisher is the triple H death lock and my secondary is the complete shot.

in triple threats just work over the same guy as much as you can. so far in my season i've only had 1 win by pinfall the rest has been by submission.

anyone gotten used to the caw mode yet. i really like it but I'm having a hard time getting the body figures right on some of my caws. I'm looking for some good ROH and Tna caws so hopefully i cna have a big inter fed ppv

I played this with a mate, and wasn't going to get it. Then, I passed a shop in town yesterday, and saw 'OFFER OF THE WEEK - Smackdown vs. Raw just £24.99'. At that price I might as well right? Wrong. Its awful. I didn't like the last game, but this is worse.

- Its still ridiculously easy, and I never feel like I may actually loose, on the hardest difficulty setting

- It plays soooooo slowly. I practically fall asleep in matches. Sometimes the CPU just walks right across the ring and back for no reason, or you press to lock up, and their is a pause for a second or two and nothing happens.

- The Submission system is awful. Firstly type A submissions (the button bashing bar), why does it get harder to move the bar on higher difficulties? Its like being punished for being good at the game. You can either have the luxury of being able to submit people, but play on a setting a week old foetus could beat, or play on a harder setting, but not make people tap. Then, type B submissions- well, whats the point in having two types? And why are Benoit and Jericho's Crossface/Walls of Jericho finishers type A, but Flair's figure 4 is type B?

- You cant change rosters or edit face/heel at the start of season mode. Why?

- Roster is awful. Ok, my fav game in the SD! series was SD!2. It was arcade wrestling done well, not this weird half arcade, half sim hybrid we get now, but moreover, then roster was HUGE. It was impossible to get bored with the 'same old matches' because you could NEVER run out of possibilities. The roster was awesome, and created so many possible match-types, and made the game a lot better, because you could not get bored with the same wrestlers. The roster on this is awful. They barely made an effort at all, and I'm practically bored of 'same old matches' already. And their is absolutley NO excuse for such a shite roster. Make an effort please! Why do I want to play as a random legend if I cant play as someone one TV now?

- Create a PPV mode. I was looking forward to this like hell. Firstly you get some good options like what arena you want, announcers etc. Then you book matches. So far so good. Then it generates a hype video for your Main Event. Excellent. Then you get an awesome 'Tale of the Tape' screen for each matches. Great. Play/Sim/Watch all the matches whatever. And thats it............ Now, SD2 gave you % ratings for each match, and an overall one for PPV, It listed the top 10 matches and events of all time - it was like a simplistic TEW. Where have they gone???? Part of the fun was trying to make better matches and better PPV shows. And its gone - thats the only reason why I'd play the mode, so the entire mode has been rendered utterly POINTLESS because your segments/shows aren't rated. Fucking pointless waste of time.

- I spent ages searching for challenge mode. Realised that it must just be a series of goals you have to achieve in exhibition/Season mode. But where is a list of these challenges? Where? How the fuck am I supposed to know what the fuck to do? Make it a proper game mode next time

Very poor game.

Tim, i think your being a bit hard on the game overall. Challenge mode is in shopzone in the main menu, it tells you all the goals. So yeah....ya know...Don't bitch about shit unless you've actually figured every thing out. And the reason why the roster is smaller as THQ has said is cause they tried to enhance the look of the wrestlers in the game and their graphics as well as give them their own type of moveset that is custom and different then others. And thus they couldn't add as many as before. Though i do find it laughable you are saying SD! #2 is better then this. Grranted this isn't too good compared to HCTP but to say the second SD! was better then this is not only foolish but shows you don't know what in the world your rambling about. Maybe it was your friend's game too on the CPU note as i've never found it when playing it to be slow or do jack shit.

Oh also the submission system was made to be more of a challenge and i love how you say it's so easy to beat and yet you complain that you can't tap people out in the tougher modes. That's the point of them to make it HARDER for you to do things and to give you a CHALLENGE. Sounds like to me you just want to bitch about it. As you claim it doesn't give you a challenge you want, then one thing in the game does you bitch it's stupid and too hard.

I'm saying its harder to make people tap - its still piss easy to beat them by pinfall on the harder settings, but being able to get a submission would be nice, there is no need for extremes as Rock Box Said. I actually said that, and explained the whole point if you'd bothered reading.

I also explained exactly why I enjoyed SD!2 more at the time, and backed my opinion up with some examples, rather than make a random statement with no attempt to back it up.

Gameplay > Graphics.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SimonStarr

Its particulary easy to get a type A submission even on the Legend difficulty if you know how to do it. You don't just mash the 4 action buttons, you rotate the directional pad at the same time. As long as your submission skills are relatively good, you'll get them to tap.