Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Just go to the editor, then the competition you want, select the team you want to move out, click swap and choose the team you want in its place. Simple as that.

However, it does lead to Wigan and West Ham being in 1st and 5th place in the Scottish Premier league :shifty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my Arsenal season powered on and I managed to reach the semi finals of the FA Cup and the UEFA cup. However on both occasions my squad had worn thin and I didn't have enough to take that extra step to the final. I did however have enough to be in third place with two matches left in the league with me, Chelsea and Liverpool all still in with a chance at the title. I had the rather favourable run in of Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday so I went top after the first game and stayed there after the second :D

Scouring the expring contracts I saw Michael Owen, Ewerthon and Emile Mpenza who I signed up along with Sebastian Diesler and some young Swiss left back from Chelsea. Once the transfer window opened again though I ran into the same trouble as last year, in came the floods of loan offers for my new signings. This time I manged to make 16.5m on loaning people out. With it I signed Glen Johnson (5m) and Vincent Kompany (10m).

Personally I feel kinda guilty about doing it, I mean I signed dAllesandro on a free and he won't have played a single game for me in two years. The trouble is that I am compelled to be more business manager than football manager. If I see that my club is losing money I feel compelled to sort it so I start slashing wages and shipping out players left and right. So when people are offering me 1m to loan one of my backups and pay his wages all year I can't help but accept.

I'm well into my Championship season with Doncaster. We're topping the table thanks to my awesome transfers. Almost all of them scored on their debuts, and if not, their second game. Beaten only once so far, and I'm being rated as favourite over 'Promotion Contenders' prior to my matches.

I also asked to board to expand the stadium and improve the facilities. AND THEY AGREED. First time for me, EVER.

I officially love the salary/tranfer budget choices at the start of each season. I have about £150K a week for wages, so I have awesome back-up if I need it, as well as a great team, and a bunch of 'this player shows great potential' youngsters, most of them on loan.

I feel good, do-do-do-do-do-dodo. Knew that I might, do-do-do-do-do-dodo. I feeeel good, do-do-do-do-do-dodo. Now I'm not shite, do-do-do-do-do-dodo. So good! Do-do! So good! Do-do! Now I'm not shiiiite.

And I have Scotland topping their European Qualifying Group beating teams like Portugal, Romania, others.

*resumes singing and dancing*

I'm bloody frustrated with the number of late fight backs my Stevenage team seem to be the victims of, we time waste we play deeper and don't play as gung ho yet still we find ourselves letting 2/3 goal leads slip in the final third. Help me :'(

I'm bloody frustrated with the number of late fight backs my Stevenage team seem to be the victims of, we time waste we play deeper and don't play as gung ho yet still we find ourselves letting 2/3 goal leads slip in the final third. Help me :'(

With a gung-ho mentality, I find it defeats the object if you time-waste, because you are bascially not taking chances that you had intended to create by employing such a style. What other factors are there? What's the formation? Do they tire quickly? Are you passing directly or making shorter passes? What width do you play?

It may just be the fact that you change the style of play at the quarter-mark. If it's not broke, don't fix it, you know what I mean? Have faith in the team. If you constantly attack, then they can't exactly fight back, can they? You've got to continuously pressurize teams sometimes to get the desired result.

If you do choose to go defensive though, what always works for me is to have a holding midfielder to make the link from defence to attack. Have them play in a free role with a defensive mentality and let everyone else do their jobs. This way, you don't have to change things too much but have that cover.

It also helps to play counter attack in such a situation where you are getting it from them. That way, even if it amounts to nothing, you've got rid of the ball.

Plus, what you say at half-time has an effect. If you are winning at half-time and you tell them all you're pleased or estatic or whatever, then they get complacent and end up throwing it. You need to be vague or not say anything. That way, they don't just leave it and they get on with the game.

I joined Newcastle in the Premiership (finally, I'm there!) after they fired Souness (this is before it happened in real life).

They were in a relegation spot, but I've been doing very well, scoring four goals per game pretty frequently against all teams, and I even knocked Chelsea out of the FA Cup (only to lose to Man United later). Despite doing so well, I'm still not that far away from relegation. It seems even awesome teams can't stay up, because ALL of the EPL teams are now awesome. Cardiff are somehow 2nd behind Chelsea as well, after they signed all of the prodigies I left behind at Wrexham (the cunts).

I've lost count of how many times I've played against players I signed to my old clubs, only for them to score against me. It's as if the game knows it'll really piss me off. I always feel like 'THAT'S MY GUY YOU CUNTS'. *sigh*

I also applied for the Rangers job after McLeish finally got sacked (Rangers were 4th). They rejected me, and who did they appoint? The old Celtic manager Hugo Quinones (or something Spanish like that), a guy who Celtic sacked for being shit. I felt so insulted, but then got the Newcastle job. They won't resist me next time. <_<

I also signed Van Nistelrooy and Drogba for Newcastle, and when I joined they had two forwards. John Collins (regen) and Collins John (I shit you not). What are the chances of that happening? I've seen David Stevenson and Steven Davidson in the same team and stuff like that, but this is a new one. There's also a regen called Craig Craig, which is kind of funny.

I'm pretty sure I'll save Newcastle from being relegated again (they got promoted from the Championship last season).

Oh fuck yeah. You have no idea how fucking pissed off I was when we didn't score the penalty before extra time. But we eventually beat them, and rightly so.

Turns out Man United knocked me out of the Carling Cup, not the FA Cup. Chamone. I play them in the FA Cup Final though. <_<

I also finished 14th place in the league. I honestly wonder how the fuck Souness managed to get into relegation with a team like that (which I've really only been able to improve a bit, with Cris, Nilsson, some others not on the screen).