Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I played till 2013 in my old Liverpool game, and I remember that I was offering Bolton up to £20m for Vaz Te. He does become a great player.

-

So, whilst taking the chance of building up this Real Madrid side with young players I faced the possibility of being sacked. Klinsmann has beat me to the last three La Liga titles, I think it's finally Madrid's year.

I've got the Mexico job, which I'm delighted about. Mexico are ranked 6th in the world, and have some amazing young players.

Edited by Lost Soul

Vaz Te does become amazing though. In my game as Bolton, he became a superstar, so did Kevin Nolan and Joey O'Brien.

I'm a good 3 seasons in and the guy could barely knock out a good wank, let alone score a goal, infact the Angolan 33 year old seems to be my key man, oh well I'll send out my scouts and hope to find something unexpected.

im now starting 2010/2011 season with villarreal have won 4 league titles, 4 copae del reys, 3 suppacoppas, 1 uefa super cup, 2 world club championships and 2 champions league titles.

here is my squad

GK - Chris Kirkland, Libis Arenas, Kameni (hopefully joining this week)

Defence - Nik Besagno, Vincent Kompany, Gonzalo Pineda, Juan Pablo Sorin, Sindre Loe Bing, Edilson, Anthony Vanden Borre, Karl Svensson, Billy Jones

Midfield - Momo Sissoko, Owen Hargreaves, Sulley Ali Muntari, Wesley Sneijder, Freddy Adu, Juan Roman Riquelme, Tom Huddlestone

Forward - Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Cesar Delgado, Lukas Podolski, Kerlon, Hugo Almeida, Josmer Altidore

Although I am selling Almeida, Jones, Delgado, Muntari and Svensson soon. Sorin has 1 year left before he retires and Arenas is going to go out on loan.

I'd assume that the three numbers are the amount of Red Blue or Green in each colour. The first set of three would be the primary colour of the kit and the second set the secondary colour.

Just a guess.

My second season is over. I managed to hold on to win the Championship, but the real story of my season was an awesome win the FA Cup, ending up beating Blackburn 4-3 in the final. Luckily, the biggest sides I had to play were Villa and Blackburn, but managed to scrape by them. I have about 6 or 7 players retiring this summer, so the jump to the Premiership is going to be interesting as I need to build a whole new squad. I only have £800,000 to spend until I get the new budget come in, but my finances are only sitting on £6million so I doubt I'll be getting a lot. Time to search for the free transfers and bargain buys again.....

I reiterate my love for Kevin Phillips. After signing him in January for £60,000 he went on to score at least one goal in every single game through to th e end of the season, and finish with 25 goals in 20 games. I editted his stats together and included them below.

post-119-1153399756_thumb.jpg

post-119-1153399756_thumb.jpg

Playing a game as Newcastle, and the January transfer window's coming up. Chelsea want Owen, and I could probably get 40m+ for him. Should I sell him? I get 75% of my transfer revenue, so I'd have plenty to buy new players, but Shearer's retiring, and I've no other great strikers, plus the really big players don't want to come to Newcastle.

Help :(

• Admin

Concerning my skin pack:

I'm currently in the process of downloading new skins, and I'd like to remove the ones that were liked least. If possible, could anyone who used it say what they liked and what they didn't, so I can get the new version out ASAP.

Thanks.

Fuck Blackburn.

I had a nice team going at Cittadella (after a few years at San Marino (the country)), just got them to Serie C1/A, when Blackburn (now of the Championship, in 2009) offer me the job, with a promise of £1.7 million to spend. So I accept, and what do I get?

60k.

60. Fucking. K.

Luckily, I've got Dudek in goal, Zamora and Bellamy up front and Hugo Viana in midfield, so it's not like we're shit. But still... £1.7mil was a bit of a fucking lie, wasn't it Mr Williams?

I just can't get this Madrid side playing good at all. We have a fantastic squad, but throw away stupid bloody games. It annoys me to no end. It's not as if I'm a bad manager, I did win the SPL, CIS cup and Scottish Tennents cup. :shifty:, with Rangers. Inter have offered me a chance to leave and go there, I'm not sure what to do, and Klinsmann has pwned me the last three seasons.

Righty ho, started on some more kits!

For anyone who missed out on the new Custom Premiership Kits, you can get em here

Now into Championship 12/13, you can download the full pack here.

Aldershot

aldershot.png

Bournemouth

bournemouth.png

Bristol City

bristolcity.png

Burnley

burnley.png

Charlton

charlton.png

Crystal Palace

cpalace.png

Derby

derby.png

Fulham

fulham.png

Gillingham

gillingham.png

Huddersfield

huddersfield.png

Hull

hull.png

Leicester

leicester.png

Luton

luton.png

Norwich

norwich.png

Nottingham Forrest

nottforest.png

Portsmouth

portsmouth.png

Preston

preston.png

Sheff Wed

sheffwed.png

Sheff Utd

sheffutd.png

Tranmere

tranmere.png

Walsall

walsall.png

West Brom

wba.png

West Ham

westham.png

Wolves

wolves.png

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Well my reign at Madrid is over. It was a disaster if I am honest. We won the Copa Del Rey, so that slightly makes up for my three years there. Disappointed not to have beat Klinsmann's Barcelona side to the La Liga title. Anyway, I needed money to do something, well to try and do something. I gave an ultimatum. It worked at Sociedad, but not at Madrid. Out of a job, I head into the Gold cup with Mexico.

We get to the finals, and we're beat by Brazil 4-2. The AC Milan job comes up, I apply, and I get it. I'm given a transfer budget of £126m. However, I can't go out and waste the majority of it on a big name. This squad needs serious work done to it. They've won the last two league titles, and are currently nine points behind Roma. We're sitting in 4th. They have alot of their 2006 players still here, all aged around 33-35, and older. I need no less than five new players in the summer; a striker, central midfielder, left back, goalkeeper and a defensive midfielder.

That's my update.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Fizzle: I'm not familiar with Englislgslgsh buisnesses so I'd just say BONUS Electrical for Hull. But since they've had that forever you pick something sexy.

AND IT BETTER BE SEXY.