Champions League Thread

AJ

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want Chelsea to win anything in England, as they are Fulham's direct rivals.

However, if they did because they played good football for the most part (i.e. last year), then fair play to them.

In Europe though, I'd rather have an English team win it, and Chelsea probably have the most English players who command a semi-regular place in thier team/squad out of the remaining 3 English teams, so I'd like to see them do well, yeah.

I do get that some people who don't like a team domestically won't want to see them do well in Europe, but my mentality is just different, I guess :P

Edited by rvdwannabe

I wanted Newcastle to win the UEFA Cup last season, or the season before, when they done well and I think they lost to PSV. Sure, it would expose the UEFA Cup as being absolutely and utter shit but England need to assert their dominance at the top of the Footballing ladder.

You could say that's part revenge for Chelsea skanking Barcelona last year. Jose was fine when Valdes was held back and not able to save the winning goal, which was a blatant foul. Sure, that was last season, but it's hilarious how Jose starts moaning now and yet is fine when things go his way. Very happy to see Chelsea lose, hopefully they get smashed in the return leg just to prove they're not as good as they believe.

Werder must have done good. Never see the game, sounds as if they were the better team though. Going into Turin though, so that's a bit of a plus I suppose. Not anything major hard, but it's never going to be easy.

Happy to see Rangers get a draw as well. For some reason I'd actually like to see them get into the next round as well. It'll be a tough second leg though.

Stop overcritizing Jose. Jesus, you complain that he complains when they don't do well and is happy when they do even if there were dubious decisions.

There's always dubious decisions and how many managers come out and say something like "We played well but were extremely lucky to get the win, so many of our decisions went our way when they shouldn't have."

Give me a break.

You could say that's part revenge for Chelsea skanking Barcelona last year. Jose was fine when Valdes was held back and not able to save the winning goal, which was a blatant foul. Sure, that was last season, but it's hilarious how Jose starts moaning now and yet is fine when things go his way. Very happy to see Chelsea lose, hopefully they get smashed in the return leg just to prove they're not as good as they believe.

Werder must have done good. Never see the game, sounds as if they were the better team though. Going into Turin though, so that's a bit of a plus I suppose. Not anything major hard, but it's never going to be easy.

Happy to see Rangers get a draw as well. For some reason I'd actually like to see them get into the next round as well. It'll be a tough second leg though.

They are that good, actually.

And are you on drugs? OF COURSE a manager is gonna be pissed when things go against him and quiet about it when they go for him. EVERY MANAGER DOES IT.

Stop being a stupid cock, seriously.

Not every manager does it. When it's a blatant foul of holding the keeper back, you don't sit and deny it totally and act all cocky like Jose. Yet this time around, it's a reversed decision and suddenly everything is wrong. All Jose does is moan. Yes, he's a great manager, but I detest the side of him which is cocky and constant whining.

His little interview about how he should send his B Team to Barcelona was downright pathetic too. He's basically saying that Chelsea will be skanked again, so there's no point in pushing out their full team in the next leg. He moans way too much when things don't go his way.

And yes, they are THAT good. However, they're not the best like they seem to believe.