Champions League Thread

AJ

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And once again, Rangers are cheated out of Europe. But at least we were still the better team.

Away goals can go suck the extremely large one.

Rangers don't always get cheated out of Europe...they are usually just too shit to go through.

And away goals make sense, whether you or IAceI like them.

EDIT: Plus from the sounds of the way your fans acted, you didn't deserve any luck.

Edited by HGwannabe

good god someone make that this dident happen.... *snif*

I'm so happy. Emerson the saviour, that was major close though.

How does Ronaldinho do it? He's just out of this world. Brilliant performance from him tonight. Chelsea did pretty damn good though, never gave up. Jose moaning at everything, what a surprise.

It's a joy to see that result though. Amazing crowd and while not high scoring, another awesome game between these two. Nice to see Barcelona get their revenge and I don't really know who's going to stop them now.

good god someone make that this dident happen.... *snif*

I'm so happy. Emerson the saviour, that was major close though.

How does Ronaldinho do it? He's just out of this world. Brilliant performance from him tonight. Chelsea did pretty damn good though, never gave up. Jose moaning at everything, what a surprise.

It's a joy to see that result though. Amazing crowd and while not high scoring, another awesome game between these two. Nice to see Barcelona get their revenge and I don't really know who's going to stop them now.

And once again, Rangers are cheated out of Europe. But at least we were still the better team.

Rangers don't always get cheated out of Europe...they are usually just too shit to go through.

EDIT: Plus from the sounds of the way your fans acted, you didn't deserve any luck.

Edited by The Kraig

Rangers have almost always had shitty refereeing decisions in their European games. Except that year when they they went out in like, the first round, because they were fucking shit.

Away goals are always a pretty poor way of determining a winner of any game.

And I'm assuming there was a mini-riot because they decided to not sell the final 3000 tickets, despite there being thousands of fans outside, who travelled from all over the world to be there. What you're trying to say is that all Rangers fans deserve to suffer because of a select few. Kind of like saying all Arabs are suicide bombers, and should be treated as such. It was apparently 15 (drunk) people that attacked the bus, and a bottle broke a window on the bus. It's not like anyone died.

I'm not saying all your fans should suffer, I'm just saying that your fans attacked the Villareal team bus. It's disgusting, and non-justifiable (...yet you still tried to justify it....), no matter how many fans did it, and if it comes down to it, perhaps you didn't deserve any luck because of an incident like that, karma and all that (...I know it is tenuous of me to say that, but I think fan hooliganism on any level is disgusting..). So no, not like saying all arabs are suicide bombers, but put words in my mouth, thats fun.

Away goals make sense, because otherwise both teams would stick 10 men in front of thier goals on away legs, and then try and win it at home. Away goals actually make games entertaining, because a team can take a risk and press away from home. People complain about penalties, but without the away goal, you'd probably get more games going to penalties, which people would complain about as well, as some people are never satisfied.

And every team in Europe whinge about the decisions that go against them, it's football, and it happens. I'm sure anyone could dissect any game and note all the wrong decisions there are, but it's pointless. Unless there is a massive miscarriage of justice, it's swings and roundabouts, and there will be games where you get the lion's share of the decisions. No need for the melodramatic "cheated out of Europe" response.

Edited by HGwannabe

Josie is one of the worst things to happen to English football, period. I don't really give a pile of diarrhetic camel shit what you think my opinion is worth, I think Josie is a cunt and I am glad Chelsea are out of the cup.

And it's funny - which team beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup? And which team came to Stamford Bridge and came away without being beaten? And, just remind me, which OTHER team complained about Chelsea's pitch being sand?

EDIT: And the box-like one knows where it's at.

Edited by Ze

As much as I hate to say it, the only manager in the top 5 not prone to complaining or moaning about this that and the other from time to time is Martin Jol.

The others all seem to have problems with how the ref runs thier games pretty regularly, although they tend to do it with more humility than Mourinho.

Edited by HGwannabe