Champions League Thread

AJ

It proves I have very low expectations from Charlton's season, really, because I do. I always know that, sooner or later, we cock the season up big time, so I have to take whatever victories I can. Unlike Villa, who just don't get victories period.

Yeah, that's why they have had no wins all season or a cup win the last past 10 years to celebrate.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It proves I have very low expectations from Charlton's season, really, because I do. I always know that, sooner or later, we cock the season up big time, so I have to take whatever victories I can. Unlike Villa, who just don't get victories period.

If we hadn't just beat Pompey, people might actually take you serious.

Wouldn't surprise me. We're not the best team in Europe anymore, I know that. We've had another bad season, which is always a shame after our amazingly done 6th place not long ago. We just need to rebuild, get some cash into the club, and hopefully a new manager sometime soon.

Guest muddatrucker

In fairness there was an Arsenal one during the unbeaten season, alot of people can give it but not take it, its part and parcel of the game.

I like how bugged people get about people not supporting other British teams in Europe, at the end of the day if you don't like a team in the league, theres no reason to like them in the champions league, someone goes out, who cares?

I like how bugged people get about people not supporting other British teams in Europe, at the end of the day if you don't like a team in the league, theres no reason to like them in the champions league, someone goes out, who cares?

I'm supporting Arsenal to go through, despite the fact that I'm a Spurs supporter and despite the fact that Real Madrid will ultimately field more English players tonight. But they're a London, and moreover English club so I'll be rooting for them.

Last night was a bit shit really, so many nothing challenges were given as fouls and it really stopped the game from flowing at all. Lampard was non-existant last night as well really.

I'm supporting Arsenal to go through, despite the fact that I'm a Spurs supporter and despite the fact that Real Madrid will ultimately field more English players tonight. But they're a London, and moreover English club so I'll be rooting for them.

Thats the way I always think about it. Even with the massive influx of foreign players which kinda undermines my attitude, I see it as English Football vs European Football, so want English sides to win.

Guest muddatrucker

But I notice how alot of people who take that view seem to think its wrong for others not to support their rivals in football and generally get really bugged about it. I liked seeing Liverpool win it last year, but thats because Arsenal were gone and Liverpool generally aren't an arrogant bunch.

Well, I can see why people do it, but I mean I wanted Chelsea to win last night, and I'm a Fulham fan.

But then again, I have followed Madrid in Spain since before the Galacticos era, so it would make sense as to why I'd want Barca to lose.....yet I also want Arsenal to beat Madrid tonight.

Weird...

Guest Ritzy

Jose Mourinho's just hilarious:

Mourinho puts his support behind Benfica

Jose Mourinho wants Benfica to win the Champions League after watching his Chelsea team slide out of the competition.

The Barclays Premiership champions were dumped out of Europe by Barcelona following a 1-1 draw in the Nou Camp last night.

Now the Portuguese will cheer for Lisbon giants Benfica, who take a 1-0 first-leg lead to Liverpool tonight.

Mourinho said: 'I would like Benfica to win the Champions League but I don't know if they will.

'I am a true Portuguese and, although I was in Barcelona for four years and have good memories, I am a Benfica fan. That is why I want them to win the Champions League.'

I don't mind when people say they don't want a team to win but I don't think there's any need to sit there cheering on the other team, I can understand why people don't want a team to win but that may just be me.

Either way, I love hearing Jose speak. Alex Ferguson could say the exact same thing and I could hate it but its just so coo when its Jose :P

Guest Ritzy

I want them out as soon as possible

a)It's Arsenal why the hell would I ever wish sucess upon them?

b)The longer they go the morel ikely they are of doing a Liverpool and getting lucky and sorry but I'd like to be in the Champions League if we hold on to 4th thank you very much.