Hypnotize

TAFKA Castroneves

Why's everyone so against Steal This Album? It's my joint favourite SOAD album along with Toxicity.

As far as Hypnotize goes i'm really enjoying it though i'm only half way through it. Listening to U-Fig right now and it's great, probably my favourite so far along with Stealing Society.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a few tracks from the Hypnotize album and wasn't feeling it at all. The vocals are grating at times and it seems like they're trying to hard to be "trippy" or "outside the box" or whatever. I just didn't enjoy what Idid hear of the album, though I haven't really liked anything from SOAD since Toxicity anyway.

I love "U-Fig". I haven't heard the entire album, but what i've heard thus far has been good. Everyone hyped up Mezmerize too much (It was a solid album, but people ranked it too highly) so I hope the same isn't in store for Hypnotize.

I first heard the song Hypnotize weeks ago on MTV2. It was strange as the video premier wasn't meant to be until the 1st of November, but I vividly remember seeing it in late October, followed by a brief making of skit. (As it was after that I checked the site and it said it starts airing in November).

Edited by Spyrazul

I'd say it is the least accessible/pop CD that System Of A Down released since their self-titled release. None of the songs seem to scream 'single' or radio-friendly and I just can't really get into the songs. I don't know, I'll keep giving it a listen, but nothing can top the perfection of Toxicity.

I'd say it is the least accessible/pop CD that System Of A Down released since their self-titled release. None of the songs seem to scream 'single' or radio-friendly and I just can't really get into the songs. I don't know, I'll keep giving it a listen, but nothing can top the perfection of Toxicity.

Aside from the Self-titled album <_<

Joke...I dunno, never really know which one I prefer out of them two, but they are definitely my favourite of thiers.

Heard it, have it on the iPod. It's good, but I think it's their worst. At this point they are really starting to sound the same to me...or at least it sounds like they are trying to make something more radio-friendly.

Still, I like it....but Toxicity is still my fave.

I dig it...i think they've tried something different with all of their albums, while still keeping the System of a Sown Feel

self titled - that's pretty much System right there.

Toxicity - little more mainstream than all the others.

Steal this album - B'Sides, it all came together well

Mesmorise - Experimentation (polka anyone?)

i think Hypnotise features alot of strong Harmonies and i definately like the sound of it over Metal tracks

I've heard a few tracks from the Hypnotize album and wasn't feeling it at all. The vocals are grating at times and it seems like they're trying to hard to be "trippy" or "outside the box" or whatever. I just didn't enjoy what Idid hear of the album, though I haven't really liked anything from SOAD since Toxicity anyway.

Anyone else find a strong musical similarity between Mesmerize/Hypnotize and The Holy Bible by the Manics? Obviously a good thing, but the links definitely there. One song on Mesmerize sounds almost identical to Revol, I forget which.