Spiderman 3

Guest J_Lethal

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tristy, if you own any OverPower cards, you are even cooler than I thought.

Norton, Pitt, and Carrey could all pull it off, but I think they're just too big for Spider-Man. I think you'd need a smaller name to fill the role.

I googled it, but I do indeed own OverPower cards. I remember before Pokemon came around I spent all my money on those bastards. Always wanted a Venom one but never got it.

Always got the fucking Sentinels.

Willem Dafoe is pretty damn big name to me.

He is, but he's not the kind of guy pulling in $20 million a picture. You ask anyone on the street who Brad Pitt or Jim Carrey are and they'll tell you at least three movies they've seen with them in it. You ask the average joe who Willem Dafoe is, they're a lot less likely to know who you're talking about. Ed Norton would be the most likely of those three to be Carnage, but even so he's still a little more mainstream than Dafoe.

I think that although Topher is an odd choice, he'll definitely be amazing. I just get the impression he is full of talent given his performances I've seen. I definitely think he'll do a great job and hopefully surprise some people.

I think John C. McGinley would be an excellent choice as well... But for some reason, everytime I think of Carnage I get Eric Stoltz in my head for some reason...

Wow... he looks dead-on Cletus Kasady too. Good thought.

Upon thinking about it, if you're looking for a name, but not a big name star, who's got a "crazy" look, I'd go with John C. McGinley of Scrubs. Granted he doesn't have that bad motherfucker look but as Tristy pointed out, CGI helps.

We have a definate winner, imo.

I love McGinley, and he would suit it well.

I have no clue, but when I looked for a picture he does have a very uncanny resemblance to what I think Cletus would look like.

stoltz_eric.jpg

I hope what I've head about a possible Venom suit isn't true. Purpleish tinge is not good.

From the sounds of a lot of recent news, they seem to be going more in vain with the Ultimate universe (it was afterall started because of the X-Men and Spider-Man movies). With Harry being Hobgoblin, and the possible story for Eddie and the symbiote. I'd prefer the original storylines, but there's no real way to do the Venom arc in movies without changing it and by having Harry be Hobgoblin instead they can avoid the Green Goblin suit that everyone hated from the first.

The way I see it, Harry will be the prime antagonist with Sandman as his backup/henchmen and the possibility of Venom will be there as a side threat to get bigger at a later time (and possibly movie).

Topher Grace is definitely an odd choice. He wouldn't have made a terrible Spiderman, maybe, but anything else seems a stretch. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Does anything come of Peter ruining the planned marriage to the astronaut?

Topher Grace is definitely an odd choice. He wouldn't have made a terrible Spiderman, maybe, but anything else seems a stretch. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Does anything come of Peter ruining the planned marriage to the astronaut?

Well, John Jameson is Man-Wolf, and although I know very little about that character and it's origins at all, he could just as easily turn up in the next film. I mean, they could always go down the "JJJ fires Parker for ruining his sons life/wedding" story arc, and then have Man-Wolf appear in Spider-Man 4.

I get the feeling that Venom will probably show up at the very end. Instead you'll just see Topher as Eddie Brock. He won't be the burly, gruff guy but probably the teenage kid like in the Ultimate Spiderman universe. At the very end you'll see Venom.

I do recall hearing that Raimi actually doesn't care much for Venom, and if this is the last film for Dunst, Tobey and Raimi, then he'll have the window open for Venom to leave for the next director to have fun with.

Doesn't care much for Venom... what the fuck. I'd go as far to say that Venom is one of, if not THE, most well known arch nemesis of Spiderman's.

Easily. When most people think of Spider-Man's arch-nemesis, they think of Venom or the Green Goblin. A vague recollection of Venom's story is known to a lot of people as well.

Mind, Raimi saying he doesn't care much for Venom reminds me of something that was said about the director who took over from Bryan Singer on X-Men when he supposedly said "no I won't be doing the Phoenix Saga because it's to complicated" which made me wanna insert very sharp objects into his eyes.

Although, on the plus (maybe negative) side, Iron-Man is the last of the Marvel characters to be brought to life by a company that ISN'T Marvel, as apparently Marvel will be doing all the new films (not including Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, Daredevil, Elektra and Blade spin-offs).