Jean Van de Velde is an idiot

sahyder1

Frenchman wants to play Women's British Open

Frenchman wants to play Women's British Open

October 27, 2005

SOTOGRANDE, Spain (AP) -- French golfer Jean Van de Velde will attempt to enter next year's Women's British Open because he is upset women may qualify for the 2006 British Open.

``I'll even wear a kilt and shave my legs,'' said Van de Velde, who six years ago botched a chance for a British Open title in one of the great collapses in a major.

Recent policy set by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club will allow women to qualify for next year's British Open.

``My whole point is where do we draw the line?'' Van de Velde asked after shooting a 7-over-par 78 Thursday in the first round of the Volvo Masters. ``If we accept that women can enter our tournaments, then it applies that men can play with women.''

The 39-year-old Frenchman said he would get an application and attempt to qualify. Next year's Women's British Open is Aug. 3-6 at Royal Lytham.

The event is run by the Ladies' Golf Union, which established a gender policy this year that says: ``It shall be a condition of any competition organized by the Ladies' Golf Union that players must be of the female gender.''

Andy Salmon, chief executive officer of the LGU, said Thursday there was no plan to change the rule.

The LGU this season established a formal gender policy sanctioning players who had sex-change operations to become females. The best known example was Danish-born Australian Mianne Bagger, who played some LGU events in 2005.

``I just don't understand it, and if my application is not accepted I will definitely get advice and see how far it will go,'' Van de Velde said. ``I am making a point. I'm not trying to take a sexist stance.''

``I think there are much more important matters,'' he added. ``I think our governing body should concentrate on the long putter, checking clubs. Things like that, not this.''

Former Ryder Cup player Barry Lane suggested a change in the rules could end women's golf.

``Do they want 100 men trying to qualify?'' he asked. ``If they do there won't be any spots left for them.''

At the 1999 British Open, Van de Velde led by three strokes going to the 72nd hole, then wound up losing the tournament in a playoff.

That's a brillant idea actually. If the women want to play with the men then let the men play with the women. Equal rights for all I say.

what exactly it is that you can possibly prove by playing against women?

That's a brillant idea actually. If the women want to play with the men then let the men play with the women. Equal rights for all I say.

what exactly it is that you can possibly prove by playing against women?

Why the fuck has playing a sport got to be about proving something? Fuck off, sports are meant to be played for the love of them. He has a point. And Clawson is right, equal rights is equal rights.

I'd probably kick her when she hit the floor too, then drag her into the undergrowth, rape her and shit all over her mouth.

:wub:

Is this the same guy that fucked up and ended up in the water trying to play a shot? :wacko:

I believe so.

He essentially had a huge collapse at the very end of the British Open and lost.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Maybe he would qualify for the PGA if the women weren't there to take his spot. Ever think of that?

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Good for Van de Velde! That's EXACTLY what someone should do!

If women want to enter and have golfing equality then fine, drops the women's tour completely and put the two together.

Wie hasn't exactly got the most sparkling record in women's golf...It's just that she's HIGHLY marketable.

I have a similar complaint about tennis.

Women are demanding equal prize money which is fine by me, BUT if they want equal money they should play 5 sets like the men...

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I agree with what he's doing, I am tired of seeing the whole "equal rights thing" spit in people's faces. Especially at work at the sawmill, if they want to work there because there's more money... fine, but at least do the work that we do, that is possible by anyone.

Fact of the matter is, they have two different leagues set up... if they're going to let some into one let others into another.