The Battleground Video Game Finalé

Benji

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all of those games lying around except the Zelda and FF ones. Good fucking list.

I wish I could get my NES back from console heaven to play my Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart.I kept it because it was my first ever game. (¬_¬)

All of the games deserve to be there. Kind of upset MK beat SFII though. Street Fighter was way better.

knm04075_01w.jpg

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

Released: 2004

Original Console: PlayStation2

Just like Resident Evil, this series suffered from the hype in Metal Gear Solid 2, people just wouldn't accept Raiden as the main character and so this was a welcome full return for 'Pliskin'. Revealing a lot of the history behind the characters this not only had great gameplay but a phenomenal storyline.

Position: 15th

halo2_lg.jpg

Halo 2

Released: 2004

Original Console: X-Box

Oh just look at Halo <_<

Position: 14th

Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20-%20Vice%20City.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Released: 2002

Original Console: PlayStation2

Two sides of a coin for me here, I loved the story, the characters, the sleak dazzling style of the 80's, the gameplay was great, but it was just far too similar to Grand Theft Auto 3. Certainly not deserving of its place this high in my honest opinion, San Andreas made that jump that this game should have.

Position: 13th

pokemongbc06.jpg

Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow

Released: 1996

Original Console: Gameboy

Okay, I won't go into too much detail (that's what they'll be expecting :shifty: ). I haven't met a person this game didn't affect if they were at school while it was out, it was a fad, agreed, but it still carries on this day to keep people entertained. I preferred Gold, Silver and Crystal, but this set the benchmark, so many people bought a Gameboy JUST for this.

Position: 12th

issevo07g.jpg

Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven Series

Released: 1991

Original Console: NES

Originally released as International Superstar soccer, it has had its ups and downs in popularity (especially after the introduction of FIFA), but it still is a mainstay worldwide. I'm not a huge fan of sports games but, like any, it's a multiplayer gem

Position: 11th

How can you not 'have much to say' on Legend of Zelda? I demand you 'obtain' it so you can relive it's goodness.

I know, it's a disgrace.

DEATH TO BENJI.

Don't worry I'll comment on the others more, I just don't have huge memories of the first one :P

I have to say, as good a game as it is, Vice City is the worst GTA I've played. Except maybe London. There's no way it should have been that high, it's just too bland compared to the other PS2-gen GTA games.

so many people bought a Gameboy JUST for this.

*sheepishly raises hand*

What? Technically, I got it for christmas, so I'm not AS sad as some other people >_>

I have to say, as good a game as it is, Vice City is the worst GTA I've played. Except maybe London. There's no way it should have been that high, it's just too bland compared to the other PS2-gen GTA games.

so many people bought a Gameboy JUST for this.

*sheepishly raises hand*

What? Technically, I got it for christmas, so I'm not AS sad as some other people >_>

Vice City would barely make it into my personal Top 100, I'm shocked it made it that high.

I think Vice City raised the profile of the games rather then anything else. It wasn't much more then we had in GTA3 yet it had something that it seemed it got way more hype and attention then the other ones before it. The original got a fair bit of attention but I'm not sure the others prior to VC and SA got that sort of press.

As for Pokémon, it was one of those things that periodically got the old gameboy out of retirement every coupld of years. Couldn't stand the hype around the cards and tv series (and movies...) but a very good rpg that was very addictive and so easy even I could become quite good at it. One of those rare games that actually boasted decent levels of end game content too wasn't it?

Wasn't the name taken from one of Big Boss' alias'?

If you mean Plisken, then no, not as far as I'm aware. It was just a nod to Snake Plissken from Escape From LA. Iroquois Plisken translates into Snake somehow, if I remember right, so you could attach the name to Big Boss, since he was Naked Snake, but eh.