Benji

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Blink 182 and The Killers.

Fozzy =\

I know alot of people who bash fozzy but I fucking love them

Thank the fucking WWE for that... Fozzy rule but Jericho's always brought Fozzy into the mix when he's a heel against a wigger like Cena.

I think a large chunk of what I listen to is what people usually define as shit music. Because it's evident I like them as they'll be in the list, here's every band on my MP3 Player. If any of you guys are bored, bold the ones you think are crap or who people like to insult. And if any of you bold The Beatles, you shall be shot! :P

Oh and before I continue, NME gave Limp Bizkit's Greatest Hits Album 0 out of 10 - so it must be fantastic! Go back to your indie music where intensity is defined by wobbly voices, fuckers.

Anyway, the band list on my MP3 Player:

01. Alter Bridge

02. Ash

03. Creed

04. Foo Fighters

05. Fozzy

06. Franz Ferdinand

07. Guns and Roses

08. Jet

09. Limp Bizkit

10. Linkin Park

11. Lostprophets

12. Manic Street Preachers

13. Metallica

14. Muse

15. New York Dolls

16. Nickelback

17. Placebo

18. Puddle Of Mudd

19. Queens of the Stone Age

20. Red Hot Chili Peppers

21. Sum 41

22. Supergrass

24. The Beatles

25. The Darkness

26. The Hives

27. The Lightning Seeds

28. The White Stripes

29. The Zutons

30. Weezer

In my own opinion - Alter Bridge, Creed, Fozzy, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Muse, New York Dolls, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Sum 41, The Darkness and possible The Hives would go underneath the category...

The Sex Pistols.

A lot of so called punk enthusiasts like to bad mouth them and cite that they were manufactured. I'll never understand that whole idea of them being manufactured, it's usually a shitty arguement for people that don't like them for whatever reason. I admit that they were not the most musically gifted musicians, but they sure as hell could play raw ass rock and roll with the best of their era. I think Malcolm McLaren using Sid Vicious as a sex symbol gave the group a negative stigma in certain punk fans eyes. For the record, Sid Vicious could have had a good solo career as a vocalist, but death prevented that.

The Sex Pistols.

A lot of so called punk enthusiasts like to bad mouth them and cite that they were manufactured. I'll never understand that whole idea of them being manufactured, it's usually a shitty arguement for people that don't like them for whatever reason. I admit that they were not the most musically gifted musicians, but they sure as hell could play raw ass rock and roll with the best of their era. I think Malcolm McLaren using Sid Vicious as a sex symbol gave the group a negative stigma in certain punk fans eyes. For the record, Sid Vicious could have had a good solo career as a vocalist, but death prevented that.

Death usually does that to a person's career. >_>

Guest *Doink*

Limp Bizkit. One of those guilty pleasures I like to keep secret.

I dunno if you can count this one but Less Than Jake as well. Almost everyone I know with the except of a few people just simply shit all over them. They make fairly brainless yet hugely entertaining and catchy music, I love it.

What's the deal with Muse? Anyone in Canada that I've introduced to them absolutely LOVES them.

I think Muse are the greatest band in the world. Unfortunately music seems to be about more about image and coolness these days (that's why NME humps Pete "I'm a fucking tool" Doherty)... Muse are anti-cool with their uniqueness and weirdness apparently.

I don't think the reason people don't like Muse has anything to do with "image and coolness". It tends to be because they just don't like Matt Bellamy's voice, or they over-complicate songs that could work a lot better if they were simpler, from my experience. And I don't mind them, but claiming that they're "unique and weird" is almost laughable.

And I'm still amazed that people think Fozzy would be more popular if it wasn't for the WWE. The only reason Fozzy have got anywhere is off the name value of Chris Jericho. I love them, but it's painfully obvious.

As for the Sex Pistols, I used to despise them, but (via Public Image Limited) I've got into them fairly recently, and I think the main problem that people have with them, knowingly or not, is because of Malcolm McLaren, not the band themselves. Although a lot of people resent them because of Sid Vicious, which is understandable.

Edited by Skumfrog