NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't complain if we got Shaq(other than him being a big fucking crybaby), but that would just mean a total breakdown of the offense we've been using for years. Which would be odd if we have fast guys like Kidd and Jefferson leading the offense, and then a lumbering Shaq. If this trade does go through as well, the Nets would have no SG and no cap space to do ANYTHING.

They wouldn't need to do anything with a trio of Shaq, Jefferson and Kidd.

Guest Hurricane

Forgot to elaborate.  I've heard rumblings from the locals of a three-way involving Atlanta, Clipshow, & Lakeshow: 

Clippers get:  Jason Terry, Alan Henderson (provided they protect him), Jacques Vaughn, Jason Collier, Bob Sura

Lakers get:  2nd overall pick, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, & Keyon Dooling

Hawks get:  Shaquille O'Neal

It's a clusterfuck of a deal, first off.  And second off, Shaq won't come here!

That trade makes no sense. Sure, its good for the Hawks and the Lakers, but what do the Clippers get? Jason Terry?! They have to give up Elton Brand and Corey Maggette, who are 2 very good players, and Keyon Dooling... who is... ok. And, they have to give up the 2nd Overall Pick.

That trade makes no sense to me.

Guest bukkake bandit

They wouldn't need to do anything with a trio of Shaq, Jefferson and Kidd.

Teams would be able to surround Shaq carefree if our only jumpshooter is RJ.

That trade makes no sense. Sure, its good for the Hawks and the Lakers, but what do the Clippers get? Jason Terry?! They have to give up Elton Brand and Corey Maggette, who are 2 very good players, and Keyon Dooling... who is... ok. And, they have to give up the 2nd Overall Pick.

That trade makes no sense to me.

They are the Clippers.

Sterling dosen't care about the Win/Loss Column, he cares about the bottom line. It pisses me off, because I want to see the Clip Show do well, their kind of like the Lakers little, retarded, brother.

I just heard on ESPN news that The Rockets offered Stevie Franchise, Cuttino & Cato for T-Mac. I think the Magic should JUMP at that offer. If they draft Okafur (or trade the pick for a big man) and Hill comes back healthy, you have a playoff contender in a year or two.

If this was mentioned before I apologize, I don't feel like clicking on all of those links that were posted.

Edited by CM Punk

That would be a horrible deal for the Rockets. I know they want to get rid of Francis, but T-Mac wouldn't settle for being the # 2 option behind Yao either, so they'd have the same problem. Plus, they'd lose two capable bodies in addition.

For the Rockets, of course but if they offered that, the Magic should take it.

Also, I hope Kobe manages to get away from the Lakers, I would laugh so loud if they lost Phil, Kobe & Shaq and everyone started jumping off the bandwagon.

Edited by CM Punk

Guest StreetzHopin

Looks like even though the Rockets have offered for TMAC, the Magic may really move him to the Clippers...

Chicago Tribune columnist Sam Smith (registration required): "That's because the thinking is the Magic will revamp--and save a lot of money--by dealing McGrady to the Clippers, take both Emeka Okafor and Dwight Howard as the first two picks in Thursday's draft and sell the new Magic to its fans."

drafting Emeka Okafor & Dwight Howard with the 1st 2 picks?

*edit* just turned to ESPNews, and they have a Shaq & TMAC update coming soon...

Well looks like TMAC will be a Rocket.....tough for me, McGrady is my favorite player, i like the Rockets, but the Kings are my team out west, toughy for me....

Possible Bobcats-Clippers trade.....Bobcats 1st & 2nd Round Draft Picks 4 Clippers 2nd Overall Pick & A Player To Be Named Later

Blazers & Nets are trying to work out a deal, so the Blazers get the Nets 1st round draft pick, possibly for the Blazers to pickup Sebastian Telfair...

Edited by StreetzHopin

Guest bukkake bandit

This is becoming confusing. Now supposedly Chicago is apart of the Houston/Orlando deal.

And if that rumor is true, Orlando raped them both.

Edited by Anthony

Guest StreetzHopin

didnt hear about that Chicago/Orlando/Houston trade....

i heard of another Bulls trade possibility...

sixers-banner.gifbulls-banner2.gif

Chicago Tribune columnist Sam Smith (Scroll Down) (registration required): "One trade possibility for the Bulls this week could be the 76ers and their No. 9 pick. General manager Billy King, a former Dookie, is said to be anxious to move up for Luol Deng. The Bulls could exchange picks and get center Samuel Dalembert in a package that includes Tyson Chandler."

Guest bukkake bandit

didnt hear about that Chicago/Orlando/Houston trade....

Probably because it's just some bullshit rumor. But a third team involved is logical.

Edited by Anthony

Guest StreetzHopin

what sucks now is that it seems like the Magic ownership wanted TMAC out, and it wasnt TMAC that wanted out....

*Minor News* The Utah Jazz will also be going after Mavericks G Marquis Daniels, when he becomes a free-agent.

TMAC Trade Update...

The trade has apparently hit a snag, so far we hear that Francis dislikes Orlando plus Steve Francis likes Rudy T., so if Rudy T. joins the Lakers as coach, Francis may request that Lakers get involved into the deal, and Francis go to L.A. Screwed up....

Now it appears that the trade is a done deal after the Expansion draft, if Charlotte doesnt pickup any of the players in the expansion draft that are a part of this trade...

Edited by StreetzHopin

Guest Sean O'Haire

I have ESPN Insider, and here is what they are saying as of right now. I had to type this all up, so sorry for errors and such.

Shaq

Option 1: The Pacers aren't parting with Jermaine O'Neal. A combo of Al Harrington and Ron Artest might make the Lakers notice, but having to swallow the contracts of Scott Pollard and Austin Croshere as part of the deal make it less desirable. But would Donnie Walsh & Co. relly be willing to commit the extra $60 million to keep the big fella happy?

Option 2: The Grizzlies could offer Pau Gasol, Bonzi Wells, Bo Outlaw and Lorenzen Wright to create a package that would work a bit better for the Lakers. Wells and Outlaw come off the books next season, freeing up significant cap room. But this is a potential- straight-up Gasol-for-Shaq deal. Is that enough value for Shaq? The Grizzlies probably would be willing to do the extension. Jerry West has been searching for a dominant big man since he got to Memphis, and we all know that he has a great relationship with Shaq.

Option 3: The Blazers also could put together a package of Theo Ratliff, Damon Stoudamire, Zach Randolph and the No. 13 picks in the draft for Shaq. Stoudamire comes off the books next year, and Ratliff is still one of the best shot blocker sin the league. PAul Allen wouldn't hesitate to spend the cash for Shaq. But if the Blazers give up this much for Shaq, will they have enough players around him to win a title?

Option 4: That leaves us with the Mavericks. Reports out of Dallas claim owner Mark Cuban would give up anyone on his roster, with the exception of Dirk for Shaq. However, a source in Dallas told Insider over the weekend that the Mavericks would absolutely be willing to give up Nowitzki and Antione Walker for O'Neal. The Mavs aren't going to win a championship without a real presence in the middle. No one else they have can command a decent big man back in a trade. The Mavs would field a team that still had Steve Nash (they'd resign him for sure, to play with Shaq), Miuchael Finley, Josh Howard, and Antawn Jamison. Put Shaq in the middle, and it's the best team in the NBA -- more formidable, in my mind, than the team the Lakers fielded this year. Even Shaq only plays well for two more seasons, a real shot at a championship is worth the risk.

Would the Lakers bite on any of these options? The trade with Dallas makes the most sense by far. The Lakers add a young versatile All-Star forward to work with Kobe. They clear Walker's 14.5 million salary off the books next summer. Give that Gary Payton, Rick Fox and Derek Fisher also will be gone in a year, the Lakers would be looking at $10 million plus to use in the 2005 free agent market. The Lakers have had zero trouble recruiting free agents in the past. With a core of Kobe and Nowitzki, the Lakers can salvage their team and their image. All of the other options leave the Lakers struggling for credibilty.

It's a deal made in Mark Cuban heaven. Don't be shocked if Cuban and Buss pull the trigger.

Kobe back to L.A.?

Kobe has opted out of his deal and likely will take his time deciding where he wants to play next year. Sources close to Bryant tolsd Insider over the weekend that his first choice is to remain a Laker. The same sources contend Bryant had little to do with the Lakers' break up. Buss was balking at the huge amounts of money Jackson ($10 million per season) and Shaq (two-year, $60 million extension) were demanding. That precipitates, more than anything else, the decisions to let Jackson walks and to consider trading Shaq.

What does that have to do with Kobe? He wants to explore his options, but he's inclined to re-sign with the Lakers as long as he is sure the team still has the neccesary pieces to win. He's loyal to L.Al, but not if that means being part of a long rebuilding process. If Shaq comes back, the Lakers will be contenders again, regardless of the supporting cast around him. If Shaq is traded, it's much less clear. A deal with a team like Dallas would keep the Lakers relevant. Other trades, like the ones with the Pacers or Grizzlies might offer, probably mean the Lakers would take a step back for a few years.

With at least one championship contender, the Spurs, clearing enough cap room to make a run at Kobe, the Lakers will have serious competition for his services.

T-Mac to the Clippers?

Shaq leaving. Kobe staying. What, you ask, does T-Mac have to do with all of this? He reportedly told friends his ultimate desire is to play with Shaw. That's not going to happen in L.A. T-Mac has looked to Dallas as a possible destination. Unless the Magic are willing to swallow an equally bad contract in return -- and they're not -- it just doesn't make sense. They'd want Nowitzki for T-Mac the same way the Lakers would for Shaq. It's one or the other.

McGrady may be controlling the process -- no team will trade for him without a guarentee he'll sign an extension -- but the Magic are partners too. They don't have to trade McGrady right now. T-Mac wants out and knows he has to work with the Magic to make it happen. Where will he land?

Option 1: The Rockets are rumoured to be in the lead, offering a combo of Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvin Cato for McGrady and Juwan Howard. That sounds like a fantasy trade that every other owner would veto. We know John Weisbrod is a huge hokey guy, but even he should know this is a terrible deal for the Magic. If the Rockets pull this off, pencil them to Western Conference Finals.

Option 2: The Pacers want to get something done but aren't giving up Ron Artest, Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender, and Jamaal Tinsley for T-Mac. It's just too much. The deal would be Harrington and either Artest or Bender. That's as far as they are willing to go. The team doesn't really want to trade either Artest or Bender, and they certainly won't ship away both players -- even for T-Mac. Add Harrington and Bender to a front court with Emeka Okafor, and the Magic could be set for a long time. They'd have to seriously consider it.

Option 3:The Suns are willing to give up Shawn Marions, Casey JAcobsen, and either the No. 7 pick or Joe Johnson for T-Mac. Marion is an all-star calibur small forward. With the No. 7 pick, the team could land a top-notch point guard like Devin Harris, Ben Gordon, or Shaun Livingston. Jacobsen is serviceable at the two. Put that together with the No. 1 pick -- an Okafor/Gordon reunion, perhaps? -- and the Magic would be back in the playoffs almost immediately.

Option 4: The Clippers might have the best package to offer, but would T-Mac play there? One source to McGrady told Insideer he'd "consider it." Why? Because the huge media market would make his endorsement oppurtunites much more lucrative. The Clippers also would have a pretty strong starting group with Elton Brand, McGrady, Chris Kaman, a re-signed Quentin Richardson and Marko JAric. The team would be willing to give up Corey Maggette, Chris Wilcox, and the No. 2 to get McGrady. That's a slam dunk for the Magic, who could draft Okafor and either Dwight Howard or Shaun Livingston to make one of the best youg teams in the NBA. If McGrady believes the Clippers will keep spending, it would be an oppurtunity he'd have to consider. It may be the only way the Clippers are willing to trade.

Which way will the Magic go? The Suns, Clippers and Pacers all look they could make offers that might make Weisbrod pull the trigger. Some of it will come down to T-Mac's preference. He wants to play in Houston, but the Rockets' offer isn't close to those of the other three teams. At the end of the day, I see either the Suns or Clippers landing him.

Guest StreetzHopin

Bobcats Get: 2nd Overall Draft Pick & C Predrag Drobnjak

Clippers Get: Bobcats 1st & 2nd Round Draft Picks

This trade is just about a done deal....

Edited by StreetzHopin

Bobcats Get: 2nd Overall Draft Pick & C Predrag Drobnjak

Blazers Get: Bobcats 1st & 2nd Round Draft Picks

This trade is just about a done deal....

that's the Clippers right there.

Bobcats close to acquiring No. 2 overall pick from Clippers

By CHRIS SHERIDAN, AP Basketball Writer

June 21, 2004

The Charlotte Bobcats were close to finalizing a trade Monday with the Los Angeles Clippers for a swap of first-round draft choices, giving the NBA's newest franchise a chance to select Dwight Howard or Emeka Okafor with the No. 2 overall pick.

Charlotte would send the No. 4 overall pick, along with a second-round pick (No. 33 overall), to Los Angeles for the No. 2 choice and the rights to center Predrag Drobnjak, four league sources told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The Bobcats have made no secret of their desire to obtain one of the first two choices in the draft, believing Okafor or Howard could be one of the main building blocks for the league's 30th franchise.

The Clippers are interested in selecting Peoria prep star Shaun Livingston with the fourth overall pick, believing the Chicago Bulls will pass on him at No. 3 because they would not want to use their lottery pick on a point guard for a third consecutive year.

Howard, a power forward, and Livingston, a point guard, are two of the top high school players available in Thursday night's draft.

The Orlando Magic hold the first selection, and team officials say they remain undecided on whether to select Okafor or Howard. Orlando also is listening to trade offers, but if the Magic work out a trade it would most likely involve Tracy McGrady.

Charlotte will select 14 players from existing NBA rosters Tuesday night in the expansion draft, although the Bobcats expect to choose only two or three players who will end up on their opening night roster.

Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff acknowledged Monday that the team has had extensive discussions with Orlando and the Clippers, saying Los Angeles was more receptive to doing a deal.

``That is something we have spoken about. There are obstacles to surmount,'' he said. ``I can't speak to their end, we're working on it and we've done everything we can do.''

Drobnjak, a three-year NBA veteran, averaged 6.3 points and 3.2 rebounds last season for the Clippers, who acquired him in a sign-and-trade deal with Seattle during training camp. He has one guaranteed season remaining on his contract for approximately $2.8 million.

Edited by sahyder1