NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Guest StreetzHopin

that will make Shaq the only player on the roster wont it? i believe they said the Hawks only have 4 players on the roster....Looks like Lakers get the upper hand of that deal

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that will make Shaq the only player on the roster wont it? i believe they said the Hawks only have 4 players on the roster....Looks like Lakers get the upper hand of that deal

Depending on what gets waved in their face, the Hawks would gladly do some sign'n'trades if anybody showed remote interest.

Lakers would get a nice core of people if it went down, but unless they found a good FA center or an interesting international biggie, they'll look more and more like the Mavs with that deal.

Guest StreetzHopin

if Marcus Camby does leave Denver, do you think LAL would be possibly be interested in getting him. I dont really know of any other FA C that are better than Camby.

Lakers could always draft one of these 7 foot-sumtin dudes from overseas, and let him develop for a year or two

TMAC Trade Rumor Not official

Memphis Grizzlies unveil new logo & colors

grizzlies_logo.gif

B0002H46RE.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA231_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgB0000DIW00.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA231_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

temp-new_uniforms2.jpg

More Pics, including new Mascot uni & new court...

Heres the story...

This photo of Ricky Davis wins the 1st ever Celtics.com Photo of the Year contest...

pVoteWinner.jpg

It beat out this picture of Paul pierce in the finals...

pVotePhoto_pierce.jpg

List of draft-able players, and players that have withdrawn

Edited by StreetzHopin

Guest StreetzHopin

*bump*

mavericks-new-banner.gif

Mavericks May Trade For Shaq AND T-Mac!

I was looking over at USA Today, and i saw this and looks pretty interesting. Antawn Jamison, Dirk Nowitski, Michael Finley & Antoine Walker may all need to leave for it to happen though.

lakers-banner.gif

Rudy T. Interested In Lakers Job.

Well, seems like a good fit.

The Worm Has Turned On The Lakers, Too.

warriors-banner.gif

Warriors Wait On Dampier's Decision.

Very good & productive center, would be a huge loss for the Warriors if he opt's out.

bulls-banner2.gif

Havent found the story on the internet yet, but i heard on ESPNews the Chicago Bulls are interested in trading for Shaquille O'Neal or Tracy McGrady....

nets-banner2.gif

Kidd Scheduled For Knee Surgery July 1.

Says he should be on crutches for about 6 weeks, may miss some training camp, but shouldnt miss any of the regular season...

Edited by StreetzHopin

From Sunday's Dallas Morning News Sports Day section.

Scenario 1:

Los Angeles Lakers Get:

Antawn Jamison

Antoine Walker

Josh Howard

Dallas Mavericks Get:

Shaquille O'Neal

Scenario 2:

Los Angeles Lakers Get:

Dirk Nowitzki

Antoine Walker

Josh Howard

Dallas Mavericks Get:

Shaquille O'Neal

Scenario 3:

Los Angeles Lakers Get:

Dirk Nowitzki

Steve Nash

Antoine Walker

Josh Howard

Dallas Mavericks Get:

Shaquille O'Neal

Gary Payton

Scenario 4:

Los Angeles Lakers Get:

Dirk Nowitzki

Antoine Walker

Tariq Abdul-Wahad

Dallas Mavericks Get:

Shaquille O'Neal

Scenario 5:

Los Angeles Lakers Get:

Michael Finley

Dirk Nowitzki

Eduardo Najera/Shawn Bradley

Dallas Mavericks Get:

Shaquille O'Neal

Personally, I would hate to see Nowitzki leave Big D. Nowitzki, I think he will be the BEST player in the league in a few years.

Who the hell is Steve Simmons? How about trading useless junk we didn't need in the first place like Lamond Murray instead of your #1 player? How about keeping the guy that put you on the map? How about keeping the guy who actually was loyal to the city of Toronto and didnt' flee south for the big money? Sounds like a plan to me.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest StreetzHopin

"Atlanta and Denver are among clubs with available room for a max proposal - a strong chance exists the Nets would not match"

I love to hear this for my Hawks.....

Cuban will not part with Nowitski. He'll trade pretty much anyone on the roster aside from him though.

K-Mart's as good as gone from NJ, he wants a max contract. Denver's already said they're willing to give that to him, which is the reason why Camby may not be back next year.

And I'd personally hate to see Rudy T in LA. I'm sure he wouldn't pass up the opportunity, but just doesn't seem like a natural fit to me.

Here in Dallas, Shaq was on a local radio talk show (I honestly don't have a valid source as my uncle called me and told me he had heard it so take it for what you want) and said that he had talked to "his good friend T-Mac" and he said that they both would love to play for Dallas. This would probably require the Mavericks giving up Nowitzki, Finley, Nash, Jamison, and Walker but I think that with Howard, Daniels, Najera, and whoever else we pick up, we could be a great team. It would be a complete different direction; probably geared towards defense with the three Mavericks named above being the main ones that played defense this past season.

*bump*

bulls-banner2.gif

Havent found the story on the internet yet, but i heard on ESPNews the Chicago Bulls are interested in trading for Shaquille O'Neal or Tracy McGrady....

Yeah I heard the T-Mac thing on Chicago since the playoffs, they are in need of 'role-players' who actually can deliver. But Shaq, thats new, but seeing they are centering on Curry and trying to develop him, I think the Bulls getting O'neal is unlikely. But coming from a team trading off Brad Miller to let Curry shine, then put Davis to help him take off some of the load, I'm not so sure if they will or will not.

Well I think Mavericks fans will be happy if Dirk and Nash stay, everyone else is pretty much expendable IMO(as a mavs fan)

I don't really want Shaq, I'd perfer to get McGrady

"Nets and Grizzlies make the most sense for a Shaq trade."

That strikes me as odd as a Nets fan. Shaq is too slow and fat to keep up with the Nets offense.

You do realize that the Nets offense doesn't work in the postseason/Finals right? You put Shaq on the Nets and they'd be the favorites in the East, and would probably be able to beat a good Western Conference team since they'd FINALLY be able to score in the halfcourt offense. All those fast court alley oops look nice on SportsCenter, but don't win championships.

Guest bukkake bandit

I wouldn't complain if we got Shaq(other than him being a big fucking crybaby), but that would just mean a total breakdown of the offense we've been using for years. Which would be odd if we have fast guys like Kidd and Jefferson leading the offense, and then a lumbering Shaq. If this trade does go through as well, the Nets would have no SG and no cap space to do ANYTHING.

Edited by Anthony