Soccer

Tarheels.

I support Fulham, but I have soft spots for several teams, to be honest. But I'm not a massive, massive fan (I don't go to matches, and what have you), so I don't feel I have to FULHAM THROUGH AND THROUGH, or anything.

Dagenham And Redbridge are the main other team I like, because its where I am from.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAAAAVS

helenrox-chav.jpg

CHOKE! CHOKE!

Sadly, that looks somewhat like someone I know from high school. I doubt it's her, but it's close.

Getting on topic, why can't you root for two teams? In American football, my favourite team is the New England Patriots. However, I also like the Miami Dolphins (in the same division no less.) I like seeing Miami do well, but my priority lies with New England.

Thought you only knew niggaz? :shifty:

Yeah, I know white people too. :o

....and by "white people", I mean white women

Edited by Lowerdeck

The word chav has been around years before 2004. And the Scottish breed of chav, a 'ned', has been around since 99-00 at least.

Still, they've always been there, we just have a stereotypical name for them all now. Basically chav = scum of society.

And I support Rangers and Newcastle United. I'm not having a very good year in terms of my clubs. And I support Newcastle because I have family there, and my mum was from there. And I went on holiday there during the summers from when I was born until I was like 11. So I have ample reason, in case anyone wanted to get on my arse there. <_<

One thing I don't get about the huge Celtic following in England is that Celtic are basically the Irish-Scottish/Catholic population. The Rangers fans are almost always proud Brits, and proud to be Scottish and allied with England. Then you get the old 'but Celtic have a nicer strip', when it's a horrible home shirt, every season. Hoops are ugly, on any team, in any colour.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

I support Partick Thistle and Leeds Utd. As a very young kid I supported Liverpool but came to my senses realising I was born and lived in Leeds, therefore there was no choice in the matter.

I support Thistle through many factors, I when I moved to Scotland I wanted a team to support and got to on a Saturday, I got fed up with The Old Firm arrogance and bias in my school within about 2 days, it was fuckin way worse back then, when Rangers were on there 9 In A Row streak.

I started going to Thistle games with my mate who's a big Jags fan a few years later and that was that.

The only other teams I have a soft spot for are Kaisersluatern due to managing them back in the day of play by mail, and Hearts/Hibs or whomever else humbles the Old Firm come the end of this season.

As everyone knows I am an Orient fan and have been for many years. As for following teams in other leagues, I always keep an eye out for Sampdoria, Metrostars, Urawa Red Diamonds and a couple of others.

Internationally I support England. And since I am a 1/4 Polish, I always want them to win unless they are playing us, heh. And any underdogs will be cheered on by me, roll on the world cup so I can cheer for Trinidad and Tobago.

The only other teams I have a soft spot for are Kaisersluatern due to managing them back in the day of play by mail, and Hearts/Hibs or whomever else humbles the Old Firm come the end of this season.

Yeah, same deal here with Wolves. I used to love Steve Bull and I played KJC games with Wolves, so I have a soft spot for them as well.

As we are talking other countries and who we follow, mine goes something like Celtic (the Irish connection), Ajax (as Juri Litmanen was one of my favourite players when younger), Real Madrid (before they became a team full of galacticos)......ermmm....and thats about it.

I also used to keep an eye on Wycombe and Luton when younger, for no real reason.

I support Chelsea in England and St. Johnstone here in Scotland.

Saints are a pishy Scottish first division who were in the Europe about 5-6 years ago. We had a cracking season, finishing third in the SPL and beating both Celtic and Rangers home and away at least once each. We got into the UEFA Cup and beat FC Vassa of Finland in the qualifying and got Monaco in the proper stages. Got beat 3-0 over there but drew 3-3 with them here in Perth, which to this day is the best game I've ever been at in all my life. Probably the proudest I've ever been of my local team.

I usually look out for Southend's results on Saturdays. I like them for a really odd reason. In Fifa 2004, I took them from the 3rd Division to winning the Champions League final, beating Inter Milan in my last game. Oh, and nothing can beat turning over Juventus at Roots Hall :P I was delighted to see them promoted last season. Freddy Eastwood owns your soul.

I also like Sheffield Wednesday. It's mostly down to Paul Sturrock, St. Johnstone manager when I was growing up.

Even though I live here in the US, the team that I have followed has been Aston Villa. I wasnt really following/supporting a certain team till recently but they are the team and I try to catch one of thier games if it is some how on over here. The reason I picked them really is I liked the team when I was doing the Manager Mode and then look them up. I have also been able to catch a few of thier games recently. I just liked the team and hope that they are on TV here more often.

I support Leeds, although I sometimes check out the Worcester or Kidderminister scores. I'll be cheering Worcester on in the FA Cup on Sunday. As soon as they get to league one or higher though I'll start to hate them with a passion, as I do with other local teams.

Rangers are my favorite Scottish team, mainly because I hate the Celtic shirts.

I'll also check on Barcelona and Madrid, Barca cause I went to the Nou Camp in the summer and I loved everything about it, and Madrid for Woody.

No other leagues appeal to me.

Oh, I also look for the Man United and Wolves scores eagerly, as I know that many of there fans I just pray they lose

Getting on topic, why can't you root for two teams? In American football, my favourite team is the New England Patriots. However, I also like the Miami Dolphins (in the same division no less.) I like seeing Miami do well, but my priority lies with New England.

It's loyalty, I support Leicester, but I'm not an intense football fan, I support other teams as well, mostly the ones with the players with the coolest names :shifty: