Ronaldinho

WS1

Guest muddatrucker

No-one has the skill to hit the crossbar in the right position for it to bounce straight back to you 3 times, I like Ronaldinho but I do agree he is overrated, I mean he's the most skillfull player in the world, but alot of people make out he's god.

Meh, Ronaldinho is one of those players that makes me love football. He has an insane arsenal of tricks and, unlike someone like Cristiano Ronaldo, actually has an end product. He deserves all the plaudits he's getting at the minute, just for being so exciting. The crossbar thing is a blatant fake though, but check out the Zidane/Ronaldinho video on that site, it's fucking brilliant.

If someone can get your £300k you seem to think he is on a week, why wouldn't he want it? Don't tell me you wouldn't want a great wage if you could get it for your services. No I din't think footballers deserve the sort of wages they get really but if clubs are prepared to pay them that then hardly gonna refuse.

Edited by 9 to 5

Guest muddatrucker

I'd imagine the £300,000 a week is bullshit, its possible that he makes that amount including sponsorship deals, etc, but at the end of the day, who cares? I've always thought that footballers were very deserving of their wages, afterall its the most popular sport in the world, just like movies its a massive form of entertainment and look at their wages.

Players started getting these wages because the industry started making obsurd amounts of money, obviously large wages are detrimental to small clubs, but they don't have to sign those players at those prices.

If they don't take the money, some fat cat shareholder would take it.

I'm not too familar with football wage structure or things of that nature, so, how is that supposed 300,000 k distributed? Every week of the year, or every week of the season? If so, roughly how many weeks does that end up being?

I'm just curious, I want to run the contract against something I'm more familar with.

Guest muddatrucker

The 300k seems like a random exaggeration to me, the best footballers are topping around £100k a week, I believe the wages are paid all year around, since the teams will still be training and playing pre-season friendlies, but its possible that they don't get paid when they're not playing actively but I believe they do.

Alot of players make more money from sponsorship deals outside the club, someone like David Beckham can fly to Singapore and make £1,000,000 in a weekend from just doing a press conference. They have deals with bootmakers, advertising, etc on top of that, aswell as image rights which can be owned by the club or the player.

If you look at a player like Jonathan Woodgate, he was injured and still got paid for a whole season (even though he did request a wage decrease for the duration of his injury so he wasn't so much of a cunt).

Theres talk of a wage cap, but unless you can apply it to the whole world.