Richard Pryor dies

MalaCloudy Black

News story is up on Yahoo.

:( RIP. Pryor was an awesome comedian.

Edited by A Pimp Named Cloudy 27

I think I'm going to go listen to one of his vinyls I own. He was truely 1 funny ass motherfucker.

He's in a better place now. I know how bad he suffered since (I believe) he had Multiple Sclerosis, and was bound to a wheelchair. Hopefully he'll be making them laugh in Heaven.

R.I.P.

Edited by Tristof27

I could have sworn he died years ago :huh:

Having not seen his act before I don't know if he was as great as everyone says, I've caught glimpses of him on "Greatest Comedian" lists but wasn't that overly impressed. Still, it's always especially sad when a funny man dies, the laughter has to die some day :(

The first comedy tape I ever owned was a Richard Pryor one. It had the Rumplestiltskin thing onit, the thing about John wayne kicking deaths ass and a whole lot of funny shit. The funniest thing I ever saw him do is a tie between the SNL skit with him and Chevy Chase, and his Live! On the Sunset Strip concert. The man was easily one of the top 3 comedians of all time. But given his recent health issues and such, I'm glad he is in a better place. I can imagine it now.

"Hey Jesus, muthafucka."

RIP Richard.

I just found this out from a Bill Hicks group I'm in on Myspace, and came here to see if it had already been posted...

I don't really know what to say. I hate posting "R.I.P." messages, because most of the time it doesn't affect me, but it seems like for the past two months God has been killing off my childhood/adolescent heroes, so it has been affecting me, and I feel fucking obliged to say something. I couldn't not.

Even though I couldn't always relate to what he said, I fucking adore Richard Pryor. I ignored him for a long time, because the blurb on one of his videos gave a quick overview of his material (snorting coke in front of his grandmother, etc.) and about him being an influence on "everyone from Eddie Murphy to Chris Rock", and I thought he'd be the typical Def Jam-style comedian that doesn't interest me at all, but he stayed in the back of my mind for a long time, as people kept on mentioning him.

Eventually, I just had to watch him, and I found him fucking hilarious. He was far and away one of the funniest American comedians I'd ever seen, behind only Hicks and Carlin, he totally blew me away, and I'd been in love with his work ever since.

It's sad when the laughter dies, but unfortunately it has to happen sometime.

R.I.P, Richard Pryor, and I really fucking mean it.