Spiderman 2: Two Thumbs way up

Laice07

They gotta have Brock as Venom. I really don't like the idea of John Jameson as Venom.

BTW I still haven't seen the first Spiderman (I thought it looked pretty crap) but the 2nd one sounds awesome so I'll have to watch it soon.

EDIT: to answer tristy's question I think carnage was split from the venom symbiote.

Edited by cthemason

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Carnage symbiote wasn't split from the symbiote per se, it was a spawn of the symbiote. IIRC, the explanation they gave for his enormous powers was that it was conceived in an alien world (Earth) and its atmosphere made it more powerful than Venom. Carnage was badass, but nowhere near as cool as Venom. Am I the only one to find dumb the way they got rid of him? Oh well...

And cn650, I did notice that. Loved the detail.

Wasn't Carnage created when Eddie Brock sprung from jail, with the symbiote? I'm sure I saw something, be it cartoon or comic, where Venom (as Brock) escaped from prison, ripped himself on a broken bar, which Cletus Kasady touched, thus forming Carnage.

For the record, Carnage pwns Venom.

Edited by Kaneanite

Wasn't Carnage created when Eddie Brock sprung from jail, with the symbiote?  I'm sure I saw something, be it cartoon or comic, where Venom (as Brock) escaped from prison, ripped himself on a broken bar, which Cletus Kasady touched, thus forming Carnage.

In the comics, Brock and Kasady were inmates in Ryker Island. The symbiote freed (sp?) Brock, in the meanwhile leaving its spawn (that little piece of symbiote that Kasady touched) dripping in the bar. But Carnage's symbiote is not a piece of Venom's symbiote, it's like its son, its spawn.

In the cartoon, Spiderman was the first to wear the Venom symbiote, but he rejected it, which is why it joined with Eddie Brock, they both hated Spiderman, for different reasons. In the comics, someone made him a replacement costume, that looked exactly like Venom. I can't remember her name, but I think she was like the 'Black Cat', or something like that.

:shifty:

Edited by Kaneanite

Do you mean Black Cat?

I didn't like how fake the action scenes looked in the first movie. They looked like something out of a video game, and it looked so cookie cutter. Not to mention Green Goblin looked like a Power Ranger. Being a fan of the comics I'm hoping this movie will redeem the Spider-Man franchise for me since I was kinda dissapointed with the first movie.

In the cartoon, Spiderman was the first to wear the Venom symbiote, but he rejected it, which is why it joined with Eddie Brock, they both hated Spiderman, for different reasons.  In the comics, someone made him a replacement costume, that looked exactly like Venom.  I can't remember her name, but I think she was like the 'Silver Cat', or something like that.

Actually, I don't think it goes like that :ohwell:

OK, long story here. Here it goes (comics-wise):

Spidey and several heroes and villains were assembled by a god-like being called Beyonder to a planet that consisted of pieces of several planets. In the battles that ensued, Spidey got his costume torn and ravaged. In the HQs supplied by Beyonder the heroes found a machine that could create new costumes for the heroes, but Spidey used the wrong one and out came the symbiote. Spidey thought it was just a costume that could do tricks and never thought much about it, except he was really getting more tired each day even thought he slept more and more. A quick visit to the Fantastic Four (back on Earth, of course) determined that the costume was a parasyte that sucked Spidey's adrenaline. They also found out it was "allergic" to sound and fire. Spidey left with the symbiote locked in the Baxter Building, and continued to use the black costume for a while (this time just a regular costume). The symbiote escaped though, and attached itself to Brock, creating Venom. Ever since then, Spidey only uses the black costume as a reserve costume, whenever he has no option (whether it be due to unforseen circumstances or because all his outfits are torn apart).

And I guess Kaneanite is talking about the Black Cat who was Spidey's girlfriend at the time this symbiote thing first started, she may have made a black costume for him as a replacement of the symbiote, but that I dunno for sure. I think that about covers it. Any questions? :P

God, I'm such a freak...

Edited by Y2Johnny

Spidey and several heroes and villains were assembled by a god-like being called Beyonder to a planet that consisted of pieces of several planets. In the battles that ensued, Spidey got his costume torn and ravaged. In the HQs supplied by Beyonder the heroes found a machine that could create new costumes for the heroes, but Spidey used the wrong one and out came the symbiote. Spidey thought it was just a costume that could do tricks and never thought much about it, except he was really getting more tired each day even thought he slept more and more. A quick visit to the Fantastic Four (back on Earth, of course) determined that the costume was a parasyte that sucked Spidey's adrenaline. They also found out it was "allergic" to sound and fire. Spidey left with the symbiote locked in the Baxter Building, and continued to use the black costume for a while (this time just a regular costume). The symbiote escaped though, and attached itself to Brock, creating Venom. Ever since then, Spidey only uses the black costume as a reserve costume, whenever he has no option (whether it be due to unforseen circumstances or because all his outfits are torn apart).

Hmm...thats completely different from what I though. Oh well, I have a horrible memory, so chances are I am wrong :P

And yes, I did mean Black Cat. Thats what I said. Silver Cat? Pscht, noone mentioned Silver Cat, don't be silly.

:shifty:

Sounds awesome, I'm also weary of the idea of John Jameson being Venom. In the comics, IIRC, he's something of a superhero, Man-Wolf I think..

EDIT: and Venom owns Carnage. Without Venom there wouldn't BE any Carnage :P

Edited by CloudStrife888

Does anybody think there could ever be a multi comic movie, like Spiderman, Daredevil, TFF , and the X Men vs Onslaught?

Nah, basically because it's not just ONE studio that has the rights for the heroes (for instance, DD and Spidey could never appear on the same movie, as would any character that appeared in the DD movie like Kingpin), and plus, I think it's better to stay simple with this type of movies. Nothing too fancy, nothing too much, just one hero/regular team of heroes (like X-Men/FF) against a villain/team of villains and that's it. No need to complicate it by making heroes from all around the world needing to join together to stop an intergalactic threat and stuff like that... Dunno if I'm making my point clear...

I see it on Saturday....but I think I'll keep my thoughts on it unknown until I see it for a second time at the midnight showing on the 29th. The first seemed a lot different on a second viewing.

Edited by Numbahs

• 2 weeks later...

I cant wait till this comes out in a week or two over here in the UK. I've just been on the HMV site and they let you listen to samples of CD's. I checked out the Spiderman CD, and I am so hooked on that song called Ordinary by Train. If its as good as the first one then I'll love it that's for sure.

the movie was prity much exactly what i expected, i absolutly loved it, but same as Hulk and spider-man 1 i know a lot of people that are already crying about to much soap and to less action, i wonder if thes people even know that they are not going to whatch a DC movie wen they go for Spider-Man . . . the complled suckses of the marvel stuff came with the soap. . .

I still wish so much that they had Gwen in there being killed by a Goblin, even if it had been Norman killing her, the second Goblin movie would have been so much more intens :(

Edited by Michael Matzat

I saw the midnight showing on the 29th and loved it...only one thing I would've changed but it's only a minor detail.

Spoilers below....

I would have changed the order of the ending. I would have put the MJ wedding, MJ-Peter stuff first. Peter goes out as Spidey, does his tour around New York, everything's nice and shiny and it fades to black making everyone think the credits are about to roll on a happy note but they don't. Instead it fades back in to Harry's scene, Norman appears before him, he discovers the Goblin suit and glider. Go to close-up of the Goblin mask, fade to black, roll credits....