~~~Mafia II~~~

EWBMafiaII.jpg

“As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a Gangster.” Henry Hill

Foreword:

And so here we are again. I know what you’re thinking – is it sequel time already? Well, yes and no. You see, the original Mafia was nothing more than an experiment for me, to see how things would work out – and work out well it did. However, I must admit that my execution of it was rather sloppy and rushed at times, not to mention me being rather flip-flop with the rules, and if there’s anything I can’t stand, is myself performing below what I believe to be my personal best. So here it is once more, the way I original intended it to be, with more careful planning, a bigger budget, and twice the mindfuck. I’ve got tons of new ideas, and I’m hoping to make this the best thing I’ve ever done in the Cube. So here we go. If you’ve been here before, just skip to the last bit, and throw your name into the hat. I’m planning to kick this off once the New Year begins, where it should end just in time for King Kong. Alright, enough of my rambling. Let’s make this a good one.

Overview:

THIS IS A NON-ROLEPLAYING GAME~! THERE IS NO ROLEPLAYING HERE! NONE! ZILCH! YOUR LIES OF BEING COMMITED TO SOME OTHER RP IN THE CUBE ARE NOT WELCOME HERE~!

Basically, there are two teams, the Town and the Mafia. Once the game begins, you will be sent a pm informing you of your team, and whatever abilities you possess. The Mafia will know who its members are, however, the regular townsfolk will not know who is with or against them. The object of the game is for the Town to kill all the Mafia members, and vice versa.

The game itself is split into two sections, night and day. During the each night, the Mafia gets to kill off any player of their choice. In addition, certain abilities can be used in the night, such as investigating another player to determine his alignment/role/whatever (you will be told if you have access to such abilities in your pm). Once the night is over, I will post an update detailing all the kills and events that have happened.

During the day, all players (Mafia and Town) alike, will vote to decide which player to kill off. Townsfolk should try to figure out who the Mafia is, and vote for them. Similarly, the Mafia should be trying to sow discord amongst the townsfolk, and getting them to kill each other off. New to this round, is that I have removed all clues in my updates – instead, you must examine voting behavior and role claims to determine who is part of the Mafia. Day ends once a person has been lynched by the Town, and so the cycle continues.

Updated rules will be posted in the game thread. This time, make sure you read them *carefully*, as I will be killing off and replacing anyone who breaks the rules.

Recruitment:

This thread will be open for 48 hours, so if you want in, simply say so in this thread. This time round, I’ve bumped the number to TWENTY FIVE PLAYERS (maybe 30 if I have overwhelming response + if I can think of enough roles), first come first serve. Don’t fret if you’re not chosen though, if you don’t get in, you will be a replacement for those I kill for rule breaking, or if people drop out, etc. I will post the game thread just before the New Year, but since I’m expecting everyone to be off partying and what not, (and so I can make the 2006 Diary Cube awards :D) the first voting session (the official start of the game) will not commence until sometime after the New Year, giving everyone ample time to send in their abilities.

Now, if you please…let’s get this thing going.

Town Registry:'

1. Aries :wub:

2. DMN

3. Burninating Pecsi

4. Nick Adams

5. oldskool

6. Cole

7. sirdavinator

8. thuggy

9. LivingLegend

10. The Ace

11. plubby