Biggest Anti-Climax

Benji

Final Fantasy X

Left so much unanswered. Also seemed pretty crummy that Tidus is just a dream (we find this out half way through anyway.)

Auron being dead was so obvious aswell, and I'm sure lots gets answered in FFX-2, but the game is shit, so I don't bother playing it.

Not that it wasn't obvious, but Auron being dead > *, making his character even better than it already was, and he owned as it was.

I was more annoyed about how it was pretty impossible, it seemed, to lose the last fight. Against Jecht, it was tough (but I used Yojimbo and all my money, and may have killed him in one go, I can't remember...I'd died a few times before that though), but Sin, or whoever you fought after that, was the suck.

The last boss is Yu-Yevon, and you have full-life cast on you, so I'm quite sure it WAS impossible to lose the fight.

FFX's ending is also my pick, I hated the little shot of Tidus and Jecht high fiving(though no one else seems to remember this so maybe I'm on crack)

Yeah, I remember that. Stupid scene. You go through Tidus hating Jecht throughout the whole thing, and then they decide to put some corny moment in at the end.

Facing Yu Yevon was a massive let down aswell, impossible to lose against him cause I don't think Full Life goes away?

I suppose Braska's Final Aeon was a big let down for me because I took the easy way and belted him with Anima's Oblivion, which kind of took the fun out of it by overkilling him. I thought some of the Seymours and Yunalesca were much harder. Then again, I had trouble with Lord Ochu.

Continuing the spoiler convo on FFX's ending :P

If I remember from the game, didn't Tidus and Jecht patch things up? Tidus was crying and everything, and he actually told Jecht he loved him at some point there. I could have sworn he did, anyway, which would justify that ending... considering he'd finally looked at Jecht as a father and not an annoyance.

Final Fantasy X

Left so much unanswered. Also seemed pretty crummy that Tidus is just a dream (we find this out half way through anyway.)

Auron being dead was so obvious aswell, and I'm sure lots gets answered in FFX-2, but the game is shit, so I don't bother playing it.

Not that it wasn't obvious, but Auron being dead > *, making his character even better than it already was, and he owned as it was.

I was more annoyed about how it was pretty impossible, it seemed, to lose the last fight. Against Jecht, it was tough (but I used Yojimbo and all my money, and may have killed him in one go, I can't remember...I'd died a few times before that though), but Sin, or whoever you fought after that, was the suck.

Do we really need to put the ending to Rampage in spoiler tags?

Hey, why give it away? If there's any infinitessimally small chance some other sap will waste his time, I'm all for that.

Yeah, but it's an NES-era game, they shouldn't expect anything more than a "THE END" or "CONGRATULATIONS!" All games back then were like that. It's not as if Rampage was a very story-driven game. Not to be a dick, but what exactly would you hope to see in the ending to Rampage?

Do we really need to put the ending to Rampage in spoiler tags?

Hey, why give it away? If there's any infinitessimally small chance some other sap will waste his time, I'm all for that.

Yeah, but it's an NES-era game, they shouldn't expect anything more than a "THE END" or "CONGRATULATIONS!" All games back then were like that. It's not as if Rampage was a very story-driven game. Not to be a dick, but what exactly would you hope to see in the ending to Rampage?

A text-based ending would've been nice, say something in theme with Raiden's victory epilogue in the original Mortal Kombat game. It's not as if it was out of the ordinary for NES games to throw a little bone in terms of an ending- the Legend of Zelda, for instance, which came out the year before Rampage.

Yeah, but Zelda has something of a story. Little Elf boy trying to save a princess and this Triforce thingy. Rampage's story is: hey, you're a big fucking lizard, fuck this building up. Then go fuck up this building. Then go fuck up this building. Then fuck up this building. Eat people. Don't eat the helicopter, it burns your tummy.

In fairness to Boulder, Contra's a simple plot with a pretty decent ending." The game is basically kill the fucking goofy aliens and don't get shot. The ending atleast shoes a nice bombing and a bit of dialogue. I can see where he's coming from on this one, especially when you consider how long Rampage can get. It'd be nice to atleast get a little story along the lines "The Green Lizard Lady and Hairy King Kong looking guy took over the USA and became President and Vice President".

Edit - I'm not sure what you're referring to Apple Shampoo. :shifty::P

Edited by VerbalPuke

KOTOR II's ending was such a let-down.

Especially after the awesome ending to KOTOR, Sith Lords was really sorta like "ok, what's next" but it just ends. KOTOR had an awesome ending if you finished with the dark side or the light side. Sith Lords could easily have had the character (if ending with the light side) starting a new Jedi academy, trying to find other Jedi or even Revan, who knows, but the way it ended was naff as hell.

I agree with everyone on KOTOR II, but the ending was part of all that cut material because LucasArts wanted the game out by the holidays, and so they had to rush it.

There's a group of people (Team Gizka) who are rebuilding all the cut stuff and putting it in (eg: droid factory on Telos, multiple endings, etc) and are going to release it as a mod when it's finished. They're at about 78% completion now I think, so it should be relatively soon.

Guest Takayamanofear

I feel sorry for the guy that goes though all the pac man levels hoping to find a grand ending and mystery to what is pac man. Only to find when you beat the game the screen screws up.

Final Fantasy X

The last boss is Yu-Yevon, and you have full-life cast on you, so I'm quite sure it WAS impossible to lose the fight.

FFX's ending is also my pick, I hated the little shot of Tidus and Jecht high fiving(though no one else seems to remember this so maybe I'm on crack)

Edited by Visionary

Hitman Contracts

So after all that, he finally escapes from the hotel, and manages to board a plane, also occupied by Sophie...... She offers him a new case, despite the Agency screwing him, at exactly the same time a stewardess offers him a cup of coffee..... he says "No thanks", and the twist is..... Was he refusing to be an assassin? Or just turning down a coffee? Seem as though there's a new hitman coming out soon, the fact he was turning down a hot drink as the final portion of the game just makes all that effort I put in to get the Silent Assassin rating a waste.

Hitman Contracts

So after all that, he finally escapes from the hotel, and manages to board a plane, also occupied by Sophie...... She offers him a new case, despite the Agency screwing him, at exactly the same time a stewardess offers him a cup of coffee..... he says "No thanks", and the twist is..... Was he refusing to be an assassin? Or just turning down a coffee? Seem as though there's a new hitman coming out soon, the fact he was turning down a hot drink as the final portion of the game just makes all that effort I put in to get the Silent Assassin rating a waste.

Personally I found Hitman Contracts in whole to be an incredible disappointment after the awesomeness that was Silent Assassin. I don't really know what it was, I just didn't think it was anywhere near as good as #2 :\

I loved Conctracts, I felt it was on a whole a lot more gritty and realistic than Hitman 2 which was also an excellent game. I really can't wait for Blood Money to come out, for me Hitman is the type of series that I can play if they only changed the levels every year, but please, for the love of God put the codes back in so I can mess around when I am done playing. :P