Biggest Anti-Climax

Benji

Just to ensure, please DO put your spoilers in spoiler tags...

Lala

My biggest anti-climax was the ending of FF9, and it's the only thing I can fault in one of my top games, if not my top game.

Also, oddly, I always consider Tekken a strange anti-climax as they seem to build up only certain people as being able to win it between 2-4, 5 finally broke this with Wang, Asuka, Jin and Kazuya all being potentials (all others are really just outside bets due to their endings).

What was the ending of Final Fantasy 9?

Basically Kuja died, they realised how precious life was and then they all celebrated Garnet's coronation and everything was happy. Absolutely nothing of any meaning to the story because it had all been covered in the game itself.

main villian of FF9, tries to destroy the earth, after you kill him in "trance" you fight some thing that talks like Yoda IIRC

Edited by Maxx

Fucking Rampage for the NES. Well, the name of the game was just Rampage. Anyway, no save or nothing, so you've got to devote a good five hours to an initially fun, though REALLY repetitive game. When you conquer the whole country as whichever monster you've chosen, they just show a picture of the US with the word "congratulations" on it. Sheesh, give us a text epilogue or something.

I'll just say this in a very vague way...

The ending of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland seems to come out of nowhere and does nothing but completes what you've been doing the entire game. I expected some sort of big twist at the end or atleast a huge final mission. It just didn't feel like I'd done anything to deserve finishing the game.

One I clearly remember was at the end of KOTOR 2: Sith Lords, great game, but that ending just pissed me off, and left more questions then answers. <_<

I always get depressed with GTA endings (well the last three anyways) as I've played for ages, built up an empire, got good friendships / rivalries / screw jobs going with others......Then it's over and I'm stuck wandering around looking for horseshoes with no more interaction from anyone....

Depressing.

Final Fantasy X

Left so much unanswered. Also seemed pretty crummy that Tidus is just a dream (we find this out half way through anyway.)

Auron being dead was so obvious aswell, and I'm sure lots gets answered in FFX-2, but the game is shit, so I don't bother playing it.

Not that it wasn't obvious, but Auron being dead > *, making his character even better than it already was, and he owned as it was.

I was more annoyed about how it was pretty impossible, it seemed, to lose the last fight. Against Jecht, it was tough (but I used Yojimbo and all my money, and may have killed him in one go, I can't remember...I'd died a few times before that though), but Sin, or whoever you fought after that, was the suck.

Guest Grapehead

Final Fantasy X

Left so much unanswered. Also seemed pretty crummy that Tidus is just a dream (we find this out half way through anyway.)

Auron being dead was so obvious aswell, and I'm sure lots gets answered in FFX-2, but the game is shit, so I don't bother playing it.

Final Fantasy X

Not that it wasn't obvious, but Auron being dead > *, making his character even better than it already was, and he owned as it was.

I was more annoyed about how it was pretty impossible, it seemed, to lose the last fight. Against Jecht, it was tough (but I used Yojimbo and all my money, and may have killed him in one go, I can't remember...I'd died a few times before that though), but Sin, or whoever you fought after that, was the suck.