What CD's Should I Buy From These Bands?

K

I'm going to see these bands soon, and I don't have much, or anything by them... so what CDs have songs they are likely to play? and what Cd are they touring.. and you know, what are good.

Dragonforce (I have Sonic Firestorm)

Soulfly (I have Sepultura - Roots, so I have Roots Bloody Roots)

Skindred

Soil (I have Scars)

American Head Charge (I have The War Of Art)

Pitchshifter

Disturbed

DragonForce are v.good musicians, as you'll obviously know if you've heard Sonic Firestorm (esp. the super fast solo in "Fury of the Storm").

To be honest, all of those bands, except Disturbed, are pretty bad.

Try not to listen to Pitchshifter at all. Like, walk away during the concert or something.

Personally, I'd have argued that Disturbed are the worst of the bunch. How you can say that they're better than Dragonforce, Skindred or a band featuring MAX FUCKING CAVALERA, I'll never understand.

And, yeah, your post added nothing. Clearly Keith likes the bands, otherwise he wouldn't be asking the question, and he's hardly going to change his opinion for you.

Anyways, for Skindred, I'd recommend pretty much anything. Babylon is the best starting point, though and probably Tribe for Soulfly.

Skumfrog already said what I was gonna say to that guy. :(

As for reccomendations, for Soulfly, arguably Prophecy is their best album. Some awesome stuff on there like Porrada, Moses, Mars, and the title track.

Also, I'd reccomend Sepultura's Chaos AD and Beneath The Remains.

The rest I'm not too sure of, although from what I've heard of Skindred they're pretty good.

Apparently American Head Charge "The Feeding" was well recieved, so probably worth checking out.

Soulfly's "Dark Ages" got mixed reviews, but is thier latest one, so I assume you'll hear a bit of of that.

With Disturbed, check out "The Sickness", as it has thier best songs on it IMO. Thier second album was lacklustre, and I haven't heard much of the 3rd one.

Dragonforce own, but I also only have Sonic Firestorm, I think "Dawn Of A New World" is the best song on it, total class.

Check out "re.de.fine" from Soil, as apparently that's thier best album (according to allmusic.com)

Dragonforce's new album "Inhuman Rampage" has been getting some rave reviews from the fans, so you might want to go that way. Personally, the only way I'd touch that album would be with a sledgehammer, but you asked for suggestions.

By the way, do Skindred even HAVE any other albums besides "Babylon"?

Get Inhuman Rampage. You only have two weeks to learn the words ¬_¬ That, and it fucking rocks (I doubt they'll play many songs off Valley of the Damned (their first, and only other, album), so you should be ok with Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage).

Oh, and pick up Edguy's new album, Rocket Ride. Comes out on the 20th. They're also at the DF gig (I like them more than DF. They're the reason I bought the ticket :P).

As for Disturbed, are you going to the gig in April? (I forgot when you said it was). Apparently I'm being dragged to London again to see them in April. Yay. [/FakeEnthusiasm]. They're ok I guess. Pick up Believe, you can probably find it cheap and you won't need any other albums because they all sound exactly the same. Although Ten Thousand Fists (the song) is quite catchy, I must admit. I'm still on the fence when it comes to Disturbed. I like them, sort of, but they're so samey it feels like I'm listening to one really long song. Some people say that about Dragonforce too though, so I guess it's a taste thing.

As for the others, the only album I've heard from any of them is War of Art, which you already have (didn't care for it much, for the record). So yeah, can't help much there...

Edited by TheReilDeal27

I only like Skindred and Disturbed from that bunch, so I'd recommend Babylon from Skindred(the only CD I've heard from them actually), and The Sickness for Disturbed. Really, you can't go wrong with any Disturbed CD though. Of their 3, I'd rank them like this:

1. The Sickness

2. Ten Thousand Fists

3. Believe

Just went shopping.

Picked up

Soulfly - Primitive

Soulfly - Dark Ages

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

Pitchshifter - Infotainment

Pitchshifter - PSI

Sepultura - Against

And online I just bought

Dragonforce - Valley of the Damned

Soil - Redefine

Skindred - Babylon (Remastered)

Zero Cipher - Diary of a Sadist

Soulfly - Soulfly (25th Anniversary Edition)

Dragonforce, Soil, American Headcharge, Soulfly and Skindred are all within a month, thought I'd bone up on them first. Disturbed and Pitchshifter aren't for a while... plenty of time yet. I just picked up the PS stuff early because I found them in a second hand shop.

As for Disturbed, are you going to the gig in April? (I forgot when you said it was). Apparently I'm being dragged to London again to see them in April. Yay. [/FakeEnthusiasm]. They're ok I guess. Pick up Believe, you can probably find it cheap and you won't need any other albums because they all sound exactly the same. Although Ten Thousand Fists (the song) is quite catchy, I must admit. I'm still on the fence when it comes to Disturbed. I like them, sort of, but they're so samey it feels like I'm listening to one really long song. Some people say that about Dragonforce too though, so I guess it's a taste thing..

In my opinion, and from what I read, Believe is easily thier worst album of the 3.

As for Disturbed, are you going to the gig in April? (I forgot when you said it was). Apparently I'm being dragged to London again to see them in April. Yay. [/FakeEnthusiasm]. They're ok I guess. Pick up Believe, you can probably find it cheap and you won't need any other albums because they all sound exactly the same. Although Ten Thousand Fists (the song) is quite catchy, I must admit. I'm still on the fence when it comes to Disturbed. I like them, sort of, but they're so samey it feels like I'm listening to one really long song. Some people say that about Dragonforce too though, so I guess it's a taste thing..

In my opinion, and from what I read, Believe is easily thier worst album of the 3.

I echo the statement made by rvd. I hated Believe. I mean it was good in that it developed their songwriting more, but the sound sucked ass and was too watered down, especially compared to the Sickness. TTF was a gigantic step in the right direction, though, so it's all good.

SOiL's coming out with a new album soon anyways and it's a lot heavier than their earlier stuff, so goto their website to check out that stuff if you haven't already.

And American Head Charge > every other band on that list. I recommend The Feeding to anybody who likes hard rock/metal.

Yeah, but that doesn't really say that much because Believe is still awesome even if it is the "worst of the three." ^_^

I dunno, a lot of Disturbed fan's I know (echoing Livid's sentiments) didn't like the more polished sound. I had the album, I thought it was pretty good, but just over time, I lost most of my love for it, as it was just a bit too slick.

It has it's moments, but I'd definitely recommend the first (from personal experience) and the 3rd (from what I've heard from others, having not heard it myself)