Scary Movie 4

EWFan2004

The Poster:

scarymovie4posterbig2.jpg

The Trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/scarymovie...LbJwp0G311fVXcA

The Plot:

The Scary Movie gang is back with send-ups of "War of the Worlds," "The Grudge," "The Village," "Saw" and "Saw II," "Million Dollar Baby" and much more. Legendary comedy director David Zucker and producer Bob Weiss reunite to take aim at some of the best fright films, the latest box office hits, music, current events, pop culture, and your favorite celebrities.

Anna Faris and Regina Hall are back as the loveable, dim-witted Cindy Campbell and her self-serving, sex-crazed pal, Brenda, respectively - joined this time around by Craig Bierko ("Cinderella Man"), as the cute-but-utterly clueless Tom Ryan.

Together, they battle to save the world from a ruthless alien invasion. And the outrageous celebrity cameos include: Carmen Electra, Shaquille O'Neal, Dr. Phil, Bill Pullman, Chris Elliott, Molly Shannon, Michael Madsen, rappers Chingy and Lil' John, Leslie Nielsen returning as our fearless Commander in Chief, plus many, many more surprises.

I thought number one was alright, but the other two left a lot to be desired really, number three being terrible in particular.

I won't be seeing this at the cinema, or rented DVD, but when it comes onto Sky I'll probably watch it if I can be bothered. Although part of me thinks I shouldn't.

HOW CAN A MOVIE NAMED SCARY MOVIE POSSIBLY MAKE FUN OF WAR OF THE WORLDS AND MILLION DOLLAR BABY?

Then again, I guess you can't call a movie just "Movie". And for the record, I think they've went subsequently downhill with each installment. Jeremy Piven was the only thing funny about SM3.

EDIT: And from watching the trailer...very meh. There was a couple of chuckle moments, but nothing more.

Edited by Black Math

HOW CAN A MOVIE NAMED SCARY MOVIE POSSIBLY MAKE FUN OF WAR OF THE WORLDS AND MILLION DOLLAR BABY?

Then again, I guess you can't call a movie just "Movie". And for the record, I think they've went subsequently downhill with each installment. Jeremy Piven was the only thing funny about SM3.

I remember seeing the first Scary Movie in the theater and laughing harder then I've ever laughed in my entire life, I remember I couldnt't breathe i was laughing so hard. When I watched it on DVD it wasnt as funny. Part 2 and 3 had it's moments but they were just kinda "ok".

I beg to differ. Take a look at the people going to be in it. Is there a name that jumps out at you? No?

MICHAEL FUCKING MADSEN. Nearly everything the man does is quality.

HE'S quality in everything he does, some of the movies however...are not

I liked 3 better then 2 too(but thats not saying much), but the original is still the best of the bunch. As for the trailer, looks like the same stuff minus the fart jokes. But it doesn't matter because I know my friends will drag me into it.

Nope, I'm afraid I'll have to charge you the same rate as the rest of my clients. :shifty:

Back on topic, I don't understand how you can commend a film based on the trailer, but the plot in general looks a bit weak. I suppose it helps if you've seen the films that it's parodying and appreciate crude toilet humour, which is why I liked the first one so much. The second one was alright, and I haven't seen the third one yet, but I don't think I'll be going to see this one. As mentioned, the franchise name has run it's course, I'd go with a fresh title for the next one.

Nope, I'm afraid I'll have to charge you the same rate as the rest of my clients. :shifty:

Back on topic, I don't understand how you can commend a film based on the trailer, but the plot in general looks a bit weak. I suppose it helps if you've seen the films that it's parodying and appreciate crude toilet humour, which is why I liked the first one so much. The second one was alright, and I haven't seen the third one yet, but I don't think I'll be going to see this one. As mentioned, the franchise name has run it's course, I'd go with a fresh title for the next one.

1) I did say In My Opinion/IMO in the first post. So like I say in the first post IMO this is best of the franchise and the funniest of the other three.