24 Season 5 UK Thread.

FLiam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, next season is based in China right?

Too predictable of an ending, he wasn't going to escape alive or have people rescue him or going to get killed.

Probably the worst series so far in my opinion, so many good characters killed off and just not the same as series 1 & 2.

I didn't like the ending all that much. It would have been better for the end to have been Logan getting arrested or fucked up or something. But they did that too early.

The ending with Jack getting shipped out on a boat to China makes so sense, especially since the producers of the show have admitted the next year won't be in China. The Chinese might try and catch up with him again, but he won't be in one of their Xiajang prison camps.

oooh, me and my girlfriend were so shocked when we realized it was the chinese. we've been pretty good with our predictions all season, but for some reason we knew logans hitmen would be behind the kim phonecall, but didnt think it would be the chinese.

ah well, we also thought it would be in china next time. kinda glad and kinda sad its not actually. the ctu scenes at the end felt they had like a..so long forever...vibe to them.

Probably the worst series so far in my opinion, so many good characters killed off and just not the same as series 1 & 2.

I've loved this series, it might just be my favourite, beating out series 2. Yes, they had some good characters killed off, but I enjoyed the introductions of the other characters and I think Christopher Henderson is the best 24 villain to date.

I personally loved the ending, it was a tad obvious when he said the call had been transferred to a landline, but still, it was awesome.

I really didn't think this series was all that good. It's kind of like in wrestling where they take shortcuts to get a good match - crowd brawling, blood, run-ins etc. That's what this series seemed like - it's like they just decided to kill off a whole load of main characters in order to make it enjoyable. There also seemed to be quite a few things that happened that seemed implausible and totally unrealistic, which kind of ruined the atmosphere. Obviously you have to give it a degree of creative licence to forgive these things, but it just seemed like they tried to take it too far this time around (partially due to Jack supposedly being 'dead' at the end of the previous series). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the storyline and all, but it just didn't do it for me like previous seasons did.

The one thing that irks me the most is how little fanfare was made of Tony's death. The man is literally there one minute and gone the next and nobody seems all that upset about it. Particularly Jack, who at the end of season 3 had an emotional breakdown because of everything that happened, and yet Palmer, Michelle, Tony were all killed in the space of a day and it doesn't show all that much.

Him having another breakdown type moment wouldn't have worked, though. The audience are supposed to put their faith in him and yet to have him blubbering at the end of every series would be crap.

I think they needed to kill some characters off because it was starting to get stale. Plus I read somewhere that the next series might be set in New York (don't know if there's any truth in that) so chances are guys like Tony, Michelle and Palmer wouldn't be there anyway.

I did find the death of Tony a little shit too.

I mean next to Jack he is probably, along with David Palmer the best character in 24 history.

I don't think Henderson has been the best villian either, Nina Myers will never be beaten.

Marwan was pretty bad ass. But Nina just kept reappearing to fuck with you no matter when she shown up. Plus she was kinda hot too.

The problem with Nina was that when she showed up in Day Three it was just sort of more like "oh look it's Nina here to fuck with Jack again." Her death was golden, but that's it.

I want to concur with the complaints regarding Tony's death. It was a terrible, terrible death with absolutely no impact whatsoever, given to the second most prominent character in the entire series. I know that Carlos Bernard wanted to move on so more power to him, but it was a fucking lame death.